Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week #16: Philadelphia Eagles (9-6) @ Dallas Cowboys (8-7)

WEEK 16

December 29th
    8:25 PM EST

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES VS DALLAS COWBOYS

Sunday, December 29th, 8:25 PM EST NBC

Line: Dallas +7

TEAM STATS

PHILADELPHIA
    Eagles Full Stats
    2013 OVERALL NFL RANKINGS
    PASSING YDS 258.7 (9th) RUSHING YDS 161.9 (1st)
    OPP PASSING YDS 285.2 (30th) OPP RUSHING YDS 107.5 (12th)

DALLAS

Cowboys Full Stats
    2013 OVERALL NFL RANKINGS
    PASSING YDS 239.7 (14th) RUSHING YDS 96.5 (24th)
    OPP PASSING YDS 290.7 (31st) OPP RUSHING YDS 127.9 (27th)

INJURY REPORTS:

EAGLES
    PROBABLE: T L.Johnson, G E.Mathis, LB T.Cole, S K.Coleman, CB B.Boykin, LB M.Kendricks
    QUESTIONABLE: S E.Wolff
    DOUBTFUL:
    OUT: S C.Anderson, G J.Vandervelde

COWBOYS
    PROBABLE: WR D.Harris, DE J.Wynn, LB D.Holloman, WR D.Bryant, S J.Hamilton (he's on the roster?), DE G.Selvie, DT J.Hatcher, CB M.Claiborne
    QUESTIONABLE: De D.Ware
    DOUBTFUL: LB E.Sims
    OUT: QB TONY ROMO - YIKES!!! LB S.Lee
    Last edited by Fred; 12-28-2013 at 08:14 AM.

vCash
    Merry Christmas to all!

the storylines are plentiful

* Will tony play?
    * Regardless of the QB under center, will philly blitz, blitz, and blitz some more?
    * If no tony, will Orton play well enough?
    * If no Tony, will Murray be fed the ball frequently?
    * Will the Eagles stack the box to force Orton to beat them?
    * Will Garrett survive after a loss?
    * Will Jerry Jones EVER shut up?

Go Cowboys, I am not conceding anything. Tony OR Kyle can win this game

vCash
    Merry Christmas as well! On a side note, Fred, I am picturing Don LaFontaine (the Movie Trailer guy) saying those lines as though it were a movie lol.

I just have this feeling that what everyone says is right and that Romo won't play. Either way I didn't feel good about this game. Also, I don't think Orton will play that poorly. He was a starter at one point and this team has offensive weapons. I view Orton like I would Alex Smith, as a game manager. Plus this should finally force us to run the ball more. Let's hope for a post-Christmas miracle and "just win baby"!

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodFatherRo View Post
    Merry Christmas as well! On a side note, Fred, I am picturing Don LaFontaine (the Movie Trailer guy) saying those lines as though it were a movie lol.

I just have this feeling that what everyone says is right and that Romo won't play. Either way I didn't feel good about this game. Also, I don't think Orton will play that poorly. He was a starter at one point and this team has offensive weapons. I view Orton like I would Alex Smith, as a game manager. Plus this should finally force us to run the ball more. Let's hope for a post-Christmas miracle and "just win baby"!
    Your first comment made me chuckle

And while I agree that Orton should be the game manager with more runs, our running game of late has been successful in limited attempts because of the threat of passing...I fear that the eagles will stack the line and force orton to beat them....at least, that is what I would do from my couch...I would assume that all coaches that don't have "Dallas" in their title would think that as well....

vCash
    Merry Christmas

Love you all no matter how much we disagree and bicker.

And let's ****ing go cowboys!

vCash

Week #16: Philadelphia Eagles (9-6) @ Dallas Cowboys (8-7)

Merry Christmas and everyone be safe!

vCash
    Agreed. We're all cowboys fans, but we're people first. To all the cowboys forum, even those ive gotten in heated debates with, you know who are, have a blessed Christmas and I wish each and everyone of you joy and success in everything you do.

vCash
    Keys to the game:

1. Run, run, and run some more. The more we run, the more time goes off the clock, and the less time Foles and Co. are on the field.

2. Pressure Foles. If we don't get some pressure on him, I think the results will be disastrous for us.

3. Target Witten. Throw him the ball 12-18 times on Sunday night.

vCash
    Interesting stat I seen the other day, D Murray leads the league in broken 1st tackles or something like that. Even ahead of A. P. So I do believe the running game can carry us.. Advantages
    1- home team
    2- beat the Eagles already this year and played very well (some luck also) but know what we have to do.
    3- Murray is comfortable with zone blocking scheme and has looked like a BEAST. He looks like a guy that's ready to run over whomever is in his way.
    4- Orton has been there before. He's a veteran. Has lead the league in passing yards, people need to remember we have Dez, Witten, Williams, Austin, Beasley and D Murray. Great weapons for Kyle.
    5 - Eagles defense is ranked 30th and isn't that great. The vikings beat them with virtually no one. Key is get pressure on Foles.

I won't get into the negatives because we all know them, chances are still slim we win but there is a chance lol.
    Being from South jersey and so close to Philly I just WISHHH we can beat the Eagles to rub it in every Eagle fan I see for all the smack they've been talking this week. Lol
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 20 H-30 HR-9 RBI-25 BB-19SO-27AVG-.259 OBP-.377 SLG-.509

vCash
    Merry Christmas. Most signs point to an easy Eagles win and that is why I think we win. We always seam to lose games we should win and win games we should lose. To keep the drama and suspense in Dallas we will beat the Eagles and win a playoff game with Orton at QB.

vCash
    I can't see Romo playing. And if he does, and his does not have the same mobility and can not throw on the run whats the sense in starting him any way. They are the skills that define Romo. I don't think the Eagles will stack the box early. They will give their normal front a shot before they risk Dez getting the ball in space. He can make Orton look real good real fast if that happens. I see Dallas winning this game 27-23 no matter who plays. I think Harris will give them good field position all game which should make it easier to run. The Eagles only give up around 20 yards less a game then the Dallas defense does so they should be able to move the ball. Murray could dominate this game.

vCash
    im so irritated with this team. i hate it. To get in this position, and now be without our best defensive player, (lee) and now are best offensive player (romo) is beyond frustrating.

Not to mention, romo's injury to me seems like one that can be career lingering.

HOWEVER. this is a divisonal game, and we always seem to pull out the ones we arent suppose to win. i think we win it. claiborne, harris our both back. our line is playing really well, (offensive).

im not a big foles guy. i think we win it.

vCash
    Its funny cause I think the Eagles can go further then Dallas but I really think Dallas wins this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf:27678468
    Its funny cause I think the Eagles can go further then Dallas but I really think Dallas wins this game.
    Regardless of who wins this game that team will get demolished against San Francisco or New Orleans.
    Only reason I would like to make the playoffs is to shut all the Eagle fans up.
    Don't get me wrong, I want the boys to win it all as much as the next guy, but let's be real here. This team isn't healthy enough to make a run.
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 20 H-30 HR-9 RBI-25 BB-19SO-27AVG-.259 OBP-.377 SLG-.509

vCash
    Im not so sure about that. The Linc will be a complete madhouse and who knows what the weather will be like. I actually think the Eagles win their first playoff game if they win Sunday night then lose in the second round.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast