Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dangerous Jets Offense in 2014

We look to knock the Dolphins out of the playoff picture and hopefully build Geno Smith's confidence. A strong showing from Geno Smith and the young players on defense (especially Millner) will impact this team significantly greater than losing this game for a slightly higher draft pick.

Looking at the upcoming free agency class on the offensive side you see big time wide receivers that are unrestricted free agents. Now i know that teams obviously will look to/try to resign some of these guys.

But just to name a few IMPACT WIDE RECEIVERS (wow that's a term that has not been used for a Jet Wide-out for the past decade): Eric Decker, Riley Cooper, Jeremy Maclin (yes, i know coming off ACL tear), Julian Edleman, Hakeem Nicks, and Emanuel Sanders.

And the list of impact wide-outs does not end there, with the speculation of Justin Blackmon being put on the trade block due to his stretch of legal issues in Jacksonville. But maybe our impact wide receiver/tight end threat comes from the draft Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, and Marquis Lee. And the freakishly athletic pass catching tight end Eric Ebron out of North Carolina might be available when we pick as well.

Just a quick thought/vision: Give Geno Smith another entire off-season in an NFL System and give Geno Smith some offensive weapons. Maybe we'll have an offense worth paying ticket prices for.

From a strictly rb/wr weapons stand point imagine this possible New York Jets cast of weapons in 2014-2015:

Qb-Geno Smith
    Rb- Ivory, Goodson, Powell
    Wr- Decker, Edleman, and Sammy Watkins (i know the 3 receiver combinations are endless)

So am i just a New York Jets Fan that is using this holiday off-time to relax from both work and school, and hopelessly searching the internet for potential free agents/potential draft picks that would make this offense thrive? (yes, probably)

But just for fun I would like to hear what possible offensive weapons/combinations of offensive weapons that some of you think are both realistic regarding salary cap and would make a significant impact for our New York Jets.

Happy Hollidays!!!...and more importantly KEEP REX

vCash
    I would like a combination of..

Nicks/maclin/ britt along with Kerley and hill plus draft pick
    Or
    Nicks/cooper/decker along Kerley and hill plus draft pick

vCash
    I'm not going to put my eggs in a "dangerous" basket for next year. I'm hoping for a hungry, youthful, high upside offense.

Geno- Book is still out

Ivory/Powell/Goodson- I think this a excellent combination. Power/Finesse/Receiving

Maclin/Rookie/Kerley/Nelson/Hill- Got some youth as well as some experienced, solid players.

Rookie/Cumberland- Cumberland is a decent player. Lining him up across from ASF/Amaro/Ebron will only help him get open more.

Brick/Winters/Mangold/FA/Howard- Like so many other teams, OL is a huge tossup. They have some talented players, but they have been underperforming this year. Hopefully Winters continues to improve and they fix the right side via FA.

I just want a youthful offense with upside. I dont want to ask for too much too fast.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Guys like Kerely and Hill are the exact reason why the Jets offense is stuck below average, both these receivers lack explosion and play making/game changing ability.

I think half the guys in this forum have better hands than Stephen Hill, the guy is 6'4" runs a 4.3 BUT brings ZERO IMPACT TO A FOOTBALL GAME. This guy never has brought an impact to a football game (wow, hes a great run blocker), NFL receivers are not judged on run blocking. Stephen Hill in his entire college career has about 50 recepetions (with his high for a season being 28). I do not care if he came from the run heavy option oriented scheme in Georgia Tech, I see a guy that looks awkward after the catch, cannot catch the ball in traffic, cannot read the ball in the air, and has TERRIBLE hands. He is a season away from being a lost cause and already is a complete waste of raw physical talent. There is no room in the NFL for receivers that lack play-making ability.

Kerely is average slot possession receiver that seems to have the best chemistry with Geno, especially on 3rd down. However, watch NFL games around the league and you will find slot guys that make more impact plays and are a lot more explosive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    I would like a combination of..

Nicks/maclin/ britt along with Kerley and hill plus draft pick
    Or
    Nicks/cooper/decker along Kerley and hill plus draft pick
    Lol that would be ridiculously expensive bringing in 3 valued receivers.
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    I used to love Nicks, but I think injuries have robbed his ability some.

I'm an Eric Decker fan, so I would bring him in for sure. I like Maclin and Cooper as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I used to love Nicks, but I think injuries have robbed his ability some.

I'm an Eric Decker fan, so I would bring him in for sure. I like Maclin and Cooper as well.
    Maclin/Decker/Cooper are all good, but none of them are the type of receiver that the Jets need. We need a reliable #1 receiver, someone that could carry the load. Considering Hill is a decent #2 vertical receiver (if he keeps developing) and Kerley is an above average slot receiver. We seriously need someone who can carry the load. Maclin/Decker/Cooper have no experience doing that and have relatively been with above average offenses their whole career. Jets need to either take a chance on a high profile WR (Watkins), or go after a big named guy which would be via trade. If they looked the FA route, it seems the best options would be either Nicks or Boldin IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    Maclin/Decker/Cooper are all good, but none of them are the type of receiver that the Jets need. We need a reliable #1 receiver, someone that could carry the load. Considering Hill is a decent #2 vertical receiver (if he keeps developing) and Kerley is an above average slot receiver. We seriously need someone who can carry the load. Maclin/Decker/Cooper have no experience doing that and have relatively been with above average offenses their whole career. Jets need to either take a chance on a high profile WR (Watkins), or go after a big named guy which would be via trade. If they looked the FA route, it seems the best options would be either Nicks or Boldin IMO.
    I think Decker could carry some of that load. I don't think his numbers are totally Peyton inflated.

Who is Watkins? I don't think Nicks can carry the load and Boldin is getting older.

vCash
    Nicks' legs aren't holding up

Maclin could be a nice signing if he comes back healthy, maybe even a discount as well

the other guys I dont think will give you bang for your buck. you end up in another Santonio situation paying a guy #1 money just because he was the best you could do.

Blackmon is a ****ing beast. I'd take the risk depending on how high the pick is.
    **** justin verlander and **** colin hanks for kind of looking like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think Decker could carry some of that load. I don't think his numbers are totally Peyton inflated.

Who is Watkins? I don't think Nicks can carry the load and Boldin is getting older.
    Watkins out of Clemson, imo the best WR in the draft right now.

Nicks can carry the load IMO, Boldin while old is still reliable and has some explosiveness.

vCash
    Hakeem Nicks will be the next Holmes if he comes here. Steer clear
    Twitter: SteveMcG87

vCash
    I will throw a couple names out there. I may be way off, but I have been before:

WR Anquan Boldin
    WR Golden Tate
    TE Brandon Pettigrew
    TE Greg Olsen
    TE Scott Chandler
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Nicks' legs aren't holding up

Maclin could be a nice signing if he comes back healthy, maybe even a discount as well

the other guys I dont think will give you bang for your buck. you end up in another Santonio situation paying a guy #1 money just because he was the best you could do.

Blackmon is a ****ing beast. I'd take the risk depending on how high the pick is.
    I generally agree with everything here, except I personally like Decker and think he is legit.

vCash
    Watkins out of Clemson, imo the best WR in the draft right now.

Nicks can carry the load IMO, Boldin while old is still reliable and has some explosiveness.
    Will he be around when we pick? If he is as good as you say, I suspect that he is be picked already. With the injuries to Nicks, I don't believe in him. I'd prefer a younger WR than Boldin.

vCash
    lol, Boldin. That's what we need another washed up, passed his prime receiver like Plaxico instead of actually addressing the position for the future.

Pretty easy to me. Keep Hill/Kerley, get rid of the rest. Sign someone like Sanders/Maclin/Nicks and draft one of Watkins/Evans/Lee.

That would upgrade the offense. Then if Geno continues to suck, we know we can move on.

Oh and upgrade the G position.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast