Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: After the 2013 Season is done, and Free Agency begins, Nicks is...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...Going to sign back with the Giants

    7 46.67%
  • ...Walk away and sign with another team

    8 53.33%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 179
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500

    Question The Hakeem Nicks Situation

    There's something I gotta get off my chest: I'm a big fan of Nicks, and lately, I've been suspicious with the number of targets that's he has been getting from his quarterback. It's just a hunch, but I feel like there's some bad blood going on between Eli and Hakeem behind closed doors, because their connection hasn't been on point at all this season. If I recall, Nicks has missed only one game this season, the home game against the Cowboys, but regarding of that, it seems to be that Nicks had a lot more looks going his way last year, then he has all this year:

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...6/hakeem-nicks

    His stats this year looks better than his stats last year, but if you compare the targets from this year to last year, you notice that in the 14 games he's played this year, he only had 98 targets going his way. In just 13 games last year, Hakeem had 100 targets going his way. But forget that, Hakeem played in 15 games in 2011 and had 133 targets going his way, a number that shines when you consider how big of a year Cruz had in 2011.

    There hasn't been any injury problems this year, and I know Nicks had some beef going on with the Giants FO ever since they signed Cruz to a big contract, so maybe Nicks has been rebelling by not giving his all this season, but the fact that Nicks is having an unproductive year during a contract year is unbelievable. I think there's so much bad blood between Nicks and the Giants that I see Nicks walking next year, but to watch Nick's career with the Giants end like this would so unfair and messed up.

    With that all summed up, do you guys have any presumption on why our Hakeem "Big Hands" Nicks has had an awful year this season? And what do you see Nicks doing after the 2013 Season is over?
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,209
    vCash
    1500
    Lingering minor injuries and generally more coverage attention than anyone else are the major contributors, along with having the most WR talent any Giants team has ever had.

    I don't think theres anything negative between Eli and Nicks. You could see the frustration in Eli's eyes after they missed on the wheel route this past week on what would've been Nicks' first touchdown, presumably because of him badly wanting to get Nicks a TD.

    I don't know whats going to happen nor do I really care at this point. I very much do hope he's back, but my hopes aren't high that he will be.

    You guys are reading too much into stats. Toomer had a 0 touchdown season in our ****** 04 campaign. Theres no reason to overreact to this just because he doesn't have a TD, TDs just happen and it wasn't his year.

    He still draws the best corner and/or a lower corner with safety help and even the best corner and safety help. That says all that it needs to, because NFL teams know better than anyone here.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Lingering minor injuries and generally more coverage attention than anyone else are the major contributors, along with having the most WR talent any Giants team has ever had.

    I don't think theres anything negative between Eli and Nicks. You could see the frustration in Eli's eyes after they missed on the wheel route this past week on what would've been Nicks' first touchdown, presumably because of him badly wanting to get Nicks a TD.

    I don't know whats going to happen nor do I really care at this point. I very much do hope he's back, but my hopes aren't high that he will be.

    You guys are reading too much into stats. Toomer had a 0 touchdown season in our ****** 04 campaign. Theres no reason to overreact to this just because he doesn't have a TD, TDs just happen and it wasn't his year.

    He still draws the best corner and/or a lower corner with safety help and even the best corner and safety help. That says all that it needs to, because NFL teams know better than anyone here.
    Bs excuses, he's let up on a ton of passes and has been out physical every week.. Which was always one if his better strengths.. He's having a terrible year, it's that simple..

    He's as good as gone..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    He's as good as gone..
    Depends on his price.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,209
    vCash
    1500
    No they're not excuses, I have no reason to make excuses for any Giants. I'm not partial to players, I'm partial to the team. The team needs him. No he's not having a terrible year, he's just not lived up to whats come to be expected of him. No you don't have a clue if he's as good as gone, thats speculation, just like my speculation about lingering injuries.

    And I'm not one to care for stats, but if people want to bring up his production numbers, do me a favor and go look at his # of targets this year. I bet they're much lower than they've been in years past. Then take that number and number of catches and I'd be willing to bet his percent completion when targeted is around the same as years past and still comparable to top receivers in this game.

    He's still a good player and whatever team he's on next year will be a better one because of it.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    No they're not excuses, I have no reason to make excuses for any Giants. I'm not partial to players, I'm partial to the team. The team needs him. No he's not having a terrible year, he's just not lived up to whats come to be expected of him. No you don't have a clue if he's as good as gone, thats speculation, just like my speculation about lingering injuries.

    And I'm not one to care for stats, but if people want to bring up his production numbers, do me a favor and go look at his # of targets this year. I bet they're much lower than they've been in years past. Then take that number and number of catches and I'd be willing to bet his percent completion when targeted is around the same as years past and still comparable to top receivers in this game.

    He's still a good player and whatever team he's on next year will be a better one because of it.
    Yea yea.. Doesn't have a fn td catch, let's up on passes and is letting DB's push him around..

    But yea he's great, just like Eli who you claim is having a great year considering the circumstances meanwhile he leads the league in INT's..

    What a bunch of crap dude, they both suck *** this year along with the o line.. Nobody is playing good they're all playing like ****..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    No they're not excuses, I have no reason to make excuses for any Giants. I'm not partial to players, I'm partial to the team. The team needs him. No he's not having a terrible year, he's just not lived up to whats come to be expected of him. No you don't have a clue if he's as good as gone, thats speculation, just like my speculation about lingering injuries.

    And I'm not one to care for stats, but if people want to bring up his production numbers, do me a favor and go look at his # of targets this year. I bet they're much lower than they've been in years past. Then take that number and number of catches and I'd be willing to bet his percent completion when targeted is around the same as years past and still comparable to top receivers in this game.

    He's still a good player and whatever team he's on next year will be a better one because of it.
    How about the fact that opposing teams STILL put their best CB on him and keep a safety over the top?

    1. Opens up room for Cruz
    2. Opens up room for Randle


    We need a big #1 WR and we have one. Gotta keep him.

    I don't understand how anyone can watch this ****** oline give less than 3 seconds to Eli on damn near every play, destyroying any hope for rhythm the few times he DOES have time and think Eli is playing poorly on his own.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,929
    vCash
    1500
    I think Nicks has been Nicked up(no pun intended) all year long. I think he's very injury prone....I think he's afraid to go across the middle anymore.....he's not running his routes all the way through...I think he's afraid to take a hit.

    His speed has slowed down considerably as a result from mentioned above. I'd rather go with another FA wr like Kenny Britt.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How about the fact that opposing teams STILL put their best CB on him and keep a safety over the top?

    1. Opens up room for Cruz
    2. Opens up room for Randle


    We need a big #1 WR and we have one. Gotta keep him.

    I don't understand how anyone can watch this ****** oline give less than 3 seconds to Eli on damn near every play, destyroying any hope for rhythm the few times he DOES have time and think Eli is playing poorly on his own.
    That's impossible, especially the bold statement. Teams this year have taken special notice to Cruz this year and have continued to double, even triple team Cruz. I have rarely seen Cruz on a one-on-one matchup this season without safety help. Nicks and Randle, however, have gotten one-on-one looks, especially Nicks. It's no surprise Randle was getting single-coverage looks, but Nicks has been getting those single looks as well. Cruz has been the only WR this year to play consistently each game, but the fact that his numbers are low this season is because the opposing secondaries have started to pay more attention to Cruz than to Nicks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I think Nicks has been Nicked up(no pun intended) all year long. I think he's very injury prone....I think he's afraid to go across the middle anymore.....he's not running his routes all the way through...I think he's afraid to take a hit.

