Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If...

vCash

If...

If you could guarantee a top flight player at any one position in this upcoming draft, which position would you choose? By this I mean if you could guarantee an all-time great player on the level of a Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor...

Which position would you choose, and why?

vCash
    At this point in time, in today's game, i guess i would go safety. Seems like the safety position has become one of the most important positions on D and it seems like its harder to find an elite one nowadays.

I would also consider DT/NT
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 12-21-2013 at 10:34 PM.

There you go thumper

vCash
    ^ I forgot to mention my pick, but you nailed it. The Safety position is the single most underrated position in the game. I would say it is the second most important position. Time and time again you can look at the safety play and see its impact on Super Bowl winners. From Bob Sanders in his one healthy year carrying Peyton Manning to Nick Collins having probably my second favorite Super Bowl play ever while Troy P. was picked on, the Safety position is key.

If we had an Ed Reed (prime), Troy P. (healthy, prime), or one of the up and coming type players (Earl Thomas, Eric Berry) on this team, we'd be Super Bowl favorites each year. If we had an all-time great, we'd win the Super Bowl each year.

vCash
    Anybody on dline, I would take a Reggie white above a polamalu type any day.
    Last edited by jerellh528; 12-21-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 76
    Yards: 1,093
    Tds: 10

vCash
    I honestly don't think White would have been as effective in today's NFL. Look at Brees and the Saints. Screen passes and dump off passes have destroyed many a great defense, and many a great pass rusher. I don't think you're going to see anybody having consecutive 15 sack seasons anymore because as soon as they make a name for themselves, teams game plan against them. Look no further than Watt. 20.5 sacks and 16 passes defended last year. This year? 9.5 sacks and 6 passes defended.

vCash
    It'd be a toss up for either a Darrell Green or a Ronnie Lott.

vCash
    QB.. Name one of the top QB's. That position could trade for 1 of those players and 3 first rd picks..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    QB.. Name one of the top QB's. That position could trade for 1 of those players and 3 first rd picks..
    That's cheating.

vCash
    In the upcoming draft and for this team, I would have to go MLB. Safety is a close second for me, but I think we need range and good tackling upfront and a great MLB solves a lot of our defense's problems. Not to mention a good MLB can change the attitude of a defense, which is also something I see as a team need. I've grown tired of watching our mediocre play at MLB for what feels like the last decade, so I would have to go there first.

vCash
    For me it'd be like this:

Safety/Corner- I'd love to see an Eric Berry type player in the secondary.

ILB- Hell I'd love to just have Shane Skov or CJ Mosley, me may not be great but he's gotta be better then what we have.

NT- Would be nice to have a Casey Hampton clogging the middle.

Then this is my ultimate pipe dream...WR and I'm talking a guy with Dorial Green-Beckum size who can go up over the top of some guys and get it, maybe even ...dare I say it make some catches that shouldn't be made some times. Don't get me wrong Jordy has elevated his game this year and is a total stud but I just see Alshon and Brandon Marshall down in Chi and I see them on so many occasions bail their QB out by just simply going to over the defender.

It would be nice for Rodgers to have a sort of security blanket type guy, one where on a last resort he can throw it up and rely on the big guy to simply make a play. Also, I've always had an infatuation with big receivers.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Anybody on dline, I would take a Reggie white above a polamalu type any day.
    I sorta agree. I don't think a safety can take a game over as much as a DE or a LB can. That being said I'd do anything to have a Ronnie Lott on this team. But I'd take a Ray Lewis any day of the week for this football team. He'd be a vocal leader that they don't have, and a intimidator that this team also doesn't have. And he'd be a tackling machine.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Safety........ Hands Down we lack leadership after losing Collins and have so desperately been searching for answers since he got injured.
    ~
    I would also love a Ray Lewis type player as they only come along so often.

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    If you could guarantee a top flight player at any one position in this upcoming draft, which position would you choose? By this I mean if you could guarantee an all-time great player on the level of a Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor...

Which position would you choose, and why?
    Defensive end/OLB (White/LT)

They have the most impact defensively. Even if we have some talent there, you do it anyway.

I know we have Lacy now but if you could offer me Marshall Faulk, I would consider it. We'd score every drive.

vCash
    Safety will be our first round pick

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Safety will be our first round pick
    There is no speculation that couldback up anything I am about to say, but I wonder if we have internal options for S. Tramon is getting older, getting beat on routes but plays the ball well. When Heyward and Hyde came out, most projected a move to S in their futures. I assume Haha will go in the top 10 because of reasons mentioned above- see Mark Barron. I wonder if someone like the Oregon CB Irpke would be easier to trade up for, and he plays the run well. Get Tramon to take a pay cut and maybe move him to S?

Just an idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast