Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lin for Pau?

vCash

Lin for Pau?

Kobe will be out at least 6 weeks with a fractured tibia... doesn't this essentially mean they're out of point guards?

Would a Lin for Pau deal benefit both sides now?

If that trade were to be made, would we focus more on trading Asik for upstart PG's and draft picks only?

Raising Jersey's first, trophies and banners next...

vCash
    No

vCash

vCash
    i like the one where we give up like 7 players for Pau. In all seriousness, theres no way I would want Pau on this team.

vCash
    Pau and Dwight did great together last year. .. Also where is that other 11 million coming from to match salaries?

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    This is a horrible, horrible idea. I loved Pau in his prime, but this is not the same guy. And he and Dwight clearly did not mesh well together last season. I blame a lot of that on Kobe and D'Antoni, but I also don't welcome it in Houston. Frankly, Lin has more value than Pau does at this stage in their careers, and LA doesn't have the assets to acquire Lin without giving up 1st round picks in the process.

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post
    Kobe will be out at least 6 weeks with a fractured tibia... doesn't this essentially mean they're out of point guards?

Would a Lin for Pau deal benefit both sides now?

If that trade were to be made, would we focus more on trading Asik for upstart PG's and draft picks only?

Lol! Is the initial sound.......click clang ......then dead silence follows that phone call

Lin sucks, and he's not a point guard, and Houston is not getting out of that balloon payment

vCash
    I'm so sick and tired of hearing about those "baloon payments". That's not even a thing. Do people realize that while Lin and Asik will get paid 15 million next year, they're getting paid just 5 million this season and the team that gets one of them will pay only half of it?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of hearing about those "baloon payments". That's not even a thing. Do people realize that while Lin and Asik will get paid 15 million next year, they're getting paid just 5 million this season and the team that gets one of them will pay only half of it?
    Wrong! The team has to pay all of it, except that only half counts towards that year's cap & Lux tax. Even if traded at next year's deadline, neither Asik or Lin is worth that much for half a year's service
    Last edited by Jazzgear; 12-20-2013 at 03:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgear View Post
    Lol! Is the initial sound.......click clang ......then dead silence follows that phone call

Lin sucks, and he's not a point guard, and Houston is not getting out of that balloon payment
    Please explain to me how he sucks and is not a point guard?

vCash
    Wrong! The team has to pay all of it, except that only half counts towards that year's cap & Lux tax. Even if traded at next year's deadline, neither Asik or Lin is worth that much for half a year's service
    How is that wrong? He signed a 25 million contract making 5/5/15 million each year. He got paid 5 million last season, he will get paid 5 million this season, and 15 next season. While the team that gets him will have to pay him big next year, they will only pay him like 3-4 million this year. We're talking about 18-19 million in those two years. That's just 9-9.5 million a year. He would get more in the open market, that's for sure.

vCash
    Edu, don't respond to him, he is a troll. I know he had been warned before about it and I just reported him. Hopefully he will get a ban.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    That's why I don't go to the main forum anymore. Too many of those clueless posters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    How is that wrong? He signed a 25 million contract making 5/5/15 million each year. He got paid 5 million last season, he will get paid 5 million this season, and 15 next season. While the team that gets him will have to pay him big next year, they will only pay him like 3-4 million this year. We're talking about 18-19 million in those two years. That's just 9-9.5 million a year. He would get more in the open market, that's for sure.
    The issue is that big balloon payment, not his current yearly salary. It's the same problem with Asik, according to many insider reports....and Asik is worth more than Lin. No one is paying Lin $15. The a Rockets grossly overpaid him and over played their hand.

vCash
    The issue is that big balloon payment, not his current yearly salary. It's the same problem with Asik, according to many insider reports....and Asik is worth more than Lin. No one is paying Lin $15. The a Rockets grossly overpaid him and over played their hand.
    Oh ****!! Seriously you may wanna sue your school, they did a really poor job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast