Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What do you think of this 4 TEAM BLOCKBUSTER trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nyv6w9e

BOS
    HOU
    IND
    L.A.

Players involved: (L.A)gasol,nash,farmer (HOU)asik,lin, (IND)granger, - IND's 1st RD PICK goes to HOU (BOS)bass,lee,brooks,humphries,wallace, - BOS's 2nd RD pick goes to L.A
    Last edited by esb; 12-26-2013 at 07:23 AM.

vCash
    Who is shedding the draft picks?

I don't think i like the C's giving much more than 2nd round picks to shift around contracts...actually, C's might be receiving enough damaged goods (Nash + Granger) to warrant it. And Asik is solid.

vCash
    This trade is terrible and no team would do it other than the Celtics. They clearly win on this, its not even close.

Look at the Lakers roster - 90% of it is 1 year deals, the exceptions Nash and Kobe. Nash will be an expiring next season. The Lakers are trying to rebuild for next season and draw in another star or 2 to play along with Kobe for the next 2 years. They're not going to ruin that opportunity for Lin and Wallace, they provide no talent and terrible contracts.

I doubt the Pacers would have any interest. They're fine where they are right now #1. They're trading a better player for 2 lesser players. And they already have a deep team so adding 2 role players for a major scoring threat when healthy does not make sense for them.

Lastly Houston. They're looking for a small PF to put next to Howard. Gasol is not that. Gasol would be a half season rental as they can't afford to resign him next year. Why give up Lin and Asik for a half year rental back up Center? Makes zero sense.

I'd love the trade for us. But will never happen. Get it out of your head.

City of Champions

vCash

vCash
    Not sure lakers would take on Gerald Wallace's contract.... He has. 2 more years and Nash only 1 more year.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I kind of like Gasol-to-Houston and I would love to get Asik, but overall, I don't like the odds of this getting done. And there's no way the Lakers would accept Wallace's contract.
    "My bro DitchDat writes about the Celtics and the NBA over at http://www.randomandsome.com/ -- go check it out. Buckets!"