Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Top 7 players of the 80's.

Curious to see these lists. Was inspired by the 90's thread.

vCash
    Mine would be, in semi-order:

Magic
    Bird
    Kareem
    MJ
    Moses
    Isiah
    Dr. J

Honorable:

Nique
    Drexler
    McHale
    Moncrief
    Karl Malone
    Barkley
    Sampson
    Worthy
    Parish
    Dantley
    English
    Gervin
    Ewing
    King

vCash
    Damn, the 80's was bad ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Damn, the 80's was bad ***.
    Oh yeah! A lot of guys coming up at the end transitioning into the 90's especially made it cool. Like a young Barkley playing on a team with Dr. J and Moses Malone eventually taking over as the star. I am a 90's guy, but going back and watching the 80's and catching the tail end of it was awesome. Those teams and players seemed to really despise each other as well, which made for true rivalries.

vCash
    Bird
    Magic
    Cap
    Zeke
    Moses
    Dr. J
    MJ

vCash
    Magic
    Bird
    Kaj
    Thomas
    Malone
    Dr J
    Mj(just because he was really young)

vCash
    did you know MJ had 4 of the top 5 win share seasons of the 80's? But, since he came in a bit later, I go

Magic
    Bird
    Jordan
    Moses
    KAJ
    Barkley (look at his numbers the last 4 years of the 80's. Beast)

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    did you know MJ had 4 of the top 5 win share seasons of the 80's? But, since he came in a bit later, I go

Magic
    Bird
    Jordan
    Moses
    KAJ
    Pretty good, but KAJ was already starting to decline pretty significantly by 82. It's hard to have him in there over guys who were highly productce but missed a few years.

My list goes:

Magic
    Bird
    Michael
    Barkley
    Moses
    Dream
    Drexler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    Pretty good, but KAJ was already starting to decline pretty significantly by 82. It's hard to have him in there over guys who were highly productce but missed a few years.

My list goes:

Magic
    Bird
    Michael
    Barkley
    Moses
    Dream
    Drexler
    you dropped him for Drexler, who didn't have a single year in the 80's as impressive as KAJ did early. And Drexler, like KAJ, only got in half the decade at all star play. So I am not griping, just disagreeing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash

Magic
    Bird
    Jordan
    Moses
    KAJ
    exactly. he dominated the 80's too.

'84, Jordan- dominates the 80s personally, dominates the 90s in team success.
    '92, Shaq- dominates the 90s personally, dominates the 00's in team success.
    03, LBJ- dominates the 00s personally, dominates the 10s in team success thus far.

i think were onto something with this bridge player theory. being drafted at those given times in the decades allows these players to dominate on an individual level (and against the OLDER most respected soon to be HOF talent at the time), rack personal accolades- then win major championships as top dogs when the league is in a transition period? its seems to be a very nice template for finishing very high up in the all time rankings.
    Last edited by Bruno87; 12-20-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    exactly. he dominated the 80's too.

'84, Jordan- dominates the 80s personally, dominates the 90s in team success.
    '92, Shaq- dominates the 90s personally, dominates the 00's in team success.
    03, LBJ- dominates the 00s personally, dominates the 10s in team success thus far.

i think were onto something with this bridge player theory. being drafted at those given times in the decades allows these players to dominate on an individual level (and against the OLDER most respected soon to be HOF talent at the time), rack personal accolades- then win major championships as top dogs when the league is in a transition period? its seems to be a very nice template for finishing very high up in the all time rankings.
    oh we agree. The bridge players sometimes get stuck in limbo and fall behind those they are clearly better than.

vCash
    oh we agree. The bridge players sometimes get stuck in limbo and fall behind those they are clearly better than.
    is anthony davis the next generations bridge player? '12 draftee, he's dominant now- will be dominate in the 20's as well.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    is anthony davis this generations bridge player? he's dominant now- will be dominate in 20's as well.
    perhaps. Wiggins, Parker or Randle too.

vCash
    I have:

Magic
    Bird
    Moses
    KAJ
    MJ (no titles)
    Dr J
    Dantley

Close but no cigar: Barkley, Moncrief, McHale, Parish

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I have:

Magic
    Bird
    Moses
    KAJ
    MJ (no titles)
    Dr J
    Dantley

Close but no cigar: Barkley, Moncrief, McHale, Parish
    you are a stats guy. How do you have Dr J or Dantley over Chuck?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast