Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Why not swap picks and make a push?

With Raptors not wanting to be in no man's land and with the Eastern Conference being so weak that we could weasel are way in with a division championship, why not swap our pick with another team?
    -Why we do it: We could make a push for the playoffs while potentially getting a high lottery pick! (BEST OF BOTH WORLDS)
    -Why they do it: Nobody thinks we can make playoffs this early in the season so they'd assume we'd being giving them a higher lottery pick (which may be the case, or maybe not)

So what do you think? && who do you think the trade partner should be?

One of Philly's picks? Cavs? Who else?
    This was an idea i had earlier, i'm not getting excited with recent wins, though i am happy with the Gay trade... this squad likes to share the ball like our division championship team so i think we can do it.
    Toronto Craptors FOREVER!

vCash
    that's a very interesting theory but the rest of the teams in the NBA aren't dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    it would be a great thing to do, but yeah, no one is trading picks in this year's draft.

vCash
    What else is getting traded? Teams aren't going to just swap picks without anything else being involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    What else is getting traded? Teams aren't going to just swap picks without anything else being involved.
    lowry

Id do it if its a higher pick in this years draft.

vCash
    If were really gonna make a push for something this year go in and trade val for a pick. Every gm knows how untouchable val is. All im saying before u all go ape ish on me. Without val the drop off isnt HUGE. And if we somehow net a pick and keep our own u have 2 picks for 2014 cuz we have our own

vCash
    Because the success is based off a really small sample size.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash

Why not swap picks and make a push?

Well I think he's saying find a team who has pretty much the same record offer to swap picks then both teams don't even have to think about tanking and just play out the year. It could be very risky or very rewarding but either way are whole fanbase could actually root for wins other than rooting for loses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Well I think he's saying find a team who has pretty much the same record offer to swap picks then both teams don't even have to think about tanking and just play out the year. It could be very risky or very rewarding but either way are whole fanbase could actually root for wins other than rooting for loses.
    exactly
    Toronto Craptors FOREVER!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors_fanatic View Post
    exactly
    Teams don't just swap picks like that. It's not going to happen.

vCash
    You're looking for a dupe. Not gonna happen.

vCash
    This makes no sense.

I think you meant to say look for a trade with a team where you're unloading an asset and receive the right to swap picks with another team. Like what Atlanta did with Brooklyn and Denver did with NYK.

Teams dont just swap picks for the fun of it.

That's why I was intrigued by the possibility to trade Lowry to the Knicks for Felton+ whatever and the right to swap picks with NY in 2015 and 2017. If Melo leaves and they strike out in FA then it could pay off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Teams don't just swap picks like that. It's not going to happen.
    I know they don't but maybe they should. I'm sure a team like Cleveland thinks they will be better than us by seasons end and same for us. I think both fan bases would be happy to take the risk. Chances are that a team might get duped by a couple draft rankings at worse but at least everyone could put the whole rooting for loses to the side.

This whole tanking issue obviously has the league concerned since there try to find a whole new draft process.

vCash
    Trade val to MIL for their pick!!!

vCash
    Won't work. No team just changes picks like that. They need an asset along as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast