Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Larry Bird in the 2013-2014 NBA

Terrible athlete (no vertical, speed, etc.) average strength. I will admit his shot was A1 but so is Kyle Korvers....

My question is, in your guys' opinion, (age 25 and older please, otherwise you probably have no clue what you're talking about, and even 25 is a stretch) how do you think Larry Legend would fair in todays game??? Keep in mind the players are much more athletic imo and he would be guarded by players like Lebron, PG, Deng, Iggy, Tony Allen, KD, etc.

I can't help but think he would be simular to a Kyle Korver/Mike Miller esque player...

But I'll gladly admit I don't know everything, I'm not a professional basketball analyst, so I could be wrong, but what are your thoughts on what Larry's stat line would like like in todays game???

My personal opinion is in his prime if he were to play today he would put up

14/15 ppg 5/6 rpg and 3 apg

vCash
    he would still be awesome, don't know if he would be leading the league in scoring but dude would def be ballin in todays game.

fundamentals of basketball never change, bird was so crafty, his bball IQ would more than compensate for his lack of speed or athleticism.

vCash
    and please don't bring up korver's name in the same sentence with bird. bird will always be a legend and go down as one of the greatest ever.

vCash

vCash
    Dude was MUCH more than a shooter. And Bird was super strong. He would own the NBA just like he did in the 80's. Look at guys like Nash, Dirk, and Kevin Love...skill and smarts still cut it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Ban this guy.
    lmao, this dude is mad cuz i treated um like a punk on a different thread.....

quit actin like this thread is some outta-this-world concept.....larrys old 12in vertical, 6.8 40yd dash time havin *** would get shut down more often than not, GUARANTEED
    Last edited by TheBigChief; 12-21-2013 at 12:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigChief View Post
    Terrible athlete (no vertical, speed, etc.) average strength. I will admit his shot was A1 but so is Kyle Korvers....

My question is, in your guys' opinion, (age 25 and older please, otherwise you probably have no clue what you're talking about, and even 25 is a stretch) how do you think Larry Legend would fair in todays game??? Keep in mind the players are much more athletic imo and he would be guarded by players like Lebron, PG, Deng, Iggy, Tony Allen, KD, etc.

I can't help but think he would be simular to a Kyle Korver/Mike Miller esque player...

But I'll gladly admit I don't know everything, I'm not a professional basketball analyst, so I could be wrong, but what are your thoughts on what Larry's stat line would like like in todays game???

My personal opinion is in his prime if he were to play today he would put up

14/15 ppg 5/6 rpg and 3 apg
    The NBA is filled with players that are much more athletic, but combine NBA talent with skills and fundamentals that many in today's game lack almost completely and I think it's a moot point. If you have the fundamentals you can be a step ahead of your opponent if you are armed with the scoring ability Bird possessed. Also did you see Bird's game? He wasn't athletic, but he wasn't Aaron Gray out there. Plus, dude was just money and about 1 of like 3 dudes in his era that would talk and back up his talk all day long. Best player on the second best team of his era, only topped by the Showtime Lakers...had those two teams not been rivals either of them had the potential to run the table on that decade...and you mention Kyle Korver lol come on man, Kyle Korver can shoot, but he isn't tough and doesn't play anything like Bird.

His numbers wouldn't suffer and I actually think he'd be an even more efficient scorer getting to the line even more.
    Last edited by Chicaaago; 12-21-2013 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps:27650302
    Ban this guy.

On a serious note i think if anything Larry would be better in today's game tbh.. Most players don't pride themselves on being great at defense anymore. There was no flopping, no ticky tack fouls back then that give the ball handler the advantage, if a PG would come into the paint the center would put him on his azz.. Think of Paul pierce, dudes athletic ability left him YEARS ago, but what kept him at the top of his game so long(up until this year of course) was the fundamentals.. Larry bird is Mr fundamental and would succeed just based off that imo

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    25/8/5. Battling KD for 2nd best player in the game.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post
    Ban this guy.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    He reminds me a lot like Dirk but quicker and a bit more athletic. I think he'd be a top 5 but to put him over James? James would run circles around him. Bird lacked athleticism and the league has never been more athletic. I can see Bird having a tougher time.

vCash
    lmao, this dude is mad cuz i treated um like a punk on a different thread.....

quit actin like this thread is some outta-this-world concept.....larrys old 12in vertical, 6.8 40yd dash time havin *** would get shut down more often than not, GUARANTEED
    Hard to take you seriously with troll-like comments like this.

If Dirk Nowitzki dominates offensively, what is to keep Bird from doing even worse damage?

In today's league Bird simply terrorizes these guys the same way he did back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    He reminds me a lot like Dirk but quicker and a bit more athletic. I think he'd be a top 5 but to put him over James? James would run circles around him. Bird lacked athleticism and the league has never been more athletic. I can see Bird having a tougher time.
    smartest post yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Hard to take you seriously with troll-like comments like this.

If Dirk Nowitzki dominates offensively, what is to keep Bird from doing even worse damage?

In today's league Bird simply terrorizes these guys the same way he did back then.
    it's called exaggeration, erkel....and bird would "terrorize" lebron? gtfoh

and dirk is 7ft larry was 6'9'' AND dirk stroke way nicer than larry, dirk woulda had multiple mvps back in larry day
    Last edited by TheBigChief; 12-21-2013 at 12:57 AM.

vCash
    it's called exaggeration, erkel....and bird would "terrorize" lebron? gtfoh

and dirk is 7ft larry was 6'9'' AND dirk stroke way nicer than larry, dirk woulda had multiple mvps back in larry day
    What is the point of making this thread? Anyone with half a brain can see you're a zit-faced teenager who never watched a single live game of Larry Bird. You're wasting everyone's time here with your attention seeking boorish nonsense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast