Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

League: Griffin should not have been ejected

NEW YORK -- Rod Thorn, NBA President, Basketball Operations, issued the following statement today regarding the ejection of Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin with 10:43 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Golden State Warriors' 105-103 win over the Clippers on Dec. 25, at Oracle Arena:

"After a league review of the Clippers-Warriors game, we have come to the conclusion that Blake Griffin should not have been ejected from the game. A common foul should have been called on Griffin for initially attempting to dislodge the Warriors' Andrew Bogut and a technical foul should have been assessed to Bogut for grabbing Griffin by the shirt and wrestling with him."
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/12/26/n...s=iref:nbahpts

Please lock if already posted.

vCash
    Well, I was listening to the Warriors commentators just now on the radio and they mutually agreed that it was mostly Griffin who initiated it all because after each foul he draws, he tends to stare you down.

vCash
    he should not have been thrown out for that. At all. I get the fact that he always stares down opponents after they foul him, but his actions were not that bad. He was trying to get the hell away from Bogut.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    meh, this is another one of those 'we ****ed up' messages the league issues that can't change the outcome. As a raptor fan, I'm used to seeing them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    he should not have been thrown out for that. At all. I get the fact that he always stares down opponents after they foul him, but his actions were not that bad. He was trying to get the hell away from Bogut.

well maybe he needs to stop staring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Dubs Player View Post
    Are you serious bro? Pussification if you ask me. The freaking league just said Griffin should not have been thrown out, but I guess radio folk know more about basketball than the NBA President. Warriors continue to be dirty.

vCash
    Bad call from refs. It hapenned before and it will happen in the future. But it costs Clippers a game

vCash
    Is this what everyone wants?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs1fySutD7Y

vCash
    or maybe the refs shouldn't give him a technical when they know he is gone if they do so, when all he did was get tangled up with Bogut, and then try and get himself away from Bogut trying to hockey-style his jersey.

He should not have been given a technical on that possession. Not even sure I would give him one if he didn't have the first one, but you for sure don't kick out a player because of his actions.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    Are you serious bro? Pussification if you ask me. The freaking league just said Griffin should not have been thrown out, but I guess radio folk know more about basketball than the NBA President. Warriors continue to be dirty.

You sound like the Nuggets calling us dirty. See Paul trying to confront Bogut at the end? And barnes pushing bogut, Stephen Jackson looking crazy.

vCash
    or maybe the refs shouldn't give him a technical when they know he is gone if they do so, when all he did was get tangled up with Bogut, and then try and get himself away from Bogut trying to hockey-style his jersey.

He should not have been given a technical on that possession. Not even sure I would give him one if he didn't have the first one, but you for sure don't kick out a player because of his actions.

Griffin is sneaky though. Deep down I think he was angry that Bogut made contact and Griffin tried to out muscle him

vCash
    You sound like the Nuggets calling us dirty. See Paul trying to confront Bogut at the end? And barnes pushing bogut, Stephen Jackson looking crazy.
    Lets all forget Griffin didn't get elbowed in the chest. That's dirty, but go ahead and attack me and not the warrior players. Take the homer glasses off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPURSFAN1 View Post
    The league also didn't see a problem with bron hanging on the rim for as long as he wants or other superstars doing as they please and getting star treatment doesn't make them right.

Warriors weren't dirty (outside of greens elbow but who knows what was said between them). And if they are by your standards what are the clippers? Paul tried to take the ball from Bogut at the end of the game after the whistle was blown and then gets in his face and pissy after Bogut doesn't just let it go and bow down to the mighty Chris Paul and then Barnes goes on to shove Bogut from behind.
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 12-26-2013 at 06:43 PM.

vCash

what difference does it make if he already has a technical?

call the game the way it happens... not the way that is gonna get more kia sponsor money. I know there were a ton of casual fans waching that game... but for the diehard fans- it was still a heck of a game after blake griffin left
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    what difference does it make if he already has a technical?

call the game the way it happens... not the way that is gonna get more kia sponsor money. I know there were a ton of casual fans waching that game... but for the diehard fans- it was still a heck of a game after blake griffin left
    Agreed

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast