Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

ESPN "Mark D. recently "rejected" coach Dennis Allen request to extend assistants"

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports owner Mark Davis recently "rejected" coach Dennis Allen's request to give the Raiders' assistant coaches contract extensions.
    It's not just an ominous development for the assistants. It's bad news for Allen, whom NFL.com's Mike Silver recently reported is "very much on the hot seat," and whose job security may be decided based on the effort and performance level of his roster during the final two games. The 2013 Raiders are 4-10 and close out the season at San Diego, before hosting Peyton Manning's Broncos. Oakland has lost four consecutive games, and six of its last seven.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Because he is bringing in Gruden and he will choose his own staff. Maybe this should be a clue to Indy Raider that Gruden is actually coming to Oakland and DA is gone.

vCash
    Gruden aint coming.I want an offensive guru.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer:27657602
    Gruden aint coming.I want an offensive guru.
    GL with that. You know I respect you but I feel you are dead wrong. Gruden will be our next coach IMO and hope you will he on board when so.

vCash
    Yes we know the request was denied, you`re about 6 hours late with the breaking news.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    GL with that. You know I respect you but I feel you are dead wrong. Gruden will be our next coach IMO and hope you will he on board when so.
    I wouldn't mind gruden i just think he wouldn't want to come here but i would be on board with it.

vCash
    Mark Davis is just following what Al did he rarely extended assistant coaches he just resigned them when contract were up. Besides a select few.

With that said, I have been defending DA all day but must admit I am getting fed up with lack of visible passion and his determination to stick with Mcgloin. Pryor's completion % is comparable to his but the team just seems to respond better with Pryor.

vCash
    I think there's a growing body of evidence to suggest how the MD / DA partnership will end.

It's a damned shame, because I think Dennis Allen is a good coach. I'm fairly certain he'll get a second chance to be a head coach, but I think his tenure in Oakland is drawing to a close.

vCash
    I'm sure he'll get another chance almost all coaches get 2 chance 1st to learn 2nd to preform all but crying lane kiffen. I really want to see what he can do with a true NFL roster that isn't just patch work players

vCash

Assistant Coaches won't be coming back

Looks like Tarver and company are on their way out. This is another blunder by Mark Davis. Alot of the Raider defenders have had more snaps this season than in any other. That's why they're tired and fatigued this late in the season. Here's a link:

http://goldengatesports.com/2013/12/...stant-coaches/

vCash
    If only this was posted already...

MERGED.

vCash
    Mark Davis is a tool if he allowed this to leak and doesn't the GM make those decisions after conferring with the owner? This tells me that DA will be the fall guy. Mark Davis said he wanted progress? DA showed plenty of progress which would have translated to wins had our high priced place kicker made kicks.

I am pretty sure the Raiders have the highest number of UDFA's starting. This whole situation is a downer, DA had this team playing well for as long as could be expected given the lack of talent and depth.
    Last edited by Proximo; 12-22-2013 at 08:27 PM.

vCash
    This is NOT good. How do you keep the head coach, yet let the assistants go? Where's Reggie with all of this going on? Is he going to let DA fend for himself? Especially since HE brought him in to coach. What a guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    This is NOT good. How do you keep the head coach, yet let the assistants go? Where's Reggie with all of this going on? Is he going to let DA fend for himself? Especially since HE brought him in to coach. What a guy.
    From what I've read, DA broke the chain of command and tried to get Davis to commit to him (DA) and a few assistants. The gambit failed.

It is what it is. If Mark Davis isn't convinced that this is the coaching staff he wants to keep for 2014, why the hell would he commit to giving assistants new contracts...?

It's a strange story. We'll see how things play out over the next 8 days - Black Monday looms in the not so distant future...

vCash
    They won't fire DA! They'll fire his assistants. He's on a 4 year contract. Even though Tarver did not come with great credentials he's done an admirable job with players who were not full time starters on other teams. Pat Sims and Vance Walker come to mind. Nick Roach has played alot because he did not have a backup for most of the season. Tyvon Branch was injured and should have been put on IR earlier. There's a sore lack of depth in the defensive secondary. Brandian Moss and Usama Young have not been able to compensate for the loss of Branch.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast