Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers sign Kendall Marshall - Woj

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m
    Y! Sources: Lakers agree to deal with point guard Kendall Marshall of Delaware in D-League. http://yhoo.it/1gJvhRV

vCash
    Good move, boggles the mind, but good move.

If you remember the justification for not adding him was Dantoni didn't see a spot in the rotation for another pg, Kobe and x would just handle it last week. That's like the dumbass reasoning last year of passing up Kenyon and Bridman when our bigs were hurt because Metta and Clark would just handle the spot next to Dwight according to Pringles.

vCash
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
    Kendall Marshall was in Austin, Tex., with Delaware 87ers and catching a flight to Los Angeles tonight to join Lakers, sources tell Yahoo.

Is this guy gonna play tomorrow?

vCash
    Wow, great move. I actually like this kid. Thought the Suns gave up on him too early.

vCash
    Nice find JSthornton. Your quick dude!

vCash
    More just luck really lol

I like Marshall as well in relation to our options. I hope he can play defense.

vCash
    His very last game with the Suns he had 14 dimes and 0 turnovers.

vCash
    He was the 13th pick last year. Only played 48 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    His very last game with the Suns he had 14 dimes and 0 turnovers.
    I'm sure it will only help him playing in D'Antoni's system.

vCash
    Dynasty

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Let me just say that I know Marshall personally.

I coach basketball in Woodbridge Virginia and have played with/against or been around him playing ball at least 100 times. I also know his family.

First, he is a top notch kid, with a great attitude.

Second the kid REALLY REALLY wanted to stay in the NBA this season. He has been working his butt off to get back. He had a few overseas offers and passed in order to make an NBA squad, and he really believed it would happen.

That may not matter to you guys, but I wanted to speak well of the kid, his family and his character.

I also think that he will contribute as a solid role player. He will be a low turnover/good decision point guard. He has also been putting in a LOT of time working on his 3 point shot, so we will see how that develops. I will not be surprised to see him do well within this system. I wish him the best.
    Last edited by DC Laker; 12-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Wow, great move. I actually like this kid. Thought the Suns gave up on him too early.
    Most of the players playing with the Lakers now have been rejected from their previous teams. Hill,Nick, etc. this move is a very slow and kind of late move by Jimbaco! Maybe he wanted to wait for Kobe to go down again. He is capable!

vCash
    Marshall's stats in the D-League (and I emphasize it's the D-League) this year:

19.4 PPG, 9.6 APG, 4.7 RPG in 7 games

He is 22 years old.

vCash
    On a serious note tho, I think the Lakers got a good deal here, this guy has great court vision and has a chance to learn from an all time great point guard like Steve Nash. Guy is still super young, I don't really know why suns gave up on him so early, chemistry issues maybe? Idk..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    the guy has potential and good size. It would be something if he can step in and become a legit starting pg, it would fit with the story this year of us picking up first rounders who were given up on by their previous teams and then they come here and produce at a high level.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast