Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Does Billy King need to be fired?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

14 73.68%
  • no

8 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

So should Billy King be fired?

I think he needs to be made a pre X-mas example of. He gave Lopez that max deal. He traded all their flexibility. He has constructed a ticking time bomb starting unit in Brooklyn.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Yea I think very obviously he deserves to get fired.

vCash
    From what he showed in Philly im shocked he would even have a part time scouting job for the D league affiliate or something of that nature let alone the GM for a billionaire owned NBA team, unreal

vCash
    OP, weren't you hyping up the Nets for years saying how great they were going to be and how much better they were than NY knicks?

Then when the nets start sucking and their moves backfired you start trashing them and start coming to the Knicks forum?

vCash
    No
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    If he can get Asik then it might save his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    OP, weren't you hyping up the Nets for years saying how great they were going to be and how much better they were than NY knicks?

Then when the nets start sucking and their moves backfired you start trashing them and start coming to the Knicks forum?
    The talent was there. Lopez got hurt. I never said Billy King was a genius. I said he still deserved to be fired. But the talent was there.

what? I've been in the Knicks forum. What you about?

vCash
    Besides the Kidd move which is a bit baffling, wasnt this a good offseason for the Nets?

I mean all offseason we heard about how awesome the Nets were going to be, and now that their underperforming, King is the one to blame? And now, because Lopez got injured, it should cost him his job?
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Besides the Kidd move which is a bit baffling, wasnt this a good offseason for the Nets?

I mean all offseason we heard about how awesome the Nets were going to be, and now that their underperforming, King is the one to blame? And now, because Lopez got injured, it should cost him his job?
    We heard how awesome they could be. And this was w/ risks. King has to take the fall. How could he not? Do you keep someone making moves that continue to not pan out as your head of ops? does that make sense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post

I sort of agree with this but at the end of the day this is still his team. He put together the highest payroll in NBA History all by himself and has a 9-17 win team to show for it. Unlike James Dolan Proky doesn't make trades or anything like that he just expects a return on his money. He has to take the blame and be responsible but IF he can get Asik it could save him.

vCash
    king has been one of the worst gm's of all time for nets I can't believe he wasn't fired a while ago

vCash
    Didn't he trade 1st rounders for the corpse of Garnett and Pierce? He has a huge payroll, No picks anytime soon, A roster of players who should be writing they're bucket list now, A rookie coach who looks bad and a nice losing record. I think the Nets are in a huge hole now for quite some time.

vCash
    The Nets are in a rough spot. You can't mortgage your teams future like he just did these past few years. They have no assets to make this team better outside of Pierce's expiring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    I sort of agree with this but at the end of the day this is still his team. He put together the highest payroll in NBA History all by himself and has a 9-17 win team to show for it. Unlike James Dolan Proky doesn't make trades or anything like that he just expects a return on his money. He has to take the blame and be responsible but IF he can get Asik it could save him.
    Pierce for Asik?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RipCity32 View Post
    Didn't he trade 1st rounders for the corpse of Garnett and Pierce? He has a huge payroll, No picks anytime soon, A roster of players who should be writing they're bucket list now, A rookie coach who looks bad and a nice losing record. I think the Nets are in a huge hole now for quite some time.
    you do realize that we have picks in 2015 and 2017, right? can't trade consecutive picks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast