Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What happens in this game?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • 17 68.00%
  • Season continues

12 48.00%
  • Season over

5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 17: (8-7) BEARS vs (7-7-1) PACKERS (12/29, 3:25 CT)

vCash
    McGowan shood start

vCash
    If Rogers doesn't play I think bears are in the playoffs. If he plays it will be close, but still like the bears chances at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blams1989 View Post
    McGowan shood start
    Drago is bettererrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

vCash
    McGowan shood start
    True dat, this is Joshy Mac's team now.

We need to lose so we can get a better draft pick anywayz.

vCash
    At the very least the Bears have made week 17 relevant. I told a friend earlier that I have it at 34-28, Da Bears.

vCash
    McGowan shood start
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    True dat, this is Joshy Mac's team now.

We need to lose so we can get a better draft pick anywayz.
    And Cutler hasn't done anything anyways. Where's the rings?

vCash
    Jay's numbers look pretty pedestrian. Especially playing in a contract year. Was expecting a lot more improvement from him and I'm not sure there's been any at all. You still start him over Josh but man has he been a let down.

vCash
    Yo, I'm gonna put my foot up ya ***

I had this big post all ready to go in the Eagles thread and I hit submit and *poof* it was peaced out.

Basically I was replying to Bibbers, and the gist is that I have seen Trestman's system quite a bit prior to this year, and it can be argued that this is the best overall collection of talent that he has worked with. Obviously not having Jerry Rice makes that not so much of a slam-dunk, but it's pretty damn stacked with talent nonetheless. The point is, I have seen that system work magic and I have seen a lot of QB's over the years take big steps forward under his guidance. I haven't truly seen Cutler take that step yet. I still think his decision-making is shoddy, I think his footwork causes a lot of his problems, and he really doesn't protect the football. Hell, he's thrown 3 pick-sixes and had 2 lost fumbles returned for TD's as well this year. That's a problem. And it's also a constant throughout his career, and most importantly, his Bears tenure.

I have seen enough from Trestman. This isn't based on what I've seen this year, but rather, it's reinforced by what I've seen this year, when added to what I remember from teams like the 95 Niners and the 01 Raiders. Not a whole lot has changed from the tenets of the offense. I have the utmost faith that he can find a guy who can usher in the best offensive era in our franchise's history. There's too much talent there not to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TheBulls View Post
    Jay's numbers look pretty pedestrian. Especially playing in a contract year. Was expecting a lot more improvement from him and I'm not sure there's been any at all. You still start him over Josh but man has he been a let down.
    Meh, his completion percentage is up and so is his passer rating. He certainly gets an incomplete grade, but improvements are there. What Trestman sees is a QB that is 90% of the way to being a top tier QB, Trestman thinks he can get that extra 10% out of him as opposed to starting with a rookie or a 35 year old question mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post

I had this big post all ready to go in the Eagles thread and I hit submit and *poof* it was peaced out.

Basically I was replying to Bibbers, and the gist is that I have seen Trestman's system quite a bit prior to this year, and it can be argued that this is the best overall collection of talent that he has worked with. Obviously not having Jerry Rice makes that not so much of a slam-dunk, but it's pretty damn stacked with talent nonetheless. The point is, I have seen that system work magic and I have seen a lot of QB's over the years take big steps forward under his guidance. I haven't truly seen Cutler take that step yet. I still think his decision-making is shoddy, I think his footwork causes a lot of his problems, and he really doesn't protect the football. Hell, he's thrown 3 pick-sixes and had 2 lost fumbles returned for TD's as well this year. That's a problem. And it's also a constant throughout his career, and most importantly, his Bears tenure.

I have seen enough from Trestman. This isn't based on what I've seen this year, but rather, it's reinforced by what I've seen this year, when added to what I remember from teams like the 95 Niners and the 01 Raiders. Not a whole lot has changed from the tenets of the offense. I have the utmost faith that he can find a guy who can usher in the best offensive era in our franchise's history. There's too much talent there not to.
    The problem is that the "talent" already here doesn't have a 2-3 year waiting period in it, besides Alshon of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post

But, but, but...that's all I got. Don't know how you really defend those things. Maybe his footwork, decision making and ball security all improve at 32 years old. It's not like any other coaches worked with him on those things or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    The problem is that the "talent" already here doesn't have a 2-3 year waiting period in it, besides Alshon of course.
    Look, I know this doesn't happen all the time but Kaep, Wilson, Foles and Rodgers were all 2nd round picks and their teams didn't have to wait. You act like if we re-sign Jay that we're guaranteed a super bowl. We may miss the playoffs this year and that's with the Lions and Packers basically trying to hand us over the division. With your logic, we're waiting on Jay now so what difference does it make? If he's not the guy you move on or you set your franchise back.

Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Meh, his completion percentage is up and so is his passer rating. He certainly gets an incomplete grade, but improvements are there. What Trestman sees is a QB that is 90% of the way to being a top tier QB, Trestman thinks he can get that extra 10% out of him as opposed to starting with a rookie or a 35 year old question mark.
    How do you know what Trestman sees? And he's had the same passer rating before and his completion percentage is still 'meh' especially considering the weapons we have.

vCash
    Rodgers was not a 2nd round pick and for the the handful of examples you picked, I guarantee I could find many, many more of them that didn't work out.

vCash
    Rodgers was not a 2nd round pick and for the the handful of examples you picked, I guarantee I could find many, many more of them that didn't work out.
    Yeah it's not fair to look at those that worked and not compare them to those that didn't.

Hell, there have been plenty of top ten QB selections that didn't work out. There simply are no guarantees and I'm not willing to bank the last bit of elite gas in the tank from Marshall and Forte on a rookie QB stepping in and dominating right away. Otherwise we are looking at a rebuild on both sides of the ball, not just one.

vCash
    My bad holmes. And sure, you definitely can. Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time but all those teams have one thing in common. Great coaching and great weapons. Now can you find a bunch of 1st-2nd round QBs who came in the league with great coaching and great weapons who flopped? Or 1st-2nd round picks who inherited a top 5 offense? I'm sure you can find some but at this point I don't care. In my mind, unless Jay wants to play for roughly the same amount of money he did this year I'm ready to move on. And even then I wouldn't want it to be longer than a 2-3 year deal.

Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast