Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 256
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,275
    vCash
    1500

    Cam is overrated

    panthers defense is giving up 14.73 points per game, team currently 11-4

    last year, the panthers defense gave up 22.68 points per game, team finished 7-9

    cam newton last season: 58 comp % 3869 passing yards 7.98 YPA 19 TDs 12 INT 86.5 QB rating

    cam newton this season: 62 comp % 3230 passing yards 7.2 YPA 22 TDs 12 INT 89.2 QB rating

    cam newton this season when team is behind: 55.8 comp % 791 passing yards 5.4 YPA 7 TDs 4 INT 75.5 QB rating

    cam is basically the same QB as he was last year, he actually averaged more YPA last season and threw more passing yards/game

    panthers are ranked 28th in passing offense, 19th in points per game at 23 ppg

    get this: they gave up 22.68 points per game last year, and scored about 23 ppg last year also, this year their defense is giving up 14.73 points per game

    The offense is the replica of last season, defense made a big turnaround and bam, 11 wins

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,316
    vCash
    3400
    whats your point? i dont think anyone thinks Cam is a top QB in this league. He is good enough to win the way his team is constructed similar to Kaepernick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    whats your point? i dont think anyone thinks Cam is a top QB in this league. He is good enough to win the way his team is constructed similar to Kaepernick.
    my point is:

    this year people are saying cam finally "matured" and some media outlets are putting him around the #7 range in QB rankings

    he didn't "mature" or become a top 7 QB overnight, the defense just got significantly better and he maintained his skillset from last season

    also don't think he's good enough to win a shootout type game where his defense won't save him example: if his team faces the packers with a healthy Rodgers, his team will lose.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,147
    vCash
    1500

    Cam is overrated

    No he's really not.

    Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

    Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,935
    vCash
    1500
    I keep worrying that he won't progress enough and never get close to his full potential. So far it still kind of feels like that.

    Future Packer Guaranteed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,316
    vCash
    3400
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    my point is:

    this year people are saying cam finally "matured" and some media outlets are putting him around the #7 range in QB rankings

    he didn't "mature" or become a top 7 QB overnight, the defense just got significantly better and he maintained his skillset from last season

    also don't think he's good enough to win a shootout type game where his defense won't save him example: if his team faces the packers with a healthy Rodgers, his team will lose.
    he did mature. maturing doesnt mean better numbers its his decision making, ability to lead a game winning drive against elite teams, mental toughness, leadership, etc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,876
    vCash
    1500
    You say he is over rated. What is he rated at? The only "rating" I know of is passer rating (89.2) for 14th in the NFL and ESPNs Total Quarterback Rating is 54.88 for 17th in the NFL. Is he rated higher than that somewhere else? Are those ratings wrong in some way? Who or what is overrating him?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    You say he is over rated. What is he rated at? The only "rating" I know of is passer rating (89.2) for 14th in the NFL and ESPNs Total Quarterback Rating is 54.88 for 17th in the NFL. Is he rated higher than that somewhere else? Are those ratings wrong in some way? Who or what is overrating him?

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ters_rosenthal


    Alone at the top:
    1. Peyton Manning (3)

    Top Four:
    2. Philip Rivers (19)
    3. Drew Brees (4)
    4. Tom Brady (2) (Aaron Rodgers) (1)

    Next level:
    5. Ben Roethlisberger (6)
    6. Russell Wilson (8)
    7. Andrew Luck (6)
    8. Cam Newton (14)
    9. Nick Foles (N/A)
    10. Bears quarterbacks (15)
    11. Matt Ryan (7)
    12. Tony Romo (13)

    The next level after that:
    13. Matthew Stafford (16)
    14. Ryan Tannehill (18)
    15. Colin Kaepernick (9)
    16. Joe Flacco (10)
    17. Alex Smith (25)
    18. Andy Dalton (23)
    Last edited by yaswaggin; 12-26-2013 at 07:59 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    he did mature. maturing doesnt mean better numbers its his decision making, ability to lead a game winning drive against elite teams, mental toughness, leadership, etc
    decision making looks to be the same, hes had more game winning drives, mental toughness and leadership mostly comes from the defense, they are the leaders of that team

    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I keep worrying that he won't progress enough and never get close to his full potential. So far it still kind of feels like that.
    they have a defense minded head coach in ron rivera , no one to really help him progress his game, ala nick foles had chip Kelly to help progress his for example

    they should fine a QB coach who can take him to that next step

    edit: find not fine
    Last edited by yaswaggin; 12-26-2013 at 08:09 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    98,922
    vCash
    1605
    Cam is clutch.

    Is what you meant.


    Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,876
    vCash
    1500
    By Gregg Rosenthal
    So one cub reporter writing an article on the NFL website is considered definitive that the guy is overrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ters_rosenthal


    Alone at the top:
    1. Peyton Manning (3)

    Top Four:
    2. Philip Rivers (19)
    3. Drew Brees (4)
    4. Tom Brady (2) (Aaron Rodgers) (1)

    Next level:
    5. Ben Roethlisberger (6)
    6. Russell Wilson (8)
    7. Andrew Luck (6)
    8. Cam Newton (14)
    9. Nick Foles (N/A)
    10. Bears quarterbacks (15)
    11. Matt Ryan (7)
    12. Tony Romo (13)

    The next level after that:
    13. Matthew Stafford (16)
    14. Ryan Tannehill (18)
    15. Colin Kaepernick (9)
    16. Joe Flacco (10)
    17. Alex Smith (25)
    18. Andy Dalton (23)
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,969
    vCash
    1500
    Considering Cam has very little to work with in the way of other offensive weapons, he's doing just fine with what he has.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41,194
    vCash
    500
    I think the Panthers are more overrated than Cam.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gatkins11 View Post
    Considering Cam has very little to work with in the way of other offensive weapons, he's doing just fine with what he has.
    steve smith ring a bell?

    greg olsen is pretty decent TE too

    also good QBs make players around them better

    brady made Julius Edelman look like a pretty good wr

    peyton making Julius Thomas look like prime time tony G and other WRs such as Decker and Thomas were utilized a lot better with peyton

    rivers is making keenan allen look like a 3rd round steal and helping his career progress faster

    nick foles turned riley cooper from a non-existent WR to a legit #2 WR

    big ben loses big play Wallace? no problem, adjusts with Antonio brown
    Last edited by yaswaggin; 12-26-2013 at 09:06 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,935
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yaswaggin View Post
    steve smith ring a bell?

    greg olsen is pretty decent TE too

    also good QBs make players around them better

    brady made Julius Edelman look like a pretty good wr

    rivers is making keenan allen look like a 3rd round steal and helping his career progress faster

    nick foles turned riley cooper from a non-existent WR to a legit #2 WR

    big ben loses big play Wallace? no problem, adjusts with Antonio brown
    Steve Smith is falling off the cliff this year......

    Future Packer Guaranteed!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •