Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Vontae Davis ridiculous stats

Don't think you guys realize how good Vontae has been this year. IMO he's an absolutely must sign CB. His issue is obviously allowing big plays, but I think his body of work this year has been impressive:

Vontae Davis has the second-best coverage grade from @PFF and the fourth-best overall among cornerbacks.
    https://twitter.com/ColtsAuth_Kyle/s...52862203518976

Inconsistent Vontae Davis: Has the highest coverage grade among CBs this year (Pro Football Focus) Has allowed the most TDs among CBs (8)
    https://twitter.com/Colts_Comments/s...74583163314176
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    yup not surprising.

The last two games, even though they've been somewhat mediocre offenses, I think one of the reasons we didn't see any "big" plays is cause of Antoine Bethea...I've been on his *** all year cause of his poor play but he's been playing like the top safety everyone thought he was coming into the season.

Getting Toler back should help the cause...

#iubb

vCash
    Vontae is certainly one of the more talented CBs in the league. We've seen nice plays from him this season and we've seen some really ugly plays (a few may have been from poor safety play). Bottom line is that he is not yet playing as consistently (good) as the top corners in the league. Should the Colts re-sign him? Absolutely!

vCash
    Franchise tag should be used on him if a long deal isn't worked out by the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    yup not surprising.

The last two games, even though they've been somewhat mediocre offenses, I think one of the reasons we didn't see any "big" plays is cause of Antoine Bethea...I've been on his *** all year cause of his poor play but he's been playing like the top safety everyone thought he was coming into the season.
    Getting Toler back should help the cause...
    I didn't think he was a good fit at FS during the Off Season...anyone is welcome to go back and see my posts regarding it and have called out exactly this during the season. Great guy but only as a nickle Safety next year, imo.

Davis is a must sign....he is coming into his prime and has games where he shows flashes of being aa true lock down CB...just needs more consistency.
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Bethea is one of the best safeties in the league. We need alot of things but to replace him isnt one of them.

Lucks on our side

vCash

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-best-safeties

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?pos=S

No one is saying he is a top Safety other than you. Though many of us like him as a player but not as the true centerfielder this defense needs. He would be better served at SS and at what he gets paid it is doubtful he will be offered that to return as the team's full time FS next year? While he has played much better as of late many of the long TD's given up this season were on him for failing to provide over the top pass protection needed in this defense. The casual fan blames the Corners....

vCash
    Anyway, I didn't mean to derail the thread, my apologies...