    His speed has slowed down considerably as a result from mentioned above. I'd rather go with another FA wr like Kenny Britt.
    Kenny Britt has too much baggage, and is more injury prone than Hakeem Nicks. Yea, I was wrong once to think that Britt would be better than Nicks, the Giants were smart to select Nicks over Britt and they still would be to take Nicks over Britt in free agency.
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 12-26-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How about the fact that opposing teams STILL put their best CB on him and keep a safety over the top?

    1. Opens up room for Cruz
    2. Opens up room for Randle


    We need a big #1 WR and we have one. Gotta keep him.

    I don't understand how anyone can watch this ****** oline give less than 3 seconds to Eli on damn near every play, destyroying any hope for rhythm the few times he DOES have time and think Eli is playing poorly on his own.
    G your very wrong, teams are not bracketing Nicks at all.. For the most part he's been covered with 1 guy all season.. Cruz was seeing more coverage then anyone

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    That's impossible, especially the bold statement. Teams this year have taken special notice to Cruz this year and have continued to double, even triple team Cruz. I have rarely seen Cruz on a one-on-one matchup this season without safety help. Nicks and Randle, however, have gotten one-on-one looks, especially Nicks. It's no surprise Randle was getting single-coverage looks, but Nicks has been getting those single looks as well. Cruz has been the only WR this year to play consistently each game, but the fact that his numbers are low this season is because the opposing secondaries have started to pay more attention to Cruz than to Nicks.



    Kenny Britt has too much baggage, and is more injury prone than Hakeem Nicks. Yea, I was wrong once to think that Britt would be better than Nicks, the Giants were smart to select Nicks over Britt and they still would be to take Nicks over Britt in free agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    G your very wrong, teams are not bracketing Nicks at all.. For the most part he's been covered with 1 guy all season.. Cruz was seeing more coverage then anyone
    Anybody watch the Seattle game? Sherman on Nicks all day with safety help. He still draws the top CB on each team.

    I won't deny that he's had a ****** year, but if he goes, then what? Who's gonna be the big man there to allow Cruz to continue to work in the slot? There's no other big X receivers in FA and we all know how long we'll wait for a draft pick to pan out, that's assuming there is one that will be good enough.

    Because we've all seen this front office and you know damn well if Nicks walks, next year's starting WRs will be Randle and Cruz with Jernigan in the slot or some cheap scrub.

    I still think Nicks can be great and I think this poor year only helped us keep him on a lower price.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Anybody watch the Seattle game? Sherman on Nicks all day with safety help. He still draws the top CB on each team.

    I won't deny that he's had a ****** year, but if he goes, then what? Who's gonna be the big man there to allow Cruz to continue to work in the slot? There's no other big X receivers in FA and we all know how long we'll wait for a draft pick to pan out, that's assuming there is one that will be good enough.

    Because we've all seen this front office and you know damn well if Nicks walks, next year's starting WRs will be Randle and Cruz with Jernigan in the slot or some cheap scrub.

    I still think Nicks can be great and I think this poor year only helped us keep him on a lower price.
    He hasn't played like a x for 2 years and of course I watched the game I was there. He doesn't draw any kind of special attention, I'm sorry but I'm really down on him, he's playing like dog **** and even worse he's playing like he doesn't give a ****.. I'm disgusted with his play this season, everything I use to love about the guy he doesn't do anymore.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,386
    vCash
    1500
    Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton) tweeted at 2:00 PM on Fri, Dec 27, 2013:

    Hakeem Nicks said he wants to stay with the Giants, promises $ is not his only factor in FA + emphasizes "stability" of the franchise #NYG

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,386
    vCash
    1500
    Tom Rock (@TomRock_Newsday) tweeted at 2:00 PM on Fri, Dec 27, 2013:

    First time all season I walked away from Hakeem Nicks' locker thinking he could be back next year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,629
    vCash
    1500
    I think his poor performance definitely lowered his expectations. Would like to see him get a 3 year incentive filled deal and watch him rebound.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •