Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Player with the most number of shots blocked

While I was watching a video of the top 10 blocks in 2013, I actually wondered if which players get his shots swated the most? Do the NBA keep stats for that or are there any other source?
    I also wondered which players was stolen with the ball most and which player was posterized the most?

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    overall no idea. but i doubt that anyone has a larger percentage of their shots blocked than Rubio
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    overall no idea. but i doubt that anyone has a larger percentage of their shots blocked than Rubio
    Evan Turner might have something to say about that haha

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    When I played ball in grade school and high school, getting your shot blocked was ultimate way of showing up a player, likely in part because nobody I played with could dunk. But getting by a guy for a lay up or dunk, doesn't seem as insulting as getting your shot blocked. I always relished the moment when I blocked somebody.

The NBA does keep track of how many time you get your shot blocked. If you look up box scores on NBA.com, the category labelled 'BA" is the number of times a guy gets blocked.

The first year they kept track, guys like James, Melo and Kobe were getting blocked the most, I think Kobe was at the top, but I'm not sure what the percentage was. That stat doesn't show up on with their averages.

I was excited to see them keeping track of it at first, but it has turned out to be a pretty useless stat since it counts for a missed FG anyways.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Kobe will be a lock of all -time 1st of being blocked.Now he is the 4th all time scorer and the players ahead are Kareem, Malone and Jordan.I think Kobe has surpassed them ,and my reasons are as follows .
    Firstly ,it is easy to say that guards get blocked much more easily than big men, since guards have more jumpshots whereas big men tend to lay up and dunk which are harder to block. So now we can rule Kareem and Malone out.
    Secondly, Jordan
    1) played fewer games and more selective about his shots ,so he was blocked less .and
    2)what can not be ignored is that back in 90s, the average defense level around the league wasnt as rock -solid as now(Nowadays big men are mainly used as defensive anchors,so you dont see too many Howard-type guys who can score ),so Jordan was facing less intense defense,therefore was blocked less.

Kobe is a crazy guy who likes to take shots no matter he is hot or cold that night because he is super confident that the next shot will fall.
    So without searching stats, I am pretty sure he is and will be for a long time, the player who has been blocked the most .Take a look at the superstars who are chasing him, KD and LBJ, they are more efficient and they are younger. So I believe that at least for a decade, Kobe will remain this spot.
    Correct me if I am wrong:wink:
    Last edited by Chrisclover; 12-27-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: polish my argument

Stay hungry, stay foolish.

vCash
    It's probably David Lee. The combination of him being undersized, below average leaping ability, and his refusal to pump fake makes him get blocked at least twice a game.

Deandre got like 4 on him last night

vCash
    Evan Turner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    The NBA does keep track of how many time you get your shot blocked. If you look up box scores on NBA.com, the category labelled 'BA" is the number of times a guy gets blocked.
    I have no idea that that's what BA means. I actually thought that it means "Block Attempt" and the number of times the guy attempted to block the shooter. lol, sorry if I'm that idiot.

vCash
    I believe that Tiago Splitter is a strong candidate..the guy is so slow to put the ball inside the rim..lol, sorry Spurs fan.

vCash
    I actually found a website that records those stats...Greg Monroe was no. 1 during the 2012-2013 season.

Greg Monroe 120
    James Harden 112
    Ty Lawson 108
    DeMarcus Cousins 106
    Tristan Thompson 106

http://www.hoopdata.com/scoringstats...3&gp=0&mins=20

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclever View Post
    Kobe will be a lock .Now he is the 4th all time scorer and the player ahead are Kareem, Malone and Jordan. Easy to say that guards get blocked much more easily than big men, since guards have more jumpshots whereas big men tend to lay up and dunk which are harder to block. So now we can rule Kareem and Malone out. Secondly, Jordan played fewer games and more selective about his shots and what can not be ignored is that back in 90s, the average defense level around the league wasnt as rock -solid as now(Nowadays big men are mainly used as defensive anchors,so you dont see too many Howard-type guys who can score ),so Jordan was facing less intense defense.
    Kobe is a crazy guy who likes to take shots no matter he is hot or cold that night because he is super confident that the next shot will fall.
    So without searching stats, I am pretty sure he is and will be for a long time, the player who missed the most shots .Take a look at the superstars who are chasing him, KD and LBJ, they are more efficient and they are younger. So I believe that at least for a decade, Kobe will remain this spot.
    Correct me if I am wrong:wink:
    You really must have 0 clue about this topic because facts point to the exact opposite lol.

vCash
    i've seen melo stuffed at the rim several times now while trying to dunk. he just has zero lift.

vCash
    Sorry ,I deviate from my initial idea because I didnt take time to review my post .
    My whole argument is based on the fact that
    1)guards take more shots ,so they are prone to be blocked more .
    2) jumpshots are easier to be blocked than layups and dunks which are the major offensive methods of the PF and C.

So I think Kobe, who has taken many jumpshots, has been blocked the most
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    You really must have 0 clue about this topic because facts point to the exact opposite lol.
    Last edited by Chrisclover; 12-27-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: grammatical mistakes

Stay hungry, stay foolish.

vCash
    When Amare plays he usually gets blocked.

If Dos Equis man were to say that it would go, "I don't always play, but when i do, I get my ***** blocked."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclever View Post
    Sorry ,I deviate from my initial idea because I didnt take time to review my post .
    My whole argument is based on the fact that
    1)guards take more shots ,so they are prone to be blocked more .
    2) jumpshots are easier to be blocked than layups and dunks which are the major offensive methods of the PF and C.

So I think Kobe, who has taken many jumpshots, has been blocked the most
    what??? those aren't facts.
    1. a position has no bearing on who takes more shots. definitely not a fact.
    2. can't prove this but I see a whole lot more shots being blocked in the paint than jumpers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast