Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

9 90.00%
  • Arizona Cardinals

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 17 Sunday Football: San Francisco 49ers (11-4) @ Arizona Cardinals (10-5)

Code:
    San Francisco 49ers (11-4) @ Arizona Cardinals (10-5) Location: U of Phoenix Stadium Time: 1:25 PM PT Sunday, December 29th TV: FOX
    QB Comparison
    QB Rating Yards TD INT 83.4 3867 22 21 Carson Palmer 89.9 2887 19 8 Colin Kaepernick
    RB Comparison
    Yards Att. YPC TDs 640 207 3.1 8 Rashard Mendenhall 1114 263 4.2 9 Frank Gore
    WR Comparison
    Yards Rec AVG TDs 955 59 16.1 5 Michael Floyd 1030 76 13.6 6 Anquan Boldin
    Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks INTs Karlos Dansby John Abraham Karlos Dansby 117 7.0 5 Navorro Bowman Ahmad Brooks Tramaine Brock 135 8.5 5

vCash
    Let's see a Niners win and a Seattle loss. I'm predicting a close game. Could go either way so I'll stick to my bias and pick the Niners.

vCash
    Let's see how the Seahawks react when the pressures on.

vCash
    Saw McCarthy talking about how GB started prepping for Bears last week because they had Wed off for Christmas. I wonder if the Niners did something similar getting ready for Ari. That would explain the 8th grade level gameplan from the O and make me feel a little better about this week vs a team that just went into the Clink and beat Seattle.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Let's see a Niners win and a Seattle loss. I'm predicting a close game. Could go either way so I'll stick to my bias and pick the Niners.
    Agreed.

This is a must win game, emotionally.

Cardinals are a good team, but what would really be icing on the cake is a Seattle loss.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    21-13 49ers, gonna be a defensive game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    I knew Kap's stats were fairly pedestrian but man i didn't realize they were that unimpressive. He probably isn't going to throw for 3000 yards or 20 TD's this year...

The only stat that matters to me is W/L though, so I am not necessarily complaining, nor do I want to get into another Kap debate...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine:27679501
    I knew Kap's stats were fairly pedestrian but man i didn't realize they were that unimpressive. He probably isn't going to throw for 3000 yards or 20 TD's this year...

The only stat that matters to me is W/L though, so I am not necessarily complaining, nor do I want to get into another Kap debate...
    Actually, he has a very good chance to do both of those things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post

2,900 yards with 19 TD's and one game left. Plus, his passing attempts are pretty low.
    Last edited by hamburger; 12-27-2013 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    Key to this game is our offense getting TD's (not FG's) from the one or two Interceptions that our defense will more than likely get from Palmer. Would like to see a blow out though not relying on turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Agreed.

This is a must win game, emotionally.

Cardinals are a good team, but what would really be icing on the cake is a Seattle loss.
    Why is this a must win game if Seattle loss would only be icing on the cake?? You been saying every Warriors game is a must win since the season started that it has become your calling card lol.

vCash
    In my opinion, the Atlanta game couldn't of gone any better. This team needed a little scare to remind them that they are not invincible. Not only did Atlanta provide them with that scare, they almost sent them into (essentially) a week 17 playoff game. If you looked at the Falcons previous results, you would see that they played in a ton of close games (4 PT Loss to the Saints, 1 Point Loss to the Packers, 7 Point loss to the Patriots). Ultimately the 49ers prevailed and secured a playoff spot, but now this team should be out for blood.

It is not enough to force turnovers against the Cards because their defense is playing as well as anyone's right now. In order to win this game, Kaepernick is going to have to throw the ball well. The Cards have the best rush D in the entire NFL but are middle of the road when it comes to opponents passing. This tells me the 49ers are going to have to come out throwing on 1st and 2nd down. Limiting the 3rd and longs is going to make the difference between winning and losing this week.

Every week I say something along the lines of (I hope to see James in the screen game, I hope Patton gets some targets) but lets be realistic, if it hasn't happened yet, its probably not going to happen this year. With that being said, I expect Gore to get 15-18 carries , Crabs and Bolding to haul in 5-6 balls each, and Vernon to grab another TD pass.

I'll say:

49ers - 23
    Cardinals - 17

vCash
    AZ is gonna be tuff to beat at home. imagine if AZ did sneak into the playoffs though, the NFC is just gonna beat the **** out of each other. you would have potentially 4 punishing hard hitting defenses in AZ, Seattle, SF, and Carolina. There might be anything left for the team that makes it through to the superbowl lol.

vCash
    ha good point ^

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    In my opinion, the Atlanta game couldn't of gone any better. This team needed a little scare to remind them that they are not invincible. Not only did Atlanta provide them with that scare, they almost sent them into (essentially) a week 17 playoff game. If you looked at the Falcons previous results, you would see that they played in a ton of close games (4 PT Loss to the Saints, 1 Point Loss to the Packers, 7 Point loss to the Patriots). Ultimately the 49ers prevailed and secured a playoff spot, but now this team should be out for blood.

It is not enough to force turnovers against the Cards because their defense is playing as well as anyone's right now. In order to win this game, Kaepernick is going to have to throw the ball well. The Cards have the best rush D in the entire NFL but are middle of the road when it comes to opponents passing. This tells me the 49ers are going to have to come out throwing on 1st and 2nd down. Limiting the 3rd and longs is going to make the difference between winning and losing this week.

Every week I say something along the lines of (I hope to see James in the screen game, I hope Patton gets some targets) but lets be realistic, if it hasn't happened yet, its probably not going to happen this year. With that being said, I expect Gore to get 15-18 carries , Crabs and Bolding to haul in 5-6 balls each, and Vernon to grab another TD pass.

I'll say:

49ers - 23
    Cardinals - 17
    I agree. The Atlanta game was the type to light a fire, flip a switch right before the playoffs. Hopefully they're able to keep that energy up for the next 4-5 games. Can't have any first halves like Atlanta though. If Vernon has his **** together he should have a big enough game to put us over the top. Our D should limit their offense to less than 20. But we will need a few big plays. Their D is just too tough to slowly work on down field. Have to exploit their weakness against TEs. Who knows, maybe Vance will catch a ball.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast