Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

IGT: Columbus Blue Jackets at Philadelphia Flyers

Time: 7:00pm
    Place: Wells Fargo Center

Game Notes:

- Ryan Johansen leads CBJ with 27 points; he has a 9 game point streak going.
    - A lot of injuries to key players for CBJ, including Gaborik, Bobrovsky, Wisniewski, and Boll.
    - CBJ is 2 points behind the Flyers in the Metro.
    - Flyers bring an unimpressive 3-3-2 mark in December into this game.
    - Flyers top line of Raffl/Giroux/Voracek has been hot of late.
    - Mark Streit has scored a goal in back-to-back games.
    - Mason gets the start tonight, his first game against his former team.
    - Brayden Schenn WILL play tonight after taking that brutal hit two nights ago against WSH.

vCash
    Will say I am somewhat surprised Mason is starting tonight. I know it's his former team, but they are playing CBJ Saturday in Columbus, and I guess I thought that would be the game he would want to play.

Maybe he plays them both, I don't know, but Razor generally gets one game a week.

Just curious is all; I'm sure there's nothing more to it than Mason bouncing back his last game and earning this start.

vCash
    Also hoping they aren't rushing Schenn back tonight. I DON'T like the fact that he was not tested for a concussion. I don't see how a guy can take a hit like that, stumble 2-3 times trying to get back to the bench, not remember anything but going into the boards, and not at least be tested for a concussion.

They better hope this isn't more serious than they are leading us to believe. Schenn is at his best when he is physical, and if he has a concussion and takes a big hit, or is still feeling a bit off and decides to play a less physical brand of hockey, he is either going to miss a lot of time or be rendered ineffective while playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Also hoping they aren't rushing Schenn back tonight. I DON'T like the fact that he was not tested for a concussion. I don't see how a guy can take a hit like that, stumble 2-3 times trying to get back to the bench, not remember anything but going into the boards, and not at least be tested for a concussion.

They better hope this isn't more serious than they are leading us to believe. Schenn is at his best when he is physical, and if he has a concussion and takes a big hit, or is still feeling a bit off and decides to play a less physical brand of hockey, he is either going to miss a lot of time or be rendered ineffective while playing.
    i think they are banking on he is still young ... because i agree with you ... my old bones couldn't take that without concussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    i think they are banking on he is still young ... because i agree with you ... my old bones couldn't take that without concussion
    Hes younger than me by 2 months and i know i couldnt take that hit without being concussed lol.

Heres to hoping hes ok..

vCash
    Outshoot CBJ 14-4, completely dominate 5 on 5...and they are down 1-0.

I hate games like that.

vCash
    Just turned the game on when Jake drew the penalty. Raffl stood out in the last couple minutes there. His speed helps that line tremendously.

vCash
    Really starting to wonder if this team is ever going to get above .500 this season. ****in ridiculous.

vCash
    they aren't

i keep thinking to myself ... jake is noticeably slower on the back-check or in his dzone than he is in the offensive zone ... lol ...

does anyone think that he is faster than what he showed when chasing skille? i think he was assuming a save an pulled up to turn up ice ...

vCash
    we are also the worst team all time with line changes ...

vCash
    I know that was a god awful period, but Mason has been pretty average tonight. Not happy with what I have seen from him.

Meanwhile the goalie down the other end is giving up rebounds left and right and the Flyers cant cash in.

vCash
    Games like this just make you realize how average this team is. Dominate the 1st period but since you're down play like crap in the 2nd period. A chance to move into playoff position on home ice, just brutal.

vCash
    Jesus Hartnell.

vCash
    3-2 now. 12 to play. There's a chance.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Nevermind

This team isn't very good.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast