Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Thad Young Requests Trade

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/1...-nba-omer-asik

Apparently Thad has wanted out. I think it's good that it was kept under wraps.

I'll actually be sad to see him go.

Can we keep this as a place to put all and any trade rumors involving Thad? I think with this being out we'll see many many rumors about trades.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 12-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.

vCash
    I kind of suspected he wanted out and had made it known to the team. The other day reports said he was really pissed off at practice and had a private chat with Brown. He then talked to reporters and was saying some bad things about some of the young players and the losing and all that. It was extremely unlike Thad to voice out his frustrations like that.

I'll be sad to see him go too. Thad's a good player and a true professional. He's always given us 100%. I hope we can get him to a contender. But more importantly, I hope we can trade him for some picks. Do it Hinkie!

vCash
    read this earlier too. i feel for the guy, i really do. hes been here 7 years now and we are at our lowest point since from a competitive standpoint that has to get a guy like Thad. He gives it 200% no matter what but when he sits back and thinks about he has to ask himself what for? knowing this team is built to lose right now.

vCash
    I got that feeling from the Philly.com article.

vCash
    Warfelg, I changed the thread title. Hope you don't mind

vCash
    Don't mind at all.

I had a feeling that this was going to come from one of Hawes, ET or Thad before the season started. I'm sad that it'a Thad that asked out. He was always the quiet glue guy that never ruffled feathers and was great for the community. But at the same time I'm not shocked. Thad is really professional and I think the way some of the young guys have accepted loosing has gotten to them.

I just really hope some of his work ethic rubbed off on Noel and MCW before he leaves.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m83snww

So I'm starting to throw around trade Ideas that get us something of value and puts Thad on a contender. Here's attempt #1 that gets Thad on one and is helpful to all parties. Add is at least one first coming our way from somewhere.

vCash
    My question is this:

What does Thad have to complain about?

He's overpaid and plays a bigger role here than he'd play on a winning team.

Does he want to work less for the money he already doesn't deserve?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    My question is this:

Did you read it at all? He's basically given up on helping the young guy because they are all putting their best interests before working hard. They aren't being professional.

And the more you read it's seeming like Thad is a good deal. I think he's paid about right. David Lee gives you the same with a little less D and gets paid $13 mil a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m83snww

So I'm starting to throw around trade Ideas that get us something of value and puts Thad on a contender. Here's attempt #1 that gets Thad on one and is helpful to all parties. Add is at least one first coming our way from somewhere.
    I like what were getting back here and I can see the warriors wanting to get out of Lee contract but I think the Warriors would want more cap relief and probably a little more talent as well. Might need another trade partner than the Bobcats.

vCash
    Like I said, attempt #1. It will get better the more I look around. I don't think that going one-on-one with a team that's winning is going to get us good value. We're going to have to find an up and coming team that can expend good you players to us, to get a #3 type from the better team, and ship Thad to the best team in the trade.

vCash
    i like that trade if pick(s) come our way. Benefits everyone a lot and puts Bobcats into the playoffs for sure too while GSW would have no drop off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    My question is this:

He is not overpaid, he got fair value when you look at his production. 8 million a year is nor bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Hopefully Thad is traded to a contender(for future first!). He deserves to play for a real winner. He has been nothing, but professional and productive since he got here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    He is not overpaid, he got fair value when you look at his production. 8 million a year is nor bad at all.
    Shhh. Didn't you know anyone making more than $5 million a year and not putting up 20/10/5 is a bust?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast