Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 World Junior Championships

Starts boxing day, like every year. I missed most of last year's as I was out of the country so I'm extra stoked for this year. Not sure how I'm feeling about Team Canada's roster. Has two Red Wing prospects for the first time in forever though, so that's something I'll be paying attention to.

Sweden looks strong.

vCash
    Filip Forsberg has been loaned to Sweden. They may be the favourites right now.

vCash
    I see Sweeden winning it all. Id probably rank it Sweden, USA then Canada. Like you, I dont really know how I feel about Canadas roster.

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    The two kids I'm watching closely in this tourney are both 2015 draft eligible. From Team Canada it'll be Connor McDavid who was granted Exceptional Player status and projected #1 Overall Pick for 2015. The other is Jack Eichel from Team USA. Eichel has been a point per game player at almost every level. He's committed to BU next year and some think he could be right behind McDavid at #2 for the 2015 draft.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Still disappointed that Canada didnt invite Max Domi. They dont appear to be an offensive juggernaut yet anyway, I think they could have used him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Still disappointed that Canada didnt invite Max Domi. They dont appear to be an offensive juggernaut yet anyway, I think they could have used him.
    Completely forgot about Domi !!

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    The two kids I'm watching closely in this tourney are both 2015 draft eligible. From Team Canada it'll be Connor McDavid who was granted Exceptional Player status and projected #1 Overall Pick for 2015. The other is Jack Eichel from Team USA. Eichel has been a point per game player at almost every level. He's committed to BU next year and some think he could be right behind McDavid at #2 for the 2015 draft.
    Eichel is an easy 2nd pick. kids got insane skill.

vCash
    Anyone know anything about Rasmus Andersson for Sweden ?? projected top 5 pick , ive been trying to find information and I cant remember if he made team Sweden or not
    Last edited by jon32; 12-25-2013 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    If Drouin gets into one of his grooves then Canada will be one of the, if not the toughest out in the tourney. That kid is unreal skilled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Jonathan Drouin is better offensively, but I think he's coming off a concussion. Anthony Mantha, a Red Wings prospect has been posting crazy statistics in the Q. His numbers are actually superior to both of them if I'm not mistaken.

Team Canada seems very gritty. I just don't see a gold medal team.

Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Anyone know anything about Rasmus Andersson for Sweden ?? projected top 5 pick , ive been trying to find information and I cant remember if he made team Sweden or not
    If I'm not mistaken, he made Team Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    If Drouin gets into one of his grooves then Canada will be one of the, if not the toughest out in the tourney. That kid is unreal skilled.
    Jonathan Drouin is probably the best player in the tournament. He needs to play at a superstar level, though. Canada on paper is always on the best. Sweden however has all the tools to win it this year.

vCash
    I hope mcdavid has a huge tourney. Thatd be neat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Yes he did. He compares a lot to Doughty. Right handed offensive first D but very positional sound and great on rushes. Not the greatest with his body but in every other facet of the game he is pretty superb. Excellent skater as well. Ive watched him when I was watching Kim Rosdahl play on Malmo with him, and really the best comparable player is Doughty imo. But for pretty much any skater in the 2015 (besides maybe C-Mc) draft is too far away to make comparisons/judgements this season isnt even over yet.

As Bran will tell you you can ask me about pretty much any prospect and ill dig you up something, so if you have a question ask.

vCash
    Mantha with the hat trick.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Anthony Mantha... Holy *** I am jealous of the Red Wings

vCash
    Mantha just keeps on going. I can't remember the last prospect we've had with this much potential (I don't count Datsyuk or Zetterberg because they pretty much came out of nowhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast