Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The DJ Augustin appreciation thread

DJ has been the best pick-up the Bulls have made in years. I liked him when he played in Charlotte as he was a handful for Rose to guard because of his speed. He's only been on the team a few weeks and he runs the offense better than any point guard the Bulls have had other since Rose was drafter and I think he runs the offense better than Rose does too!

He needs to be signed to a mult-year contract as soon as the Bulls can do so. He's the perfect back-up to Rose and he's also able to play along with Rose. He's far exceeded my expectations. It's great that in these short weeks he's already better than Kirk has since his return. If he's signed to a multi-year deal that will open up a lot of different lineups if Rose is healthy. It was working somewhat with Kirk running the PG spot and Rose as the 2. With DJ and Rose as 1/2 they will be faster and a nightmare to cover and the fastest fast break in basketball.

Rose>DJ>Kirk
    Butler>Kirk/Snell
    Deng (if retained)>MDJ
    Boozer (if retained)>Taj
    Noah>Taj>Whoever

If Deng is let go. This is a terror squad to close out games. They'll be lightning quick at every position with the exception of Taj, kinda, and will run teams out of the gym.

DJ
    Rose
    Butler
    Taj
    Noah

Sign DJ Augustin to a multi-year contract ASAP GarPaxDorf!!!

vCash

The DJ Augustin appreciation thread.

I agree. I'd love to bring him back as a backup for Rose. With his ability to run the offense and score occasionally, he's a perfect fit to lead the second unit.

vCash
    I've been pleasantly surprised by him. Would definitely like to bring him back next year.

vCash
    We should sign him longer term after he fakes (I really don't want him hurt) a year ending injury. He is messing up all our plans!!! Teague was leading us to the high end of the draft!

vCash
    Go DJ , that's our DJ

vCash
    Augustin has been a great pick up. What a huge upgrade compared to Teague. I'm not ready to say he's better then Kirk yet. Offensively, probably.... but Kirk has size and better on defense. What's Augustin, barely 6' tall? I don't really remember Rose having issues with him on defense, but I definitely do remember Rose OWNING Augustin when he was on Charlotte.

vCash
    And people thought I (and a few others) was crazy for thinking he would've been a great 3rd PG in the offseason.

vCash
    If we are healthy with Augustin now we probably make the playoffs. Not sure how I feel about it.

vCash
    I think if we can stay somewhat healthy there is no way we don't make the playoffs unless we blow up the team by trading Deng and Boozer (SEEMS VERY UNLIKELY)

vCash
    I'm still down with the tank but I'm really glad DJ's now a Bull, I hope it continues long term. I'm also happy Teague gets a chance to go and develop his game in the D-league.

vCash
    Love what I've seen,but hate the long term ramifications of it(playoffs),until we go all in or all our we will continue to remain in the middle of the NBA peaking order.

Dj though game is better then I thought,and is a good scorer off the bench. Maybe not as much as nate was,but is a better passer & maybe equal to or better at running our offense than nate. To me he's the perfect back up pg with a healthy drose.

We shall see what happens as teams figure him out and game plan for him how it effects him. So far so good.
    Last edited by ballerkingn2; 12-26-2013 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    DJ has been the best pick-up the Bulls have made in years. I liked him when he played in Charlotte as he was a handful for Rose to guard because of his speed. He's only been on the team a few weeks and he runs the offense better than any point guard the Bulls have had other since Rose was drafter and I think he runs the offense better than Rose does too!

He needs to be signed to a mult-year contract as soon as the Bulls can do so. He's the perfect back-up to Rose and he's also able to play along with Rose. He's far exceeded my expectations. It's great that in these short weeks he's already better than Kirk has since his return. If he's signed to a multi-year deal that will open up a lot of different lineups if Rose is healthy. It was working somewhat with Kirk running the PG spot and Rose as the 2. With DJ and Rose as 1/2 they will be faster and a nightmare to cover and the fastest fast break in basketball.
    the bolded are intense overreactions... best pick-up in years? How many years? Did we forget about Nate Robinson just a season ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    the bolded are intense overreactions... best pick-up in years? How many years? Did we forget about Nate Robinson just a season ago?
    First bold I could have sworn I edited to put PG in there. How many years, since Rose has been drafted. He runs the offense better than Watson could ever hope. He's more of an offensive threat than Kirk, by far. Teague is a disaster. He's far more athletic than all of them and faster also.

Second bold, no overreaction at all. Bulls should have signed Nate to a multi year regardless of Rose's status. They need to do that with DJ as soon as they can so another one doesn't bite the dust.

vCash
    So we have an appreciation thread for the best backup PG this team has had in years, essentially is this thread's premise right? Also, Nate's better than DJ so no he isn't even the best backup PG acquisition this team has had in "years" he's the best they've had in 20 days.

And what/how could the Bulls have signed Nate to a multi-year contract? What exception should they have used on a 3rd string guard when other positions like backup SG/SF/C were void? I don't get it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    And what/how could the Bulls have signed Nate to a multi-year contract? What exception should they have used on a 3rd string guard when other positions like backup SG/SF/C were void? I don't get it
    People that were/are advocating for Nate don't think about the ramifications of the cap and whether it was even possible. We (well let me just speak for myself), are speaking from emotion.

We wanted Nate not because he was a 3rd string guard in our mind but because "we" saw him as the 2nd string point guard. Myself personally just saw him as better than Kirk.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong nor am I saying that Nate was for sure better than Kirk. I just wanted to give you insight as to why some guys (like myself) might have wanted Nate.

We don't think of the factors that might have made it difficult to sign him, nor do we think of him as 3rd string.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast