Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Should we rebuild?

I don't see any hope for this team on the horizon. Maybe we should just trade Melo, Chandler, and any other assets we have for picks. Other than Hardaway Jr. and maybe Shump, there is no young talent on this team. Am I overreacting over a slow start, or does anyone else feel the same?

I just feel like this team is going nowhere.

vCash
    If we are trading melo we better get a damn good package. Say what you want about his ball hog style he is still a talented player surrounded by scrubs.

Melo for Blake
    Tyson to okc for Perkins picks and Jackson
    Bargs and Felton for Gordon expiring and bobcats 2016 pick
    Amare just let him expiring
    JR for a 1st rounder
    Keep iman and thjr.

vCash
    Keeping Melo and trying to rebuild would be difficult.. I think Melo is a great player and I want him here. So with that said, Yeah let's rebuild without giving up on our main guy.. I am disappointed in all this trade Melo talk.. Without him that Knicks would have never had the record they had last season..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyKnicks126 View Post
    Keeping Melo and trying to rebuild would be difficult.. I think Melo is a great player and I want him here. So with that said, Yeah let's rebuild without giving up on our main guy.. I am disappointed in all this trade Melo talk.. Without him that Knicks would have never had the record they had last season..
    W/o him we wouldn't have won 54 games and gotten eliminated in the second round? I love Melo, but we need to start raising the bar a bit higher. 54 wins in the east isn't a big accomplishment, and I thought we'd at least have reached 1 ECF by this point. We gave away half our team in 2011 and our team has already peaked out with Carmelo.

We should rebuild, but we can't and we won't. The only two players with value on this team are Tyson and Melo, and Dolan won't trade either of them. I'm not even sure we'd even get a great return for Melo, considering his free agent to be status is gonna turn off a lot of teams.
    Last edited by Bang Bros89; 12-25-2013 at 05:16 PM.

And we though things couldn't get any worse, smh

vCash
    The obvious answer is yes! But it wont happen because of ownership

vCash
    we aint getting reggie for tyson, reggie's still on his rookie contract and is more valuable at 2 mil then tyson is at 14. i would trade Melo for Blake only because blake is on a better contract and is younger. We would then need to get a stretch 5 though or 3 really good shooters around him. i'm kind of feeling trading melo for lottery picks, maybe to the suns for 2 firsties and dragic? i dunno, team is in a pickle, it's not looking good. hopefully shumps comes back to his old self, timmy continues to progress and we can salvage some part of this team. it's just tough to watch these efforts.

vCash
    We should. But we won't.

I'd keep only Shumpert and Hardaway Jr. everyone else has a for sale sign. And I fire Woodson.
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bros89 View Post
    W/o him we wouldn't have won 54 games and gotten eliminated in the second round? I love Melo, but we need to start raising the bar a bit higher. 54 wins in the east isn't a big accomplishment, and I thought we'd at least reaced 1 ECF by this point. We gave away half our team in 2011 and our team already peaked out with Carmelo.

We should rebuild, but we can't and we won't. The only two players with value on this team are Tyson and Melo, Dolan won't trade them. I'm not sure we'd even get a great return if we traded Melo, his free agent to be status is gonna turn off a lot of teams.
    I agree sadly, but they should explore everything at this point. It's never going to work with this group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    If we are trading melo we better get a damn good package. Say what you want about his ball hog style he is still a talented player surrounded by scrubs.

Melo for Blake
    Tyson to okc for Perkins picks and Jackson
    Bargs and Felton for Gordon expiring and bobcats 2016 pick
    Amare just let him expiring
    JR for a 1st rounder
    Keep iman and thjr.
    This Chandler trade is actually brilliant. Jackson, Perk and a 1st. I think OKC would do it too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    We should. But we won't.

I'd keep only Shumpert and Hardaway Jr. everyone else has a for sale sign. And I fire Woodson.
    This

and at your sig

vCash
    Okay.. In the early 2000's why didn't the Knicks just rebuild? We had no assets, we traded picks for overrated high priced players that didn't contribute, we traded for BS. overrated "assets" example. (Marbury, Francis, Curry, Antonio McShit).. The Knicks need picks, and that is what they do not have except for next season..

Okay, Melo didn't get passed the 2nd round last season because he had NO HELP!!!! The Pacers barely lost the champions Miami.. I am not giving up on this.. The Knicks need to make a smart move from now to the TDL. Depending on our record etc.. The management then needs to determine if they should start "rebuilding" or not.. and to me that would be a poor decision... UNLESS YOU GET GREAT ASSETS for OUR (PLAYER)S. (Melo)..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    This

and at your sig
    she 39 and still breaking necks.
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    The Bargnani trade makes me very sad. Lost a 1st rounder for a **** player.

vCash
    Exactly.. Too bad the management loves to give picks away like that..

vCash
    Novak was so valuable to our offense, that floor spacing and chemistry with JR was pivotal. When something is not broke you don't need to fix it!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast