Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Woody question: If everyone knows we we played best when J.R. Smith drove to basket,

....then why can't Woodson bench a player if he doesn't do what he is supposed to do??

IT WAS SO DAMN OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE THAT WE WERE A MUCH BETTER TEAM WHEN J.R. DROVE THE LANE! This opens up things for everyone else...

But instead he just chucks up threes, Woodson stares at him.

IF EVERYONE KNOWS THIS, WHY THE HELL CAN'T WOODSON BENCH JR UNTIL HE LISTENS??
    DOES HE HAVE ANY AUTHORITY AT ALL?

Help tfy with this, please...

vCash
    Woody is a pawn in a CAAchess game. He does what he's told, not what he wants.

Either way, JR's drives have been automatic turnovers this season.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Woody is a pawn in a CAAchess game. He does what he's told, not what he wants.

Either way, JR's drives have been automatic turnovers this season.
    Pretty much, last years streak was fools gold. I think JR caught the entire league by surprise when he started driving to the basket. But teams have caught on, they did so late in the year and in the playoffs. And this year JR has been awful when he drives.

JR & Shump have to be two of the worst finishers at the rim in the NBA, and we're lucky enough to have them in our backcourt together. THJR weighs like 20-30 lbs less and has been in the league only 25 games and he's already 10x better then either of those at finishing at the rim. It's pathetic...

vCash
    Jr looks ugly going to the rim. He's average inside and never gets a call
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    JR's handle has been terrible. He's been good for 2 of those ballerina in the air strips when he attacks.
    We don't have any PG's to run an offense.
    We don't have high percentage 3pt shooters like Novak/Copeland to blow things open and provide better spacing for Melo and JR.

It's a lost season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    JR's handle has been terrible. He's been good for 2 of those ballerina in the air strips when he attacks.
    We don't have any PG's to run an offense.
    We don't have high percentage 3pt shooters like Novak/Copeland to blow things open and provide better spacing for Melo and JR.

It's a lost season.
    THJR is shooting the 3 ball just as well as Novak did last year. So was Pablo.

The problem is everyone else has regressed to career low's. Shump, JR, Felton... Melo alone through 26 games last year had hit 69 three's at over 40%... this year he's hit 36 so far at 35%.

Melo's 3pt shooting has dropped off big time this year

vCash
    Listen......This isn't the first time Jr Smith has just " checked out " on a team...
    He's just cashing a check now...it's obvious that the only players that are in " I'm taking these loses personal " mode is a rookie that should clearly never be traded and a Italian that everyone wrote off as done. ... Washed up. ..and doesn't block or rebound .

Being a kicks fan is like taking a medication that does more damage than it helps.. but you have no choice but to take it.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    THJR is shooting the 3 ball just as well as Novak did last year. So was Pablo.

The problem is everyone else has regressed to career low's. Shump, JR, Felton... Melo alone through 26 games last year had hit 69 three's at over 40%... this year he's hit 36 so far at 35%.

Melo's 3pt shooting has dropped off big time this year
    Exactly.
    We have no 3pt offense which means this team is terrible.
    So adding these "versatile" offensive players like Bargnani and Beno have resulted in our wonderful record.
    Should have just suck with the gameplan last season.

vCash
    yah this team has no one we can run the offense through. no one can dribble penetrate to break down a defense so instead everyone lines up on the 3 point line and then one person takes an ISO 3. I laugh when I watch the games this year, absolutely no one has good court vision, and we aren't a good enough 3 point shooting team like last year to just chuck 3's all day. This is why I think the knicks are gonna win under 30 this year, no help is coming. Felton is fat and injured, Pablo is too old and Udrih just aint good enough, especially on D. This team is awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Exactly.
    We have no 3pt offense which means this team is terrible.
    So adding these "versatile" offensive players like Bargnani and Beno have resulted in our wonderful record.
    Should have just suck with the gameplan last season.
    Novak is shooting 31% this year, Copeland is averaging 2.9ppg on 37% and can't get off the bench. You're overstating what they did. Beno has shot the 3 ball at 48%... Prigs about the same. THJR has been over 40% all year.

The problem has been with the core guys, Felton, JR & Melo.

Bargs isn't really a 3pt shooter, his game is midrange. But you know what, before his slump 2 weeks ago he was shooting 37% from 3 and we were still getting destroyed every game.

This team has a lot of problems, Novak wouldn't solve anything. He's been replaced by a much better all around player in THJR anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Novak is shooting 31% this year, Copeland is averaging 2.9ppg on 37% and can't get off the bench. You're overstating what they did. Beno has shot the 3 ball at 48%... Prigs about the same. THJR has been over 40% all year.

The problem has been with the core guys, Felton, JR & Melo.

Bargs isn't really a 3pt shooter, his game is midrange. But you know what, before his slump 2 weeks ago he was shooting 37% from 3 and we were still getting destroyed every game.

This team has a lot of problems, Novak wouldn't solve anything. He's been replaced by a much better all around player in THJR anyway.
    They were effective here because we had the best system to maximize the talent on this roster.
    This offense is terrible because we don't have the 3ball to make up for everyone's lack of talent.

Bargs not being a good 3pt shooter is another huge reason this team isn't going far.
    And I stated we loss players like Novak/Copeland so the whole dynamic of this team changed unnecessarily, even with them I doubt we'd be much better because Melo/Felton choose this year to suck and JR is a clear case of a Expiring contract performer.

This team is such a sorry case from the FO to the players.
    Trading for Bargnani is stupid, Shumps value is all but gone now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyson get hurt again with how much they rely on him to make up for everyone else.

vCash
    Really, the problem is Woodson, has been since preseason and it continues to get worse. Remember that Melo is in a contract year and "He is still getting his numbers" while the team is losing. Some of the best games we have had are with Melo taking a much smaller role. Even with the terrible shooting and injuries and all. Woodson sucks Melo's tip and makes sure that Melo "gets his" so when Melo opts out he can get a major payday. If Melo were to take a smaller role and say average 20pts 8-9 rebs 3assts, and the team is successful, teams would not be rushing to hand him a contract at 25million per year or whatever. Woodson became coach by placating Melo even at the price of winning, and he will continue to placate Melo until his chapstick wears off.

We need a coach that will come in and run a more traditional offense with more sets and motion in the offense.

We have also seen that this team plays better when they push the ball offensively, but Melo likes to walk the ball up the court and ease into his Iso sets. He's not fond of that running up and down stuff. I can't tell you how many times the Knicks have had opportunities to press an advantage in transition, but Melo takes his time crossing halfcourt letting the defense set. I remember one play with Urih damn near begging for the ball as he was running up the sideline, recognizing mismatches that could generate a good/easy bucket and Melo ignoring it, dribble up slowly, the defense set, Udrih took his foot off the peddle in disgust and faded into his spot in the corner just to watch Melo take a contested 2pters over the defense and miss.

This, to me, illustrates Melo's biggest weakness as a player: he prefers comfort and convenience to winning basketball. That's why even though he has the talent level of a Kobe/Wade/Lebron/etc., he will never achieve to their level. It is the complete opposite of Jason Kidd, who used his BBIQ to do whatever needed to be done to win games.

LeBron goes flying down on breaks or semibreaks and uses his athleticism and skill to create easy baskets for himself or his teammates, but Melo hardly ever does that.

Woody has built the offensive and defensive system to suit how Anthony likes to play, rather than getting the team to play winning basketball.

Woody sold his basketball soul.

vCash
    ^^ You sound like Nets fans in the NBA forum these past few years.

Nets are gonna be awesome!!! JJ and Deron WHOOP WHOOP.

After 2 weeks, OMG Avery is holding us back WTF.

Avery goes - OMG time to dominate the league!!!

After 2 weeks, OMG PJ is holding us back WTF.

Another flawed move to bolster the roster and a new coach hired.

Yeaaa were gonna be CHAMPS!! JKidd in the house!!! Team is stacked!!!

2 weeks later - OMG Kidd sucks this team is good enough to win a chip WTFFFFF

Your insecure about the team so you do nothing but bash the coaching staff to convince yourself that were actually good. Were not. Nets are not. Woody isn't the reason we suck. He might not be the solution, but the reasons are far beyond who's calling the plays and designing the rotations.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Really, the problem is Woodson, has been since preseason and it continues to get worse. Remember that Melo is in a contract year and "He is still getting his numbers" while the team is losing. Some of the best games we have had are with Melo taking a much smaller role. Even with the terrible shooting and injuries and all. Woodson sucks Melo's tip and makes sure that Melo "gets his" so when Melo opts out he can get a major payday. If Melo were to take a smaller role and say average 20pts 8-9 rebs 3assts, and the team is successful, teams would not be rushing to hand him a contract at 25million per year or whatever. Woodson became coach by placating Melo even at the price of winning, and he will continue to placate Melo until his chapstick wears off.

We need a coach that will come in and run a more traditional offense with more sets and motion in the offense.

We have also seen that this team plays better when they push the ball offensively, but Melo likes to walk the ball up the court and ease into his Iso sets. He's not fond of that running up and down stuff. I can't tell you how many times the Knicks have had opportunities to press an advantage in transition, but Melo takes his time crossing halfcourt letting the defense set. I remember one play with Urih damn near begging for the ball as he was running up the sideline, recognizing mismatches that could generate a good/easy bucket and Melo ignoring it, dribble up slowly, the defense set, Udrih took his foot off the peddle in disgust and faded into his spot in the corner just to watch Melo take a contested 2pters over the defense and miss.

This, to me, illustrates Melo's biggest weakness as a player: he prefers comfort and convenience to winning basketball. That's why even though he has the talent level of a Kobe/Wade/Lebron/etc., he will never achieve to their level. It is the complete opposite of Jason Kidd, who used his BBIQ to do whatever needed to be done to win games.

LeBron goes flying down on breaks or semibreaks and uses his athleticism and skill to create easy baskets for himself or his teammates, but Melo hardly ever does that.

Woody has built the offensive and defensive system to suit how Anthony likes to play, rather than getting the team to play winning basketball.

Woody sold his basketball soul.

Prior to this year, when have Carmelo Anthony played "non winning" basketball?

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    ^^ You sound like Nets fans in the NBA forum these past few years.

Nets are gonna be awesome!!! JJ and Deron WHOOP WHOOP.

After 2 weeks, OMG Avery is holding us back WTF.

Avery goes - OMG time to dominate the league!!!

After 2 weeks, OMG PJ is holding us back WTF.

Another flawed move to bolster the roster and a new coach hired.

Yeaaa were gonna be CHAMPS!! JKidd in the house!!! Team is stacked!!!

2 weeks later - OMG Kidd sucks this team is good enough to win a chip WTFFFFF

Your insecure about the team so you do nothing but bash the coaching staff to convince yourself that were actually good. Were not. Nets are not. Woody isn't the reason we suck. He might not be the solution, but the reasons are far beyond who's calling the plays and designing the rotations.
    Comparing me to a Nets fan? Never that. That's not even funny. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Delusional? Denial? I don't think so. However, Dolan owes it to the fans to exhaust the possibility that the coach is the problem before starting to re-form the team.

Fact: With the same core last season, this team won more and played better basketball.
    Fact: Woody got out-coached in last year's playoffs.
    Fact: Woody never established an offensive philosophy in preseason, clearly identifying roles for players.
    Fact: Woody established a defensive scheme that either a) doesn't work or b) doesn't have the personnel to execute.
    Fact: The players, as group, have not played hard for the coach.
    Fact: He hasn't gotten the most out of anyone, except maybe Anthony (whom he caters to)
    Fact: I didn't criticize Woody much at all last season, and even had hope that he could finally get over the hump in the playoffs (before Indiana series).
    Fact: I raised the red flag in preseason and have continued to build the criticism as Woody has dug the team further and further into doodoo!
    Fact: Not even Herb, who did a decent job with a much worse roster as interim coach, would be as bad as Woody has been.
    Fact: After more than a quarter of the season has passed, I have lost faith in Woodson.

I do not want this season to go down the drain or for the team to make a dumb trade only to realize down the road that Woodson was the problem and then we shoot ourselves twice. I would rather Woodson got let go, we saw if that rejuvenated the team and if Woodson was the problem with plenty of time to assess the team under a different coach before the trade deadline. Then you can make some hard decisions about how you are going to reconstruct the team. And if the team is so poorly constructed that you need major changes, you might as well bring in a new coach in the offseason and start working toward the future. In which case, Woodson would be gone anyway. With 2015 in mind, I would rather the organization spent some time developing young, cheap options that can be part of a 2015 team that can make major FA additions.

Do you see Woodson as the future coach of this team? Beyond next season at the most, unless they win a championship?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast