Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

George Hill, you scare me

Hello fellow Pacer fans, long time follower, first time poster. I love this years team, i like many of you follow this team with a passion, and i want to enjoy this year, but man it is hard to not think in my head that G Hill is gonna be a large reason why we wont win a championship. i feel that he can get us past the east with his average production, but a 7 game series with the heat..... or even a finals match up against spurs (parker), thunder (westbrook), blazers (lilliard), or the clips (paul). i was estatic when we got Hill, but at the time i thought he was gonna be our, harden W/ okc, ginobli, or jamal crawford. but as our starting PG is another story. we saw it last year against miami, if he did well we won, if he slacked we lost. he looked timid last tuesday against miami. ive kept a constant eye on the rondo rumors, grangers return, and stephensons development. reason being bc when granger comes back maybe we would be better off with stephenson at PG and hill on the bench. or maybe make a move for rondo. i promise this isnt bc of any losses, just purely that he scares me. i hope this is the year. tell me what u guys think, sorry if it seems im ranting. but i cant be the only one

vCash
    My only thing is look at the guys you mentioned....then some all time greats like Stockton and Nash to the list and you have only Parker with a ring. I'm all for upgrading Hill who seems to have taken a down turn in almost every aspect of his game, but not at the cost of getting someone who must have the ball to be effective. We do that and PG turns into a set shooter, Lance turns into a spectator, Roy must clear the lane for a driving point guard and suddenly our offense looks completely different than what has got us to the top of the east and 1-1 vs the only other competition right now.

I think Westbrook is the reason that KD will never win a championship if you want me to be honest, when Westbrook goes on a roll KD is suddenly a spectator and extremely talented decoy....and a guy like Rondo would be a dream addition on defense, but we suddenly have 0 outside shooting from the point and mediocre at best mid range, so spacing the defense goes to hell....we also loose an off the ball shooter giving defenses more options for help down low and on double teams, and the team starts to expect him to make plays for them instead of going and making plays for themselves....which is fine when he is playing well, but just like a car when your engine starts running bad you can't go anywhere.

Hill looks like he has taken a major step back this year so I'm not going to champion him like I have in the past. I thought his injuries were taking a toll on him and being banged up was a big reason he was suffering last year, but it almost seems like he forgot how to play defense like he did his first year here and in SA, at times on offense it seems like he makes the wrong choice on purpose....we expect crazy from Lance and calm from Hill. I just think a Hill type of combo point is what we need....someone who is fine scoring 8-10 and only shooting 5-10 times, but can go for 20 once or twice a month when others slump. As long as we have at least a decent off ball shooter, who can defend, and doesn't turn the ball over they will work in this system...it sadly looks like Hill only has one of those 3 right now.

I personally think maybe try Watson in those situations, or even switch the guard positions and have Lance run the point in crunch and let Hill spot up behind the arc...or maybe not run a play at the end of the game where a point tries to drive and force the ball to a covered PG....or if we are going to do that let it be Lance who could make a pass like that. There are stretches it seems that Lance is splitting point duties with Hill then they go away from it after seeing it works.

vCash
    I really do think we need to be grooming Lance as our PG of the future. He is a sure fire cutter, who can push the play quickly and has much better court vision than Hill. He is the leading assist man on our team from the SG position. Hill could switch to SG and Granger, when healthy, could play bigger gaurds from the SG position and back-up both SG and SF spots.

I also wouldnt mind Hill coming off the bench if Granger was for sure healthy enough to contribute from the SG spot. Then we may actually have the best bench in the NBA;

PG: Watson
    SG: Hill
    SF: S.Hill/OJ/Copeland/Butler
    PF: Scola
    C: Mahinmi

otherwise the only way i see us improving this year is playing Granger to raise his value and trading him for a PG or SG before the deadline.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Check this out....

Pacers G George Hill tells http://Peegs.com he hasn't heard anything yet regarding a possible trade. Rumors floating about today ...
    https://twitter.com/JeffRabjohns/sta...06812212682752

#iubb

vCash
    I have not seen any tweets/posts/stories about trade rumors today...or just in general, involving George Hill. But that would be REALLY interesting.

My thinking is any trade would involve George Hill, Orlando Johnson, and future picks...for an upgrade at starting PG.

We'll see....

#iubb

vCash
    nvm. it was an international business post involving Rondo for Granger/Hill/a future 1st. Sounds like nothing serious, after digging through twitter saw a few notable NBA/pacers writers shoot it down. Doesn't make sense giving up W's now for a return in February...

#iubb

vCash
    I disagree. I think Hill can help us win a championship. He is still a solid winning ball player. When people say "he isnt a good pg, we need to trade for one" I don't think they fully understand our offense. It doesn't need a true pg. We run our offense through the post, and through Paul George.

And to go along with the trade rumors(?) I don't think Larry will trade Hill. He is a winner, and Larry likes Hill's leadership. If there is going to be a trade it will be Chris Copeland. His contract isnt big but it would assist us in resigning Lance.