Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Have you noticed the increase in flags on defenders dislodging passes?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Defenders are no longer being allowed to dislodge passes

Ok I have been seeing this countless times this year and its really upsetting me more then these other bs rules the NFL is putting on us to pretend that they care about player safety.

So many defenders this year are being flagged (including plays in the end zone) where the receiver gets two hands on the ball, is turning up field and the defender comes in with a shoulder blow to the chest to dislodge a ball and successfully do. They rule this as a defenseless receiver.

What is the expectation of the defender in this scenario? Before that is a great defensive play, clean hit, dislodged what otherwise would be a completed pass.

Does the NFL now expect that defenders let receivers maintain possession turn up field and take two steps? (not even kidding because two hands and turning up field gets flagged)

Ive seen this in the end zone many times this year? The only alternative is let the offense complete a touchdown pass.. More scoring, more revenue in the NFLs eyes. Its really screwed up.

Has anyone else noticed this? WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS?

vCash
    Hug them and give them kissies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    this

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    What if the league is homophobic?

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    You know what I decided to do, not being rude to Seneca or anything.

I just decided I'm not going to complain about all this crap. It's not worth getting upset over every single game.

It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    I've DEFINITELY noticed this. There's this weird twilight zone point in time during those underneath routes where a defense must patiently stand by and allow the offense to do its thing, be it drop the pass on their own, catch the pass and decide they've gotten enough yards and stop, or catch the pass and take it to the house. During this crucial decision making process for the offense, the defense must show proper manners and not try and intimidate in any way
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Bobby Boucher wouldn't last a season in the league, that's why he stayed in school to get his degree.

Could you even imagine the fine if someone said something about his momma!?

vCash
    Wouldn't this lead to the dislodging of other balls than the one in question?

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Wouldn't this lead to the dislodging of other balls than the one in question?
    I don't know about you but my balls don't get lodged anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I don't know about you but my balls don't get lodged anywhere.
    Tsk tsk, some people just don't know how to live.

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Bobby Boucher wouldn't last a season in the league, that's why he stayed in school to get his degree.

He'd probably kill himself and they'd conduct a study on his medulla oblongata

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76ersai0309 View Post
    What if the league is homophobic?
    Ironically the league is a bit homophobic, remember the thread about the gay player trying to come out and a league official said there like 3-5 years away from that being okay or something stupid like that
    SABRES METS COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post

I think the league could use some captain insane-o missile drop kicks at this point
    SABRES METS COWBOYS

vCash
    Could you imagine Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, Joe Green, Jack Lambert, Deacon Jones playing now? They'd owe the league money, rather than make money. Such a damn joke. It is physically impossible to keep players safe in a collision sport.

I swear half the players that get "concussed" are faking to draw a flag. Oh I'm hurt, flag. ****ing ***** league
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Could you imagine Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, Joe Green, Jack Lambert, Deacon Jones playing now? They'd owe the league money, rather than make money. Such a damn joke. It is physically impossible to keep players safe in a collision sport.

I swear half the players that get "concussed" are faking to draw a flag. Oh I'm hurt, flag. ****ing ***** league
    Yeah then they fake their symptoms all week so they don't play the next week.

Lol.......you people are crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast