Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

vCash
    Should have signed that 3 year deal with Cleveland last year when he had the chance.

vCash
    Hopefully he does well there. Youk fell off quickly. Obviously everyone expected a decline but I'm not sure if I expected such a steep one.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Nikkan Sports reports that Kevin Youkilis has signed a contract with Japan's Rakuten Golden Eagles.

His agent, Joe Bick, confirmed the report with MLBTradeRumors.com. Youkilis' OPS has dropped for three straight seasons all the way down to .648 in 2013, when he was limited to just 28 games due to injury. Still, it's a bit surprising that no major league team was willing to give him a shot. The 34-year-old is coming off of June back surgery but should be healthy by now.
    roto

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missionh1llpart View Post
    Should have signed that 3 year deal with Cleveland last year when he had the chance.
    This.

His body seems like a fragile mess right now even if he's cleared to play. He'd be hard pressed to even be a DH anymore at the major league level, never mind a 3rd/1st baseman.

His back is screwed.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

vCash
    What is the PED testing situation there? If I remember correctly, it is either nonexistent or extremely lenient. Always was suspicious of Youk, maybe he's trying to mash over there unregulated for a year and get a big DH/1B contract in '15.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PaudBall View Post
    What is the PED testing situation there? If I remember correctly, it is either nonexistent or extremely lenient. Always was suspicious of Youk, maybe he's trying to mash over there unregulated for a year and get a big DH/1B contract in '15.
    I doubt it.

It seems the most he was getting from an ML team was probably a minor league deal, not a 5M deal like he received in Japan.

vCash
    Used to be such a good player, be interesting to see if he can pick it up in Japan.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PaudBall View Post
    What is the PED testing situation there? If I remember correctly, it is either nonexistent or extremely lenient.
    Apparently it is a one year suspension for the first failed test.
    http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articl...fense/12889648