Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game #30: Los Angeles Lakers @ Utah Jazz- Get the Beat Going Again

Pau is out as mentioned by Gail in the other thread.

We're playing the worst team out west...
    Last edited by shep33; 12-27-2013 at 12:50 PM.

vCash
    win??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoh View Post
    win??
    not so sure, SLC is always a tough place for us, even when we are contenders, so now that we can't beat anyone, don't expect it to be easy.

If we don't win the next 5, damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    not so sure, SLC is always a tough place for us, even when we are contenders, so now that we can't beat anyone, don't expect it to be easy.

If we don't win the next 5, damn.
    This should be a win my man Iron24th...
    I just read that Karl Malone, John Stockton and Jeff Hornacek are all out...
    LOL!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mekedubs View Post
    This should be a win my man Iron24th...
    I just read that Karl Malone, John Stockton and Jeff Hornacek are all out...
    LOL!!
    yeah meke I know, but the way we're depleted and suck without a PG (Farmar too rusty for now), I don't see this as an easy win might not even be a win.

vCash
    It all comes down to the 3 point shooting... doubt it goes well on the road even with Utah sucking...

The jazz have been laying around home since Monday...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoh View Post
    win??
    At this point, I'm rooting to lose. In fact, I've been rooting to lose all season. I want a high draft pick.

All I want from this team is to develop some talent so next season they can play around Kobe and the free agent they are going to sign.

vCash
    We've played pretty decently on the road so far and utah is probably the 2nd worst team in the league. We should be able to get this win. We have a pretty resilient team, every time the ship looks like it's going to start sinking guys have come out and played really hard, so we'll probably play with a lot of energy tonight.

vCash
    Hopefully we can get Gasol back soon.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-27-2013 at 02:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ibejeph View Post
    At this point, I'm rooting to lose. In fact, I've been rooting to lose all season. I want a high draft pick.

All I want from this team is to develop some talent so next season they can play around Kobe and the free agent they are going to sign.
    Dude, we have 13 wins, even if we were to lose the massive majority of the rest of our games (which also isn't all that likely) we would still likely end up with a late lottery pick. Milwaukee is going to likely get a top 2 pick, the only chance we have is if we win the lottery.

vCash
    Kaman will get the start with Pau out.

I really hope Kaman has a strong game. Pau has more basketball in him but I'm convinced he needs to be with another team. If Kaman can do whatever D'Antoni wants his post player to do, then Pau would be expendable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    We've played pretty decently on the road so far and utah is probably the 2nd worst team in the league. We should be able to get this win. We have a pretty resilient team, every time the ship looks like it's going to start sinking guys have come out and played really hard, so we'll probably play with a lot of energy tonight.
    Last two games were terrible but Utah is tanking. They might just play hard because is vs the lakers. If the three is out then no chance for us. Like most of the time.

vCash
    I agree that this team lives and dies by the 3, but the season stats put an interesting spin on that adage.

It's still shocking to me that the great majority of our shooters are shooting over the magic .333 mark from beyond the arc. And most of them are well beyond that number. For example, should Pau shoot the three or not when he's open? Season stats say yes because he's shooting .400, albeit on only 10 total shots. But guys like Meeks, Blake, Young, Johnson and Farmar are all at .367 or above on a steady diet of deep looks. Even Henry (.327) and Williams (.326) should be given the green light until they slip consistently.

Of our outside shooters only Kobe is weak at .188 for obvious reasons. What's truly problematic, however, is that while our post players are rightly staying away from the 3 (except for Pau), most of them stink in terms of their scoring percentage around the rim. Pau is only .448 on two-point baskets, meaning he should probably be shooting MORE from outside than around the basket.

In fact, if you want to know why our team stinks you have to look at 2-point FG%, which shows that only three players on the entire roster are shooting over 50%, and only ONE of those players is a post player.

Not surprisingly, Hill is shooting .577 inside, with no outside shots.
    Quite surprisingly, Meeks is shooting .511 inside on 139 attempts.
    The third guy? Ryan Kelly, who is 2 of 4 baskets inside the arc.

That's it! We've got nobody else who can score over .50% inside!

The answer to this problem is obvious: trade Pau and/or Kaman for one or two bangers who do nothing but play like Hill. If we had another player or two like Hill -- although preferably taller -- who score +55% around the basket, rebound, play post defense and block shots, we would be able to exploit our outside shooting, which is absurdly good. Unfortunately, until we get those players we're going to stink.

Added:

Clippers have 9 guys on their team shooting .50% or better from two-point range.
    Heat have 9, with three guys shooter over .600.
    OKC has 9, and one of them is NOT Perk (.484)
    Rockets have 8.
    Spurs have 8.
    Pacers have 6.
    Portland has only 4.

Man, no wonder we stink.
    Last edited by GailGoodrich; 12-27-2013 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    **** me. Kaman is going to start with Williams, then Kelly is going to be in the rotation... Jordan Hill gets ****** again!

vCash
    MDA has a serious man crush on Williams

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast