Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Knicks' division to lose with everyone else tanking.

Boston was supposed to be tanking this year and even many fans are mad that they're doing so well (well, still a losing record but well in the sens that they'd be IN the playoffs).

76'ers are tanking. That's why Holiday was shipped out. That's why Turner is gonna be shipped out.

Toronto...they want to tank but now that they're winning, they still want to tank but with some doubt.

""#Nets exec told group of ticket holders Monday that team could be "sellers" in trades, will wait till closer to trade deadline to decide""

So, Nets seem as if they're gonna give up if they continue this way. They'll sell on Deron and get what they can for Garnett, Pierce, and some of their bench guys. These guys were the "only" competition for the Knicks.

Do you foresee a scenario in which the Knicks do NOT get to the playoffs with this as their competition?

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Knicks and Nets are a disgrace. Neither of them deserve a playoff spot.

If you would have told me before the season that over 1/4 way into the season, the Knicks and Nets would need to double their wins just to get to .500 I would have laughed in your face. No defense-playing, ball-hogging, no-accountablity-having losers should not make the playoffs. I pray that by some miracle Toronto reconsiders tanking.

vCash
    Knicks and Nets have surely been disappointments.

With the Knicks, I feel its been the coaching. When you're players aren't performing (JR Smith, Shumpert, Bargs sometimes, Metta, etc), you alter things. You don't continue to start them and letting them put up over 16 shots a game (JR smith). Plus, the Knicks play super slow and reliant on outside shooting/ISO plays. That's not the players, that's thee coach.

With the Nets...its just an overrated roster. Kind of like the Lakers roster last year. Bad coach (not that Kidd is bad...just that he's not ready, I think). Garnett got worse. Pierce, who has been pretty good the past few years, got a lot worse. Deron hasn't been great/star-like since Sloan. His time with the Nets has been a disappointment. Brook was their only legit guy and look what happened. Used to be brittle but lasted a whole year without injury but look what happened now.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Toronto's not tanking. The only reason to think that is if you believe Rudy Gay is a winner, which he is not. In a single year they managed to move two of the most untradeable contracts in the NBA, and get pieces and picks in return. They're doing pretty well considering what they had to work with.

On Boston, Knicks4Life posted a nice graphic of the Nets picks for the next 4 years, and basically Boston either gets their pick, or has the right to swap picks. So with the Nets doing so poorly the Celtics have NO reason to tank. Brad Stevens is coaching the he!! out of that team, and playing near optimal lineups considering the players he has.

vCash
    I don't even care if this Knicks team gets in the playoffs as crazy as that sounds.

I don't like watching this team play, I don't like the make up of the team, or there inability to remember everything that made them good last year.

Lasts years team I really enjoyed watching, they moved the ball, played defense, took a limited amount of bad shots, always seemed to find the open man, there defensive rotations were beautiful. The lack of Amare was beautiful. It's amazing just how much all those vets we lost, had brought to the team. I never imagined it was that big of a difference. And now I know exactly why we had all those vets. Because this tea couldn't keep it together without them.

But this current team, F em, trade em all, rebuild with young guys, Ive been over this free agency game since the zeke years, I want to develop our own guys, that includes shipping melo away.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    Unless they give up the raptors will win this division with the Knicks second.

vCash
    Pretty sure the Sixers are the only team who've done anything that could be called tanking. Sucking isn't the same thing. All four other teams have been trying to win and improve.

vCash
    With the Knicks nothing is a given! I've learned that over the years.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    And I highly doubt the Nets giving up. They traded 3 picks ('14, '16, '18) to the Celtics. You cant tank when u have no picks.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Dumb thread .
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    This division is the Raptors to lose. Let's be real here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    This division is the Raptors to lose. Let's be real here
    LOL okay. Theres more than 50 games left to be played in the season for crying out loud. The Knicks and Nets are both 2.5 games out of the 4 seed. Let's calm down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    Knicks and Nets have surely been disappointments.

With the Knicks, I feel its been the coaching. When you're players aren't performing (JR Smith, Shumpert, Bargs sometimes, Metta, etc), you alter things. You don't continue to start them and letting them put up over 16 shots a game (JR smith). Plus, the Knicks play super slow and reliant on outside shooting/ISO plays. That's not the players, that's thee coach.

With the Nets...its just an overrated roster. Kind of like the Lakers roster last year. Bad coach (not that Kidd is bad...just that he's not ready, I think). Garnett got worse. Pierce, who has been pretty good the past few years, got a lot worse. Deron hasn't been great/star-like since Sloan. His time with the Nets has been a disappointment. Brook was their only legit guy and look what happened. Used to be brittle but lasted a whole year without injury but look what happened now.
    The Lakers despite their injuries still managed to win 45 games in a brutal western conference.

vCash
    Nets are not tanking with no 1st round picks until 2019 I believe.

vCash
    Knicks need to steal Lowry. Simultaneously downgrade tor and upgrade nyk. Now that Chandler is back the Knicks will get back in the hunt.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast