Gamethread: New York Knicks @ Orlando Magic - Consistent Inconsistency

Monday December 23rd
    @
    7:00 PM ET
    Amway Center

Your New York Knicks!

Beno Udrih / Iman Shumpert / Carmelo Anthony / Pasta / Tyson Chandler

Orlando Magic

Jameer Nelson / Victor Oladipo / Aaron Afflalo / Glen Davis / Nikola Vucevic
    Knick Updates

Tim Hardaway Jr. was bothered by a stomach illness but didn't have any problems with his knees after taking some hard contact during Saturday's game. There was some concern about the rookie's leg after he was spotted limping in the locker room, but he practiced on Sunday and is ready to play vs. the Magic on Monday. We're taking him off the injury report.

Raymond Felton (hamstring) said that although he isn't 100 percent healthy, he'll "give it a go" during Monday's shootaround.

Mike Woodson said that New York's inability to rebound or defend the paint on Saturday was "embarrassing, especially when you start a big lineup." Andrea Bargnani started at PF but he was awful in all facets of the game, finishing with just three points on 1-of-5 shooting, two rebounds, one assist and one block in 22 minutes. It wouldn't be surprising to see Woodson mix things up with a 'small' lineup vs. the Magic on Monday, sending Bargnani to the bench, but we won't know Woodson's plans until shootaround.

Metta World Peace (sore left knee) may not be ready to play on Monday.
    "I just have to take some time," he said before sitting out Saturday's game. "We’ll see how long." He had meniscus surgery on his left knee last March and has recently had the knee drained twice. When asked whether he'll be out more than one day, MWP replied, "If I had to guess, yeah. But I would have to talk to the doctors first and I would have to talk to the trainers."

vCash
    All I'm going to say is Lowry had 20pts, 10 dimes and 4 steals against Westbrook.

Westbrook is going to destroy Beno on Christmas if he starts. Let Toure start please. Don't mess up my Christmas day with another embarrassing pg match up!

Go with a small lineup of:
    Murray
    TH2
    Jr
    Melo
    Chandler

Jr always has good games against Durant for some reason. Look it up!

let Shump come off the bench along with Beno, Bargnani and Amare.

vCash
    We'll win this and Woodson will live to see another day, that's how it's been. imo when your coaching to save your job, it's time to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    We'll win this and Woodson will live to see another day, that's how it's been. imo when your coaching to save your job, it's time to go.
    Defense is what Woodson preaches but yet he leaves guys like udrih in the game to have guys walk in for a lay up, toure gives u the D that u need why not play him more, and shump has proved to me that he is useless, someone had made the comment about how THJ has more dunks in ten games with limited minutes than shump has this whole season and he avg's starters minutes, that's ridiculous! Why not give the starter minutes to THJ?

vCash
    I got nothing

I have no idea what the hell this team is going to do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MELO 15 View Post
    Defense is what Woodson preaches but yet he leaves guys like udrih in the game to have guys walk in for a lay up, toure gives u the D that u need why not play him more, and shump has proved to me that he is useless, someone had made the comment about how THJ has more dunks in ten games with limited minutes than shump has this whole season and he avg's starters minutes, that's ridiculous! Why not give the starter minutes to THJ?
    Woodson is old school, he likes vets, that's the only reason I can think of to why he doesn't play THj more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    I got nothing

I have no idea what the hell this team is going to do
    I don't think anyone does, not even Woodson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Woodson is old school, he likes vets, that's the only reason I can think of to why he doesn't play THj more.
    That mentality is more than old school, it's Stone Aged. THJ is the best three-point shooter on the team, and needs to be on the floor. There's no good reason why he isn't.

vCash
    I'm with Jess on this one. I don't even know anymore.

vCash
    Not only do I not know, I don't even ****ing care.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation that’s critical. He’s one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Not only do I not know, I don't even ****ing care.
    Agreed. Yet im still gonna watch this garbage tonight

vCash
    I got this for you guys. Knicks win by 6 or so tonight, lose to Okc by 8 or so
    Split with Toronto and we trade for Lowry
    What I hope happens is we win 4 straight and trade for Lowry and still fire Woodson
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash

Andrea Bargnani will remain in the Knicks' starting lineup for Monday's road game in Orlando.
    The trio of Bargnani, Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony haven't had much success this season, and Mike Woodson lamented his team's poor rebounding in Saturday's loss, but he's keeping the faith in a 'big' lineup.
    Rotoworld.

Woodson you have no clue.
    Chandler/Bargnani is the worst rebounding PF/C combo in the whole league, but yeah , lets do it again, UGH. Man man. This guy makes me sick.

vCash
    Lol so what do you wanna go with?
    Lineup I like if jr and shump ever snapped out of it is Felton-shump-jr-melo-chandler but until It happens I'm
    Fine with that lineup
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Melo at the 4 is how this team works best imho.
    I'm not even close to fine with Chandler/Bargnani, it's slow, ugly basketball. And it's not like it's winning games either.
    As long Bargnani plays significant minutes we will go nowhere. Yes you can quote me on that.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast