Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Your teams WTF move (or lack thereof)

OK.....I know most posters here love to applaud every move their team makes while poo pooing the enemy. Every player you add is a star and everyone you move is a bust. Lets reverse that for a moment. While there is still time in the off season for a big trade, most big names are off the table and you can get a sense of how your team is headed into training camp. mine is easy.

DETROIT TIGERS:

Trading Doug Fister for a couple B-rated pitching specs and a utility IF. Fister isn't an ace, but he is as good a #3/4 there is in baseball. What did the Tigers get? A young but low ceiling utility player in Lombardozzi. A lefty reliever in Krol and a B-Rated SP that isn't high on anyones radar. I have no beef with moving Fister, but I would like to think there would have been better offers on the table had he been actively shopped. Maybe he was, but this was the best they could do?

I also would have liked to have seen them make a qualifying offer to Infante, but I can live with that.

vCash
    Bourjos-plus-for-Freese has been our worst this season... which, given some of the other moves we've made in the past, isn't bad.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Nothing too ridiculous for Ned this off-season.

Not offering a contract to Ronald Belisario was probably a mistake. He was likely to make about $2 - $2.5 million in arbitration. He was signed by the White Sox for $3 million. He could have been traded as teams obviously value him.

Similar the Dodgers didn't pick up Mark Ellis' option. Ellis had an option that would have cost the Dodgers $4.75 million to pick up. They didn't and Ellis signed with the Cardinals for $5.25 million. Again, he could have been traded. Not to mention that the Dodgers could have used him as insurance for Alexander Guerrero.

That the Dodgers haven't, and don't appear inclined to, upgraded their bench or added a player who can play CF is also not a thing that I agree with.

Pretty minor things. The off-season's not over yet, though.

vCash
    Been a couple of years, but Theriot trade was moronic.

And last year, they signed Ty Wigginton to a two year deal.

This off-season has been very good.

vCash
    Not nearly upgrading the rotation enough. The only addition was Tim Hudson while overpaying Tim Lincecum and re-signing a -0.7 WAR 36-year old pitcher with diminished velocity. Also, not signing any depth for pitching or bench help.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Vernon Wells...need I say more?

vCash
    I like the moves the Mets made this offseason even if they overpaid Granderson. It was the only way they were going to get him because of their reputation in the FA market since the Madoff scandal.

Hopefully they sign Drew for 2-3 years/add a couple of veteran bullpen arms and call it a day.

If I wanted to go into previous offseasons, the list is too many lol.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-25-2013 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Not nearly upgrading the rotation enough. The only addition was Tim Hudson while overpaying Tim Lincecum and re-signing a -0.7 WAR 36-year old pitcher with diminished velocity. Also, not signing any depth for pitching or bench help.
    Really should of got Phil Hughes like I suggested a month ago.

vCash

Your teams WTF move (or lack thereof)

This was quite a while ago (you didn't specify if it had to be this offseason and I can't really think of any major wtf moves so far anyway)..

I wasn't on psd when this happened so idk how other dodger fans on here thought about it, but when the dodgers signed Andruw jones, I was very excited to see him play.. Then that season, he seriously put in his worst season of his career 3 HRs (2 were against former teammates if I remember correctly) and batting like .150 and didn't get much better from then on.. So the dodgers released him after the season.. Terrible waste of money..

The initial contract was ok (initially thought it was kinda high dollars but liked it was for low years..2) but andruws play throughout that season definitely made it a WTF move.. IMO it turned out to be one of the worst signings ever..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Soon it'll probably the Mariners overpaying the **** out of Nelson Cruz

vCash
    Not improving the bench.

The off-season has been good though. Re-signed Uribe, added Haren and got our bullpen together without overpaying.

vCash
    Keeping RAJ

vCash
    not signing a pitcher! besides the 39 year old kuroda

New York State of Mine

vCash
    Resigning Paul Konerko. But I think that was forced on Hahn. Other than that I really like the White Sox offseason so far. Adding Eaton, Davidson, Abreu, Belisario, Downs, Surkamp and Paulino while only losing Reed, Santiago and Morel so far is a very nice offseason for Hahn.

vCash
    Signing Rickie Weeks to a four-year $38.5 million extension two years ago. Ugh... You could also argue signing Kyle Lohse and losing a draft pick for an already weak farm system, but he has pitched very well thus far.
    Apologize

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast