Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brooklyn Nets trade possibilities if they decide to break things up

So the Nets suck, if you haven't noticed yet. To make things worse, their best player Brook Lopez was injured for the rest of the season.

So now they are stuck with a veteran team that doesn't have much left other then this year and next year to compete for a title... oh and they have a coach that was playing in the nba last year against his roster, KG, Pierce, Williams, Johnson and everyone else in the playoffs.

I think it is a matter of time before the nets start to rebuild and just decide to trade away some of their stars. I think KG, Pierce, and Williams can get them some much needed talent to help them stay competitive or just plain old start over again with a young coach and less expectations this time.

So make your predictions... what kind of trades do you see the Nets making?

vCash
    I think the Nets can try and package KG and Pierce in a trade to a contender for some youngsters or others. A possibility is to the Clippers, although the clippers would have to get a third team involved or need to send back several contracts. Deandre Jordan and Jamal Crawford would most likely be the main players involved but other than that I can't think of anything else.

I think KG can be traded in a separate trade to the Thunder for Perkins, Jones, Lamb and a draft pick... the thunder would get a big man to pair down low with Ibaka and this might finally make them stand out over everyone else in the West.

The nets could trade Pierce to the Grizzlies for Randolph, as rumored earlier this week or they can trade him to the lakers for pau gasol... maybe packaging pierce and kg for gasol, kaman, and a couple other players.

It is hard thinking of trades for both of these stars because they are old, not as reliable as before and have expensive contracts. Plus I don't think their are many nba title contenders that might want either of them.

But trading Deron Williams shouldn't be a problem. I think a perfect trade can be for Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin out of Houston. The nets get a replacement center in Asik and a young point guard that might be better for the nets then williams. The rockets get a superstar point guard who needs a change of scenary and maybe playing with a big man like Howard (who he wanted to play with back in the orlando days when the dwightmare was going on) and a great scorer in Harden would be perfect. Remember these 3 played together on team usa so they would have chemistry together.

I think Jason Terry gets thrown into any deal with these 3 players too... but now its your turn, what do you think will happen?

vCash
    By the way, I haven't mentioned Joe Johnson because he is nearly impossible to trade! His contract is too big so he is left stuck in Brooklyn whether they trade him away or not... maybe they amnesty him at the end of the year if they decide to rebuild?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsalame123 View Post
    By the way, I haven't mentioned Joe Johnson because he is nearly impossible to trade! His contract is too big so he is left stuck in Brooklyn whether they trade him away or not... maybe they amnesty him at the end of the year if they decide to rebuild?
    Really wish people understood the rules and requirements when it comes to amnesty a player.

vCash
    What a perplexing labyrinth. The Nets FO should play more 2k dynasty to test different outcomes of different proposals.And I guess they will be shocked that most of the different packages will not be so much different at the end of the day .
    They sowed the wind and now reap the whirlwind .I still remember how conceited Proky looked when that blockbuster trade was made.

vCash
    I think the Nets can try and package KG and Pierce in a trade to a contender for some youngsters or others. A possibility is to the Clippers, although the clippers would have to get a third team involved or need to send back several contracts. Deandre Jordan and Jamal Crawford would most likely be the main players involved but other than that I can't think of anything else.

I think KG can be traded in a separate trade to the Thunder for Perkins, Jones, Lamb and a draft pick... the thunder would get a big man to pair down low with Ibaka and this might finally make them stand out over everyone else in the West.

The nets could trade Pierce to the Grizzlies for Randolph, as rumored earlier this week or they can trade him to the lakers for pau gasol... maybe packaging pierce and kg for gasol, kaman, and a couple other players.

It is hard thinking of trades for both of these stars because they are old, not as reliable as before and have expensive contracts. Plus I don't think their are many nba title contenders that might want either of them.

But trading Deron Williams shouldn't be a problem. I think a perfect trade can be for Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin out of Houston. The nets get a replacement center in Asik and a young point guard that might be better for the nets then williams. The rockets get a superstar point guard who needs a change of scenary and maybe playing with a big man like Howard (who he wanted to play with back in the orlando days when the dwightmare was going on) and a great scorer in Harden would be perfect. Remember these 3 played together on team usa so they would have chemistry together.

I think Jason Terry gets thrown into any deal with these 3 players too... but now its your turn, what do you think will happen?
    You're overvaluing KG big time. He has played horrible this yr.

The trade I could see is Asik, Lin and a pick for Williams and KG.

vCash
    [QUOTE=mbsalame123;27681168]

I think KG can be traded in a separate trade to the Thunder for Perkins, Jones, Lamb and a draft pick... the thunder would get a big man to pair down low with Ibaka and this might finally make them stand out over everyone else in the West. [QUOTE]

Their is no way in Hell that Okc will ever trade Lamb, Jones AND a 1st rounder for a washed up Garnett!

We'll offer you Perkins and a 2nd rounder for Garnett at most. If Brooklyn ain't interested then the deal is off. Simple as That.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post
    Really wish people understood the rules and requirements when it comes to amnesty a player.
    I know, right. I love his enthusiasm, though.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    The question is, can they really blow it up? I mean we have to remember that they traded THREE first round picks to the Celtics to get Pierce, Garnett, Terry and whatever other garbage they got. They really put themselves in a win or nothing for two years scenario, with the hopes that they would win at least 1 title and then they wouldn't care about the aftermath of sucking with little draft picks available.

To make matters worse, because of swap options, the Nets can lose their next FIVE draft picks.

2014 - Hawks can swap/Celtics take lower pick - Joe Johnson/Celtic trade
    2015 - Hawks can swap - Joe Johnson trade
    2016 - Celtics get it - Celtic trade
    2017 - Celtics can swap - Celtic trade
    2018 - Celtics get it - Celtic trade

And remember, their 2011, 2012 and 2013 picks were already traded for Deron/Wallace/Joe. 2011 was Kanter, 2012 was Lillard.

HOLY CRAP!

As bad as the Knicks are right now it makes me feel a little better to look across the bridge to see that there is in fact a franchise run more poorly. Billy King, run for your life while you can.

vCash
    You can only amnesty a player you signed before the last CBA went into effect. They acquired JJ via trade so he doesn't apply.

vCash
    Can they trade Jason Kidd?

vCash

Nba won't allow pierce & Garnett to the clips until a full year passes. This was settled before they even went to brooklyn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    You can only amnesty a player you signed before the last CBA went into effect. They acquired JJ via trade so he doesn't apply.
    This is correct, only one they can amnesty is deron. Because he's under a new deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    This is correct, only one they can amnesty is deron. Because he's under a new deal
    The Nets have already used their amnesty on Travis Outlaw. They can't amnesty anyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by black1605 View Post
    The Nets have already used their amnesty on Travis Outlaw. They can't amnesty anyone else.
    Lmaooooo I'll never wonder how billy king got a 2nd job

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast