Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Post Bucks turning down offers for Sanders *Update* 2/7/14

Perhaps no NBA player is as available as Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders.

The Bucks are beginning to really like their young core of big men. While Sanders is in that group, the Bucks feel he can bring something decent in return, and they don't really want to move anyone else.

Second-year power forward John Henson has played especially well since Sanders went down with a thumb injury suffered in a bar fight in early November.

The Bucks are just fine with taking their lumps and getting a high lottery pick in June. General manager John Hammond and new coach Larry Drew are both high on a rotation that includes Henson, O.J. Mayo, Ersan Ilyasova, Brandon Knight, and Khris Middleton, as well as rookies Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Miroslav Raduljica and Nate Wolters.

Add a college star such as Kansas' Andrew Wiggins, Duke's Jabari Parker or Kentucky's Julius Randle to that mix and you could be on your way.

Anyway, back to Sanders.

The Bucks like him and aren't in a rush to move him. He's 6-foot-11 and a talented shot-blocker. But the consensus among league executives is the Bucks would move Sanders if calls were placed -- especially if a draft pick of some sort was involved.

For now, Sanders remains with the Bucks. He has been cleared for basketball activities, but the team has yet to give a return date or even a rough estimate. And maybe there's a reason for that.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...s-trade-122313

Kinda dumb shopping him now. Be pennies on the dollar. Barely played this season. Few games he did play was nervous and trying to hard cause of new contract. Also take it for what its worth coming from Amico. He's just as bad as Woelfel. Throwing stuff out there hoping it stick.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 02-07-2014 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    Let's trade Sanders when Ilyasova is a sitting duck on the team. Brilliant call by another buffoon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly:27671044
    Let's trade Sanders when Ilyasova is a sitting duck on the team. Brilliant call by another buffoon.
    Wonder if we could ship them both out for a big like 12/14 mil per yr player with just the rest of this season plus next on theyre contract plus a decent first round pick. Maybe we could get boozer n the bulls first? I think boozers only got 1n a half yrs left could be wrong tho. Also gives the bulls a pf thats cheaper than booz but can put up same production wise. Plus they can decide whether to keep noah or sander and than trade one of them for a sg? Idk just an idea

Edit: the bulls might have the bobcats pick this yr depending on where they finish, so maybe that means the bulls would be more likely to move their pick?
    Last edited by ROY 2 MVP Braun; 12-24-2013 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    We need an unprotected pick. I think you look at Atlanta or Denver who own BKN and NYK's picks. The one hurdle that would have to be crossed would be if we got the BKN pick. Part of the deal was to swap picks. Larry really needs to hurry up and play good to maximize potential return if we deal him at the deadline. I do feel it is more realistic that he is dealt in the off season.

Also, if we trade Larry would Randle or Embid come into play potentially? With Larry, I just cant see taking Embid or Randle as there is no place for them.

http://www.tankathon.com/

vCash
    I think with a guy like sanders, you're probably gonna have to take on a bad contract in return.

Celtics have some bad money and two first rounders, so they could be a good option.

Mayo, Ersan, and Sanders for Wallace, lee, Bogans and 2 firsts?

Deal would make the Celtics much better. Bucks take on tons of bad money but could survive for two years because of the rebuild.

I can see them being a team interested in Sanders.

vCash
    This made me laugh when I saw this. Thankfully for us he doesn't have a clue when he talks about the Bucks.

It just amazes me how short sighted some people are. Last year the guy could do no wrong, now he gets in one bar fight and gets hurt now we should trade him? lol

How about this, how about we play Henson and Sanders together first before we start shopping. Here's another thing how about trading that milker Ersan Illyasova first, you know the guy that's as consistent as ...something that isn't consistent. lol

Oh and btw guys, hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Happy Holidays everyone! I had a great Christmas eve other then my car blew a head gasket. Bad thing was I had the car in the shop 4 weeks ago and spent $540. Could of kept that if I knew the car would crap out. So my bro had to pick me up. Then my gift to my nephew was a Atari 2600 flashback console with 64 games built in. That didn't work. But on the way home when they dropped me off we stopped at Walmart in Mukwonago to spend our gift cards. Then I exchanged his broken Atari for a new one. Hope it worked this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    How about this, how about we play Henson and Sanders together first before we start shopping. Here's another thing how about trading that milker Ersan Illyasova first, you know the guy that's as consistent as ...something that isn't consistent. lol
    WE AGREE ON SOMETHING !!!!!

I see no reason to trade Sanders at all, anyone that does is just a busybody. We're pretty well set down low for awhile with the exception of these two pikers Illy and Udoh...maybe depth would be nice.

I think Hammond committed theft on the Detroit GM for Knight and Middleton...sure they may never pan out to be perennial All-stars but the flashes they show give us some hope in a few years they just may be good-great.

Good riddance, Brandon Jennings.

vCash
    The Rumor: According to Sam Amico of Fox Sports, "Perhaps no NBA player is as available as Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders."

The Verdict: Sell

While I'm not ready to rule out the possibility that the Bucks are shopping Sanders, particularly after his bar fight incident earlier this season, I still believe that it would take a pretty penny to pry him out of Milwaukee.

After all, there is a reason why the Bucks extended Sanders this offseason on a four-year deal worth $44 million. He's a valuable asset, and the Bucks had to feel that they were getting a value on him below the market price, otherwise offering him an extension would make very little sense.

While it's true that the Bucks have some frontcourt talent and could easily roll with John Henson and Zaza Pachulia at the 5, it would seem foolish to move Sanders now while his stock is so low.

It was just last season that Sanders was being hailed as one of the best defenders in all of basketball, so why wouldn't Milwaukee at least let him re-establish his value before selling him off for pennies on the dollar? If his presence is that toxic, why sign him in the first place?

The Bucks could move Sanders at this point, but it's hard to imagine that he's as available as, say, Omer Asik is. It doesn't seem like there should be a big rush to deal him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ng-2014/page/3

Bleacher report just throws out the old rumor of Sanders from Amico. I wouldn't trade Sanders unless we got a top 6-8 pick this draft. But his value right now isn't that, so better off keeping him.

vCash
    If this were to happen, which I highly doubt would ever happen, it would be such a PR move for the Bucks, it would be a disaster.

vCash
    Id say keep him but really tell him any negative pr stuff hes gone...and make him get out there publicly to improve his image

vCash
    He doesn't really have a negative image though lol.

vCash
    BTW I just watch movie43, horrible movie but LARRY SANDERS is in it, so I loved it. lol.

vCash
    The Milwaukee Bucks are reportedly looking to shop center Larry Sanders, who just signed a four-year, $44 million deal extension last summer, a source close to situation reported this week.

Fox Sports Ohio NBA insider Sam Amico reported that the Bucks are open to trading Sanders, believing they can get a decent compensation by shopping away the 6-foot-11 defensive-oriented player. The NBA insider stressed the Bucks are taking the trade situation patiently as they wait for Sanders to return from a thumb injury.

"Milwaukee isn't rushing to move him, according to Amico, but executives around the league believe the Bucks would be willing to send him out if they received the right offer, which may be centered on draft considerations," the report stated.

However, Racine Journal Times writer Gery Woelfel believed a Sanders trade is not imminent because the center has yet to prove himself worthy of a big paycheck this season.

"Such an offer might not be forthcoming, since an executive recently indicated to Gery Woelfel of the Racine Journal Times that teams around the league aren't too high on Sanders right now," according to the report.

Another stumbling block for the trade to happen is the "poison pill provision" on Sanders' extension contract. For a team to get Sanders, the ballclub has to absorb not only the $3.053 million salary Sanders is entitled this season, but the average of his current paycheck and the annual average of the extension deal, which amounts to $7.027 million.

"That figure is the average between Sanders' 2013/14 salary and the average annual value of his extension. So, any trade would have to include additional salary going out on both sides, or a third team," the site added.

Sanders had a breakout year last season as he averaged 9.8 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2.8 blocks per game for the Bucks. Playing under a new head coach this season, Sanders' numbers dropped dramatically, producing just 4.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2 blocks per outing.
    http://www.latinopost.com/articles/2...dline-2014.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change:27717298
    He doesn't really have a negative image though lol.
    I don't care about the bar fight that much but the puppy thing is pretty bad.

He has a pretty bad image to me, I loved him before all this.

His on the court antics of fouling out and giving the refs a hard time are getting old too.

Just shut up and play ball. If your going to do stupid stuff stay in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast