Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014-2015 Coaching Changes

Feel free and talk about potential coachng changes and people that you would like to see take their spots. I am running short on time so I will post more later.

Defensive Coordinator:
    1.) Rex Ryan- Obvious, but unlike Schwartz I could see him becoming a HC somewhere if he sits out a few years- kind of like Lovie. He gambled on Sanchez and that failed, I think with an offense in place he could do a lot of good.
    Bottom Line: I wouldn't mind making him the highest paid Defensive Coordinator in the League
    2.) Jim Schwartz- Dudes a lunatic but he is a solid efensive mind and our defense could use his aggressiveness. I think Moss and Green would be able to control the stupid penalties and his temper. I assume Schwartz will be looking at a DC job for now and no team will offer him a HC spot, unless its a college? team.
    Bottom Line: Good candidate that would bring fire to the team, but is an idiot. With proper organizational and team leadership already in place, I like him.

vCash
    Id like to see a new defensive
    Coordinator, special teams coach, and quite frankly.. Possibly a new defensive backs coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPack123 View Post
    Id like to see a new defensive
    Coordinator, special teams coach, and quite frankly.. Possibly a new defensive backs coach.
    Are you talking about Whitt or Perry? And you should give both more credit, especially Whitt. Our top 2 CBs were both UDFA and both were or are fringe top 10 CBs. I get that especially the safeties are underperfomaning but Perry hasn't had much talent to work with right now beside Burnett.

vCash
    I would hate to see fartz here. His defense always plays reckless and commits a lot of stupid penalties.

vCash
    I want a new dc, new OL coach and possibly a new st coach. For the most part, I'd thought st's did ok this year but this weekend was a disaster. Basically, our st's have never been more than just ok at best under slouch and we're horrible for a while. I don't want to hear about injuries as an excuse for the OL, even without injuries the OL has been the weak link on that offense and it's time it stopped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
    Are you talking about Whitt or Perry? And you should give both more credit, especially Whitt. Our top 2 CBs were both UDFA and both were or are fringe top 10 CBs. I get that especially the safeties are underperfomaning but Perry hasn't had much talent to work with right now beside Burnett.
    You hit the nail right on the head

vCash
    Anybody who thinks Jim Schwartz could be a part of this organization is on acid. He doesn't live up to the "packer way". Let's NEVER EVER AGAIN discuss him being part of the packer organization.

I'd love Ryan though because he has actually proven himself. I think somebody else will hire Ryan as a HC, but the guy could really be the missing link to this team. Hate Ryan all you want, but the guy knows his **** about defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I want a new dc, new OL coach and possibly a new st coach. For the most part, I'd thought st's did ok this year but this weekend was a disaster. Basically, our st's have never been more than just ok at best under slouch and we're horrible for a while. I don't want to hear about injuries as an excuse for the OL, even without injuries the OL has been the weak link on that offense and it's time it stopped.
    Oh c'mon. The OL has been better than most people think. They aren't great but the aren't terrible either. I think our QBs don't help them much. Rodgers has been better this season but he and Flynn hold the ball pretty long which leads to sacks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slaney30 View Post
    Anybody who thinks Jim Schwartz could be a part of this organization is on acid. He doesn't live up to the "packer way". Let's NEVER EVER AGAIN discuss him being part of the packer organization.

I'd love Ryan though because he has actually proven himself. I think somebody else will hire Ryan as a HC, but the guy could really be the missing link to this team. Hate Ryan all you want, but the guy knows his **** about defense.
    I see where your coming from, but like I stated I think the Packers leadership with the ocaching staff and players could prevent his recklessness. Keep in mind, Green and Moss would still remain. He would also have a chip on his shoulder facing the Lions twice a year.

vCash
    Rex would be cool, but he'll still be a head coach, either with the Jets or another team.

I think Capers has run his course, don't know who's available though or will be. I remember Ed Donatell was made a scape goat for 4th and 26, then Slowik got the call and it was 100% disaster. TT and MM can't make an emotional stupid decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119 View Post
    Rex would be cool, but he'll still be a head coach, either with the Jets or another team.

I think Capers has run his course, don't know who's available though or will be. I remember Ed Donatell was made a scape goat for 4th and 26, then Slowik got the call and it was 100% disaster. TT and MM can't make an emotional stupid decision.

Do you think Winston Moss is a DC? My thought is that he has been passed up a few times for that job already and he would have gotten his chance already if they thought he was a DC. The thing I like about Moss is that he has been here for the 4-3 and 3-4 so he could create an intriguing defense potentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TC119:27677434

I agree with everything you said besides rex being a hc for the jets he is done there an I think they have told him that.. his last home game last week it seemed like he knew it would be his last n waved to the fans and at the end of the game walked around giving high fives to fans, almost as to say goodbye! I would love rex as our dc tho!
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Do you think Winston Moss is a DC? My thought is that he has been passed up a few times for that job already and he would have gotten his chance already if they thought he was a DC. The thing I like about Moss is that he has been here for the 4-3 and 3-4 so he could create an intriguing defense potentially.
    Thats an interesting possibility. An attacking 4-3/3-4 blitz scheme combo has always been my favorite type of defense. Also, we do have the personnel to fit that kind of scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
    Thats an interesting possibility. An attacking 4-3/3-4 blitz scheme combo has always been my favorite type of defense. Also, we do have the personnel to fit that kind of scheme.
    Exactly my thinking. Probably would need to add (draft) an aggressive Mike Backer to groom/develop quick with Hawk aging and Jones always hurt. Hypothetically if that is the defense we see, what is the effect on Raji? Picket is almost done and Raji hasn't played well enough at all to get a massive contract- or anything close to that for that matter. I would say a 1-2 year, prove me contract with a lot of earn-able incentives that could push the contract to the going rate of Pro Bowl DT's, assuming he earns it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Exactly my thinking. Probably would need to add (draft) an aggressive Mike Backer to groom/develop quick with Hawk aging and Jones always hurt. Hypothetically if that is the defense we see, what is the effect on Raji? Picket is almost done and Raji hasn't played well enough at all to get a massive contract- or anything close to that for that matter. I would say a 1-2 year, prove me contract with a lot of earn-able incentives that could push the contract to the going rate of Pro Bowl DT's, assuming he earns it.
    I still don't think I would want Moss running that scheme in GB as the D-coordinator, however. I'm not really up to date on who runs an attack 4-3/3-4 as far as coordinators go, but Moss' career has seemed to plateau and I think there may be a reason. Someone mentioned earlier hes been passed up a few times.

I think a move like a Winston Moss or someone who runs the attacking 4-3/3-4 would signify the end for Raji in Green Bay. I also feel that most of the personnel decisions on the DL rest on who the D-coordinator turns out to be next year. If the Packers can get ahold of someone who is a competent MLB, Capers might turn out to be the best option next year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast