Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jets Re-sign David Nelson

Outstanding signing..... It could be argued that he has been our best reciever since coming to the team, he certainly seemed to be (along with Kerley) Geno's favorite target. He's been clutch and glad he'll be back next season.

vCash
    Well that was quick but expected as he has been a pleasant surprise off the street.

vCash
    Glad they got this done sooner rather than wait until the offseason.

I still hope the Jets make DNelson and JKerley battle it out next year to see who the better slot WR is.

Sandwich that player in-between a quality WR like EDecker and an potential #1 WR like MEvans or the explosive MLee, and you now have the making of a vertical offense.

More than adequate TEs will be available this offseason via FA or trade bait, the ONLY reason for the Jets to draft a TE in the 1st is if the top 3 WRs are already taken.
    Under that scenerio ONLY= JAmaro > ASefarian-Jenkins > EEbron.
    Last edited by MrX27; 12-26-2013 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    Not happy about this. If he comes back as our #5 then I'm fine with it, but just because he is putting up arguably the best numbers on an absolutely terrible receiving core doesn't mean he's a starter. I hope the Jets front office isn't convinced that he earned a spot as a top 3 receiver on this roster.

vCash
    Good signing.. He produced in a very short time.. Stayed pretty healthy and now he will have a full offseason with geno... That could only be a good thing

vCash
    Excellent signing. A big, reliable target in the slot.

Here's our depth chart for next year at WR:

WR 1: Nobody
    WR 2: Nobody
    WR 3: Kerley
    WR 4: Nelson

Get Decker and Watkins and I'll be a happy man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Excellent signing. A big, reliable target in the slot.

Here's our depth chart for next year at WR:

WR 1: Nobody
    WR 2: Nobody
    WR 3: Kerley
    WR 4: Nelson

Get Decker and Watkins and I'll be a happy man.
    Don't count hill out.. Pair him along with a top tier wideout we should be on and a good tight end

vCash
    I like it. Nelson is the only guy played hard for Geno. Kerley is better but he is not on the field half the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Not happy about this. If he comes back as our #5 then I'm fine with it, but just because he is putting up arguably the best numbers on an absolutely terrible receiving core doesn't mean he's a starter. I hope the Jets front office isn't convinced that he earned a spot as a top 3 receiver on this roster.
    Knock it off. You are unhappy with your own false expectations. No one declared him a starter. This is precisely the type of signing we need. Look at what happened this year with both our #1 & #2 WR's unable to see the field. You need depth and quality depth you can count on and what better WR in the league would you rather have for our rookie QB than Nelson who has developed chemistry with him???
    Try looking at glass half-full.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Glad they got this done sooner rather than wait until the offseason.

I still hope the Jets make DNelson and JKerley battle it out next year to see who the better slot WR is.

Sandwich that player in-between a quality WR like EDecker and an potential #1 WR like MEvans or the explosive MLee, and you now have the making of a vertical offense.

More than adequate TEs will be available this offseason via FA or trade bait, the ONLY reason for the Jets to draft a TE in the 1st is if the top 3 WRs are already taken.
    Under that scenerio ONLY= JAmaro > ASefarian-Jenkins > EEbron.
    I think Nelson struggled when playing the slot and has excelled on the wide side but that's just me.

As for TE's in FA, you might want to take a look at the prospects available before declaring WR being that first choice. And who's going to give one up in a trade? Those are rare anyway. Besides, we'll know more after FA just what needs will be remaining.
    But be careful for what you wish for in that scenario as you will then be waiting on a rookie to find his way as a WR when Geno needs reliable targets at WR now. The same could be said (waiting on a rookie) for the TE position but to me, that's your 2nd option in the passing game.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-27-2013 at 08:50 AM.

vCash
    I'm sure its a very cap friendly low risk high reward deal we've come to see from Idzik so far, so I like it...

I don't think they re-signed him to be a 1, 2 or 3 receiver, just t keep quality depth at the position...

You could still have Decker/Draft Pick/Cooper/Hill/Kerley/Nelson if they decide to go out and spend big on receivers...

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I think Nelson struggled when playing the slot and has excelled on the wide side but that's just me.

As for TE's in FA, you might want to take a look at the prospects available before declaring WR being that first choice. And who's going to give one up in a trade? Those are rare anyway.
    And be careful for what you wish for in that scenario as you will then be waiting on a rookie to find his way as a WR when Geno needs reliable targets at WR now. The same could be said (waiting on a rookie) for the TE position but to me, that's your 2nd option in the passing game.
    I agree that we need to bring in a true number 1. But a fully developed WR should be able to produce right away. And I feel like we have a good slot receiver. I don't know that Nelson or Hill are number 3s in the way that most teams have one but I don't think they are incompetent.

Still, for the sake of the offense overall I definitely want to bring in a number 1 FA WR.

vCash
    Hill is still raw, but he can make progress if we bring in a veteran WR who can help him develop. I still like the idea of drafting en elite TE (Amaro) or OL if the right person falls to us. I am glad to see this signing though. He has been solid and is a small bright spot on our black hole of an offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikefromMars View Post
    Hill is still raw, but he can make progress if we bring in a veteran WR who can help him develop. I still like the idea of drafting en elite TE (Amaro) or OL if the right person falls to us. I am glad to see this signing though. He has been solid and is a small bright spot on our black hole of an offense.
    I can't imagine an OL which would be an OG being selected with our 1st round pick. Have any of you looked at the mock draft boards? Do you see any OG prospects like Warmack or Cooper? There are no 1st round OG's in this draft much less a mid 1st rounder. And why is this such a dire need? Did you notice how the Jets ran on the #1 rush defense in the league in Carolina? Did you see how they ran all over the Browns #8 rush defense? They don't need an OG in this draft, period. Winters is catching on and an offseason of continued weight training will do him a lot of good. Besides that, your value is in free agency upgrading Colon if they don't keep him instead.
    This team needs weapons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I can't imagine an OL which would be an OG being selected with our 1st round pick. Have any of you looked at the mock draft boards? Do you see any OG prospects like Warmack or Cooper? There are no 1st round OG's in this draft much less a mid 1st rounder. And why is this such a dire need? Did you notice how the Jets ran on the #1 rush defense in the league in Carolina? Did you see how they ran all over the Browns #8 rush defense? They don't need an OG in this draft, period. Winters is catching on and an offseason of continued weight training will do him a lot of good. Besides that, your value is in free agency upgrading Colon if they don't keep him instead.
    This team needs weapons.
    100% agreed, I'm very happy with the O-Line, with the option of upgrading Colon in free agency.

I think Winters is going to be a solid to above average OG for us. We all know what a bust at OG looks like after seeing Vlad The Marshmallow for so many years, and Winters is miles ahead of where Ducasse was at this point in his rookie year.

Like you said, one full off season of NFL weight training and time to gel with Brick and Mangold will be a huge boost to his ability...

I think upgrading Colon could actually move this line back into the "elite status" it was early in Rex's tenure...(Assuming Howard continues to develop solidly)

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast