Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Greatest NBA Coach ever?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Auerbach

8 22.22%
  • Pop

15 41.67%
  • Jackson

11 30.56%
  • Riley

2 5.56%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Greatest coach ever

Who you got and why (I know its hard to judge different era's but try)...

There's the obvious options

Auerbach
    Pop
    Jackson
    Riley

Any others deserve to be with that group
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 12-20-2013 at 03:47 AM.

vCash
    Phil of course, but I'm biased

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Phil of course, but I'm biased
    I got to go Pop. Dude brings the best out of every player under him and doesn't need to manage egos cause he gets them to check them at the door for the betterment of the team or he drops you like a bad habit.

vCash
    Popovich,despite last year's bad decision which is his biggest mistake imo.

vCash
    has phil jackson ever made a play call, or personal rotation call that cost his team the NBA Finals trophy?

Pop is the great coach of this era, but his recent blunder and lack of hardware compared to Jackson and Red bump him out of the conversation in my book. you can't make a coaching mistake that costs your team the championship and be considered better then men who have almost tripled your championship tally. not in my book at least.

'better' is in the eye of the beholder, but he's certainly not more accomplished or legendary than Phil or Red. I give Phil the nod over Red because he won all his championships in an era where you had to play four rounds to walk away with the ring. half those 60's Celtics championships had a two round post-seaon. Red may be the greatest overall basketball mind in terms of being able to play GM as well, but if we isolate it strictly on coaching, Phil Jackson is the guy.
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    has phil jackson ever made a play call, or personal rotation call that cost his team the NBA Finals trophy?

Pop is the great coach of this era, but his recent blunder and lack of hardware compared to Jackson and Red bump him out of the conversation in my book. you can't make a coaching mistake that costs your team the championship and be considered better then men who have almost tripled your championship tally. not in my book at least.

'better' is in the eye of the beholder, but he's certainly not more accomplished or legendary than Phil or Red. I give Phil the nod over Red because he won all his championships in an era where you had to play four rounds to walk away with the ring. half those 60's Celtics championships had a two round post-seaon. Red may be the greatest overall basketball mind in terms of being able to play GM as well, but if we isolate it strictly on coaching, Phil Jackson is the guy.
    Solid arguement. I still voted Pop. He maximizes talent and has been extremely successful with multiple schemes taylored to his personnel. One thing all these coaches have had is the best players in NBA history playing on their teams, but Pop is still doing it with a Duncan who is past his prime. Can't say the same for the others...

vCash
    Well i think Pop was the best, but Red would be my pick for the greatest if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    I voted zen master, but man I was torn between him and pop. Can't go wrong with either one.

vCash
    I choose Pop because his in-game adjustments and the way he optimizes the talent that he has is unbelieveable. Auerbach and Jackson have coached some RIDICULOUSLY talented teams with multiple MVP caliber players, while Pop has great talent on his teams as well.....the other two coaches have had better teams.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Tim Duncan is every bit as good as Bill Russell, Shaq, Magic, or Kobe. Pop built his foundation on a top ten all time player and the greatest PF in NBA history who has displayed old school grit and loyalty throughout his career. David Robinson was a great player even in his later days, Tony Parker is a future HOFer and a finals MVP caliber player, Ginobli is possibly the greatest 6th man in league history and the Spurs have been blessed with some of the greatest most clutch role players in NBA history with Robert Horry and Steve Kerr.

Pop had the talent everybody, lets not under emphasize that fact just because San Antonio isn't a huge market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    I choose Pop because his in-game adjustments and the way he optimizes the talent that he has is unbelieveable. Auerbach and Jackson have coached some RIDICULOUSLY talented teams with multiple MVP caliber players, while Pop has great talent on his teams as well.....the other two coaches have had better teams.
    except for in the two most important plays of last years season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikefromMars View Post
    Solid arguement. I still voted Pop. He maximizes talent and has been extremely successful with multiple schemes taylored to his personnel. One thing all these coaches have had is the best players in NBA history playing on their teams, but Pop is still doing it with a Duncan who is past his prime. Can't say the same for the others...
    championship or bust man. Pop hasn't done it with Duncan since 2007. he blundered last years renaissance by out smarting himself and sitting the man who's the anchor of it all on the most important defensive possession of the season. he doesn't get a pass there.
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-20-2013 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    I think if Duncan is in that game at the end of game 6 Bosh doesn't get that rebound and the outcome would be different.

vCash
    Don't know much about Auerbach I can only comment on the coaches I've watched and Pop was my choice hands down between the other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iDefend10 View Post
    I think if Duncan is in that game at the end of game 6 Bosh doesn't get that rebound and the outcome would be different.
    you, me, and everybody else man. pop lost last years championship for the spurs, they had it won. the trophy was already rolled out on to the floor.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast