Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Schwartz watch

vCash

Schwartz watch

I figured this deserves it's own thread. Any links, reports, interviews can be posted here.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 27 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-replace-him/

If Lions fire Jim Schwartz, Ken Whisenhunt may replace him

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 24, 2013, 12:29 PM EST

AP
    It may be premature to talk about the next head coach of the Detroit Lions, considering that the current head coach, Jim Schwartz, has not been fired. But with Schwartz widely regarded to be on the firing line after Detroit’s meltdown over the last six weeks, one name is emerging as an early favorite to succeed Schwartz: Ken Whisenhunt.

Both the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press have stories today suggesting not only that Whisenhunt could be the next coach, but even that the Lions may have already reached out to Whisenhunt, the former Cardinals head coach and current Chargers offensive coordinator.

Whisenhunt would make sense on a lot of levels: He’s well regarded as a coach who can get the most out of his passing offense, which the Lions need, considering that Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson will take up a huge portion of their salary cap for years to come. He’s an experienced NFL head coach who took the Cardinals to their first Super Bowl, so perhaps he could take the Lions to their first Super Bowl, too. And he was a teammate of Lions General Manager Martin Mayhew for two seasons in Washington, so there may be a level of familiarity there.

The Texans are also believed to be interested in interviewing Whisenhunt for their head-coaching vacancy, and as more jobs open up, Whisenhunt may have multiple offers. He’s going to be one of the hottest candidates when the NFL coaching feeding frenzy begins in six days.

Permalink 42 Comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Top Stories

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 27 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I posted that on the head coach thread, pretty interesting if they already reached out to him. He'll help stafford for damn sure. Look what he did for rivers. I still want them to interview a few more though.

vCash
    What if the Lions don't fire Schwartz?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash

Schwartz watch

Rivers lol wow I can't believe people think Philip Rivers is better because of whisenhunt his stats are what they are he an stafford are what they are and that's Bret Farves children they sling the football
    Last edited by kingwood313; 12-24-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    The we can expect another year of ****! Nothing we can do. However, I just can't see how he stays after this callapse if mayhew wanted to fire him even last year. He's done!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    Rivers lol wow
    Bro he's a really good qb man. He was down last couple years and look what wisenhunt did to him. He's too 4 qb in the nfl at this moment IMO. He would make stafford elite next year. Now was he my first option?no. But he is am offensive minded coach and a qb's coach similar to Andy Reid. I wouldn't mind seeing him come here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I'll completely lose faith in the organization. The Ford family has no idea what it takes to be successful.

Rivers lol wow I can't believe people think Philip Rivers is better because of whisenhunt his stats are what they are he an stafford are what they are and that's Bret Farves children they sling the football
    Rivers is playing damn well this season. Stafford can be one hell of a QB with someone like Whisenhunt
    Last edited by Deception; 12-24-2013 at 05:02 PM.

vCash

Schwartz watch

Ok but people saying quarterback coach but Scott Linehan is a former quarterback coach. Bill Belichek was a WR coach for Detroit in the 70"s and their WRs still suck

vCash

vCash
    Well that is true to an extent. It's pretty clear that Rivers is playing better than he did last year and the previous year. He's also doing more with less talent than he's ever had. Is he actually better than he used to be? Of course not, he is just playing better.

Rushing: 48 Carries,152 Yards, 1 TD
    Receiving: 9 Catch, 73 Yards, 0 TD
    Fumbles: 2....

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    Ok but people saying quarterback coach but Scott Linehan is a former quarterback coach. Bill Belichek was a WR coach for Detroit in the 70"s and their WRs still suck
    Well when I say that I don't mean that every qb coach is great therefore wisenhunt will make stafford the number 1 qb in the nfl next year. Maybe BB just sucked as WR coach but makes a great head coach! Wisenhunt has proved that if you give him a quaterback with the tool set, he can make them prosper! Schwartz was just a defensive minded coach who started coaching at 23 as a defensive assistant in college. He never worked on the offensive side. Stafford doesn't need a complete mechanical overhaul. He just needs some tweaks with his rear foot and he'll come in his own. Like I said, I don't know if he's the guy, I just BELIEVE he would make this offense almost what Denver's is.

vCash

Schwartz watch

Dec 30th is the day to see what happens

vCash
    Dec 30th is the day to see what happens
    We'll see.

vCash

Schwartz watch

Stafford won't get much better lol he is who he is. but as far as comparing San Diego vs Detroit I rather have San Diego Wr corp over ours they spread the ball way better than we do

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast