2 22.22%
  • Ronald Belisario

0 0%
  • Other

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Closer for 2014?

Now that Reed is gone, who do you believe should be the next closer for our beloved Pale Hose?

vCash
    I personally voted for Lindstrom. He has closing experience, hovered around 80% success rate in save opportunities, similar to Reed at 83%...keeps the ball in the yard..not explosive in any stretch of the imagination, but probably the most consistent guy we got in the pen besides the now-acquired Downs. Jones and Belisario are too hit-and-miss for me.

vCash
    Voted Jones.

But won't be shocked if it is Lindstrom after spring training.

vCash
    Bobby Jenks!

vCash
    I'm not to worried about it. I think Jones or Lindstrom could do it while also giving guys like Petricka and Webb a chance at some point.

vCash
    I'd personally rather not have a closer-by-committee heading into the year. Jones runs hot and cold more than any pitcher in our bullpen. He is probably our most explosive guy in the pen but I'll take Lindstrom's consistency over Jones's erratic control/explosiveness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    Bobby Jenks!
    Going party like it is 2005!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownFan92 View Post
    I'd personally rather not have a closer-by-committee heading into the year. Jones runs hot and cold more than any pitcher in our bullpen. He is probably our most explosive guy in the pen but I'll take Lindstrom's consistency over Jones's erratic control/explosiveness.
    The Sox have no real chance if competing this year so closer really has no value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    The Sox have no real chance if competing this year so closer really has no value.
    ahhhh, I don't know about that man..these young guys could play their ***** off and we could be in contention for a wild card spot, at least for a little while. I don't think we'll finish last in the division again this year.

vCash
    lindstrom. why? so we can flip him if he does well for something good as he is one of the higher paid BP arms we have (maybe the most expensive?).

while we will be a lot better I really don't care who closes this year as I don't think we will contend.

vCash
    ahhhh, I don't know about that man..these young guys could play their ***** off and we could be in contention for a wild card spot, at least for a little while. I don't think we'll finish last in the division again this year.
    we will be a lot better but doubt we compete for the WC.

were talking about fighting for a WC spot (assuming we all agree that Detroit wins the central) with:

TB
    Bos
    NY
    LA
    TX
    Oak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    we will be a lot better but doubt we compete for the WC.

were talking about fighting for a WC spot (assuming we all agree that Detroit wins the central) with:

TB
    Bos
    NY
    LA
    TX
    Oak
    I said for at least a little while. lol I believe we could make things interesting though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    lindstrom. why? so we can flip him if he does well for something good as he is one of the higher paid BP arms we have (maybe the most expensive?).

while we will be a lot better I really don't care who closes this year as I don't think we will contend.
    Lindstrom has closing experience. Sure, Jones is nastier and more explosive...but he's inconsistent and erratic at times...same applies to Belisario. I don't want our 'forsure' closer to popup mid-August when we're 25 games out of a playoff spot...we blew too many games last year (not all of that was Reed's fault, obviously, but still) to waste another year finding someone to shut the door...I just don't want to witness that again. that's all. Lindstrom might not be the flashiest choice, but you know what you're gonna get from him. But do you really think he'll put up Crain/Thornton type numbers to become a hot commodity come the trade deadline? I don't think so lol he is though our 2nd highest paid pitcher behind Danks at 2.3mil.
    Last edited by ChiTownFan92; 12-27-2013 at 08:32 AM.

vCash
    It should be Jones,since we wont contend,and he can learn on the job and get through the rough spots and hopefully grow into a real closer..

vCash
    Lindstrom has closing experience. Sure, Jones is nastier and more explosive...but he's inconsistent and erratic at times...same applies to Belisario. I don't want our 'forsure' closer to popup mid-August when we're 25 games out of a playoff spot...we blew too many games last year (not all of that was Reed's fault, obviously, but still) to waste another year finding someone to shut the door...I just don't want to witness that again. that's all. Lindstrom might not be the flashiest choice, but you know what you're gonna get from him. But do you really think he'll put up Crain/Thornton type numbers to become a hot commodity come the trade deadline? I don't think so lol he is though our 2nd highest paid pitcher behind Danks at 2.3mil.
    I think he can do well enough to get us a good prospect from a contender needing a BP arm.

as for the closer. we wont need one until '15 when I think we can contend (assuming Hahn continues to do what he has done) I think beck will be ready.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast