Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Someone please fire Jason kidd !!!!!

I'll keep it simple Jason kidd sucks !!!!!! He acts like an assistant coach rather then a head coach he sits on the bench all game while every other head coach in the league stands and coaches their teams he just sits back like a idiot ....

vCash
    Sorry buddy, but you are kind of inaccurate. Kidd didnt sit there doing nothing, he sat and sighed and frowned, quite busy actually. I saw these on NBA .com recap .Also, I saw KG frowned badly, too

Stay hungry, stay foolish.

vCash
    He looked great in that Lakers game from the sidelines. Resembled Lawrence Frank. But looks not like a coach anymore. He's going through his first season from the sidelines, never having been in this role, as a coach of an old veteran team that needs all the coaching it can get in a win or bust year. Too bad he's been put in this position. His ambition got him, too soon to be HC. But should never have been hired either. After the signings of KG+PP could've been demoted to an assistant if management was wily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    He looked great in that Lakers game from the sidelines. Resembled Lawrence Frank. But looks not like a coach anymore. He's going through his first season from the sidelines, never having been in this role, as a coach of an old veteran team that needs all the coaching it can get in a win or bust year. Too bad he's been put in this position. His ambition got him, too soon to be HC. But should never have been hired either. After the signings of KG+PP could've been demoted to an assistant if management was wily.
    That would never have worked, you don't hire a coach then decide to demote him because you got a trade through. He just should not have been hired in the first place. Too much emphasis on his "floor general" persona. Which was just an excuse, we all know he was hired to placate DWILL.

Though now, I see what is going on. DWILL, KG...they are starting to turn in the media. It won't be long. The important piece is DWILL, all he needs to do is say one word to King, or Proky.

Come on! Get on with you're coach-killing self! It's who you are DWILL...you learned from the best...now take him out.

vCash
    They are invested in Kidd for the long haul unfortunately. I think firing Kidd would also mean the team would have to shop DWILL since the 2 seemed intertwined and I dont think the FO is ready to do that. Kidd was a horrible hire that should have never happened but they will give him the entire season to learn on the fly.

vCash
    Are there any legit nba champ coaches out there? Larry Brown maybe for swansong? I get the Jason Kidd thing but this was not the year to do this. If the Nets hand top 3 picks to other teams the coming years because Kidd needs time then the rebuilding will take until 2018 anyway. It's crazy as hell but this is the best thing that can happen to this team now; a real coach who the players can listen to. I keep thinking about that 2004-2005 season when I became a fan and I know Kidd hopes that's gonna happen too. But then we had a prime VC and Kidd combo that fired perfectly. It somehow happened.

2004-2005 Nets W-L
    November 3-11 RJ out for season
    December 10-18 trade for VC
    January 18-26
    February 25-32
    March 34-38
    April 42-40 made playoffs against Miami

Hopefully he proves me we wrong but prime Kidd was a better team player than Deron in adversity, and prime VC ***** on Joe Johnson. With Pierce and Garnett playing badly reaching the playoffs is a challenge even for a good coach. I hope that they make the playoffs though. Maybe.
    Last edited by iceteawithlemon; 12-30-2013 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    Why do it now??? This season is a loss without Lopez -- no shot of winning a title.

Might as well keep Kidd and let him learn for a season and improve -- as clearly a lot of smart b-ball people say he will.

If the Nets were all healthy... and it wasn't 30 games into season -- sure -- fire Kidd. But at this point -- there is no point in doing it.
    you have to be trusted by the people that you lie to -pink floyd

1/23/14: This "team" is irreparably damaged

My Solution: Shut the team down until ALL current contracts expire. If players / coaches / execs can find jobs elsewhere - let them go get new contracts and cut ties completely.

Wait ~5years and relaunch as an expansion team.

Bring back 2 people -- no more, no less. 1: Walt Frazier 2: Herb Williams [Honorable Mention: Mike Breen]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    Are there any legit nba champ coaches out there? Larry Brown maybe for swansong? I get the Jason Kidd thing but this was not the year to do this. If the Nets hand top 3 picks to other teams the coming years because Kidd needs time then the rebuilding will take until 2018 anyway. It's crazy as hell but this is the best thing that can happen to this team now; a real coach who the players can listen to. I keep thinking about that 2004-2005 season when I became a fan and I know Kidd hopes that's gonna happen too. But then we had a prime VC and Kidd combo that fired perfectly. It somehow happened.

2004-2005 Nets W-L
    November 3-11 RJ out for season
    December 10-18 trade for VC
    January 18-26
    February 25-32
    March 34-38
    April 42-40 made playoffs against Miami

Hopefully he proves me we wrong but prime Kidd was a better team player than Deron in adversity, and prime VC ***** on Joe Johnson. With Pierce and Garnett playing badly reaching the playoffs is a challenge even for a good coach. I hope that they make the playoffs though. Maybe.
    Lionel Hollins I believe has said he has no problem stepping in mid season. Should've been the guy from the get.