Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Next head coach?

Simply put who would you like to see interviewed for our soon to be vacant head coaching position and who would you like to see as his coordinators?

vCash
    Jon Gruden

vCash
    Bill O'Brien
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Lovie Smith HC, Mike Martz OC (best show on turf), Greg Williams DC, Jim Washburn D-line coach.

The only coach I want to return are the Defensive coaches, but with Greg Williams the DC. Other HC options I would be Ok with the Shanahans coming in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cgreenhill View Post
    Lovie Smith HC, Mike Martz OC (best show on turf), Greg Williams DC, Jim Washburn D-line coach.

The only coach I want to return are the Defensive coaches, but with Greg Williams the DC. Other HC options I would be Ok with the Shanahans coming in.

I don't know how id feel about Lovie. I wouldn't be interested in Martz but I would Definately be interested in Gregg Williams as dc. But let's not kid ourselves I can't see Washburn returning.

What about Jay Gruden as our new HC, Gregg Williams as our dc and bring Schwartz back as a defensive assistant?

vCash
    I'm curious why Sean McDermott and Pete Carmichaels name haven't been linked or even discussed. 😲

vCash
    Names I'd be happy with:

Lovie Smith, Bill O'Brien, Ken Whisenhunt, Jay Gruden, Darrell Bevell, David Shaw, Mike Shanahan, Mike Zimmer, Ray Horton, Dan Quinn.

You'll notice I didn't say Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden. Unrealistic my friends.

I also named a lot of successful coordinators. I like those guys and think they'd bring a hungry attitude to Tennessee.

I doubt we stand a chance at O'Brien, Shaw or Smith. From there, my #1 choice would become Ken Whisenhunt. Always liked what he did at Arizona, they never got him a QB after Warner. I'd also be happy with Bevell, Horton or Quinn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    Names I'd be happy with:

Lovie Smith, Bill O'Brien, Ken Whisenhunt, Jay Gruden, Darrell Bevell, David Shaw, Mike Shanahan, Mike Zimmer, Ray Horton, Dan Quinn.

You'll notice I didn't say Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden. Unrealistic my friends.

I also named a lot of successful coordinators. I like those guys and think they'd bring a hungry attitude to Tennessee.

I doubt we stand a chance at O'Brien, Shaw or Smith. From there, my #1 choice would become Ken Whisenhunt. Always liked what he did at Arizona, they never got him a QB after Warner. I'd also be happy with Bevell, Horton or Quinn.
    Whiz seems just like the low key type of hire we all assume will occur. Also, let's assume he does get the gig.. How do we feel about starting the draft off with the big Louis nix followed by Tahj Boyd?
    Last edited by WVA_Titan; 12-28-2013 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    I think Munchak is going to be back. I don't like it, but I'm not FURIOUS.

It'd be great if he keeps Williams as DC. Wyatt thinks Loggains is a good coach. I really respect Wyatt's opinions. We did improve this year. The average score of our losses was 24-23. Much better than last seasons nightmare blowouts time and time again. Also, 7 of our 9 losses came vs teams with 10+ wins (Ind 2x, Arz, SF, Sea, KC & Den)..Rome wasn't built in a day.

The players also seem to love Munchak. That says a lot. Players didn't quit and they clearly respect him and enjoy his coaching. Now players aren't going to say they want their coach fired in public but they're really lobbying for him -- means they truly like him.

A healthy Locker would have made a difference. Now I know we can't bank on him being healthy all year next year, but he deserves another chance. We need to be better prepared. Fitzy needs to be cut and we need to bring in a better Qb either via the first 3 rounds of the draft or FA.

It's not the end of the world if Munch is back. I believe this team can be a 10-11 win team under him. More changes are needed though. We have holes to fill at DE, RT & LB (perhaps QB, S & RB too depending on Locker, Pollard & CJ) He also needs to fire Matthews as OL coach, and the LB and ST coaches as well.

vCash
    I also think Munchak will be back. If you look at the way this team played this season, it's hard to put a lot of those tight losses on the coaching staff. In fact, I'd put most of them on Fitzpatrick and his propensity for turning it over in the worst possible situations. With a healthy Locker all season long, this Titans team probably could have made the playoffs.

However, I'd like to see Williams made the full-time DC, and I think Munchak needs to be on a very short leash next season. The Titans also need to make a change at QB. I like Locker quite a bit, and it's unfortunate the way the last two seasons have played out for him, but he cannot be trusted to stay on the field for 16 games. I'd like to see the Titans draft a QB no later than the second round, and this is a deep QB class that could net the Titans a solid starter early in the second round.

As for the offense, I just don't know how to judge Loggains when the Titans played the bulk of the season with a backup QB. But I do think the offense looked miles better than a year ago. If Munchak is back, then Loggains should certainly be back as well. I'd like to see what this offense can do with one more year under these young playmakers' belts and a full year of an average starting QB.

vCash
    Lovie Smith does not feel right with this team. Jim Schwartz as a coordinators if Munchak not fired or as a replacement seem like a move this team make an keep Williams. or as coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinschamps View Post
    Lovie Smith does not feel right with this team. Jim Schwartz as a coordinators if Munchak not fired or as a replacement seem like a move this team make an keep Williams. or as coach
    Schwartz is a defensive guy. Adding him would likely mean Gray and Williams would be gone. Considering that the defense was arguably the strength of the team this season, I'm not sure that makes a whole lot of sense. The only way Schwartz would be brought in would be if Gray and/or Williams were moving on or if Munchak was fired and the new head coach wanted Schwartz as his DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Schwartz is a defensive guy. Adding him would likely mean Gray and Williams would be gone. Considering that the defense was arguably the strength of the team this season, I'm not sure that makes a whole lot of sense. The only way Schwartz would be brought in would be if Gray and/or Williams were moving on or if Munchak was fired and the new head coach wanted Schwartz as his DC.
    Schwartz could return to Tennessee as our head coach and retain Williams as his dc. Unlikely but possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVA_Titan View Post
    Schwartz could return to Tennessee as our head coach and retain Williams as his dc. Unlikely but possible.
    why would we hire him? he just failed miserably in Detroit
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    why would we hire him? he just failed miserably in Detroit
    It was said that the only way he'd come back is as defensive coordinator, I was simply stating he could come back at a head coach due to his history and past success with us. Personally I wouldn't say he failed miserably solely based on going from 0-16 the year before he was hired to a 10-6 team two years later. He isn't the next belichik but he hardly is a scrub.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast