Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Isaiah Canaan D-League thread

So, I know we all have bigger fish to fry as far as the Rockets are concerned, but I think we were all pretty thrilled when the Rockets got Canaan on draft night. I was curious to see how he was performing since being assigned to the D-League, and I was pretty pleased with his statistical production.

Through 10 games, Canaan is averaging 21.4 points, 8.7 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 1.2 steals on .447/.390/.800 shooting percentages. He's second on the team in scoring and first in assists.

I realize that doesn't mean much of anything, but it's still really promising to see him performing at a high level. If he continues to play well and prove himself at that level, he could feasibly get some time at the NBA level later in the season if the Rockets go through some injury issues at PG. Terrence Jones proved himself there last season, and now he's getting his shot and has earned a spot in the rotation. Canaan will get a chance, too, if he keeps this up...

vCash
    The kid can shoot. That alone is a good start to get a chance with the Rockets.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I wonder if he gets a call up soon if Bev's injury is legit.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    He has to be called up. You can't roll with just AB, especially with Harden also banged-up. Let's see how big is the injury tomorrow, Beverley out would be a major loss and we could start thinking about moving Asik for some guard help.

vCash
    Houston Rockets point guard Patrick Beverley fractured his right hand during the team's 114-97 win against the Detroit Pistons on Saturday night in Auburn Hills, Mich.

According to the Houston Chronicle, the second-year player suffered a break to his fourth metacarpal and likely will be sidelined four to six weeks. Beverley had 10 points and two assists in 15 minutes against the Pistons before leaving.

The injury is the latest to hit Houston's backcourt.

Leading scorer James Harden sat out Saturday night's game with a sprained right ankle. The All-Star guard is averaging 23.9 points per game, although he was held to only 12 in Friday's 114-81 loss at Indiana.

Jeremy Lin, meanwhile, missed his fourth straight game due to back spasms.
    We can't catch a break.

vCash
    so many injuries... I wonder how long Smith will be out.

vCash
    Looks like he's getting the call up for tonight....

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...from-d-league/
    With Pat Beverley (fractured right hand) out and James Harden (sprained ankle) and Jeremy Lin (back spasms) considered day-to-day, the Rockets will call up rookie Isaiah Canaan from the NBA Development League. Canaan averaged 21.7 points and 9.2 assists with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

Harden missed Saturday’s game against the Pistons. Lin missed the past four games. He had missed six games with a sprained and bruised knee and returned for two before going out again. Center Omer Asik (knee soreness) and Greg Smith (sprained knee) are out.

“We got to get everybody healthy,” Rockets coach Kevin McHale said. “We have to get everybody playing well when they are healthy. We haven’t had Omer in a long time. Jeremy Lin has been out for a long time. We’ve had other guys in and out of the lineup. Hopefully, if we can get everybody healthy and get a nine-, 10-man rotation down, then everybody would know when they’re going to come in and the amount of minutes they’re going to play.”
    I'm looking forward to seeing him get minutes.

vCash
    Harden ruled out for tonight. What a terrible week to play 5 games, huh?

vCash
    Dirk gets the ball, every official's whistle gets a blowjob.

vCash

Isaiah Canaan D-League thread

Canaan is the real deal. I watched him in person his entire college career and I'm excited to see him get his chance