Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Reggie Evans.

vCash

Reggie Evans.

Do you think that If Kidd told Reggie, "If you get an offensive rebound and don't pass the ball out to a teammate, you're benched for 5 games", it might help?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Do you think that If Kidd told Reggie, "If you get an offensive rebound and don't pass the ball out to a teammate, you're benched for 5 games", it might help?
    It's so painful watching him play. Ever see him try to pass a ball when no one is guarding him; I feel like I'm watching an 8-yr old playing scared and not know what to do with the ball. He is a liability on the court that's why he is not getting any playing time and I 100% agree with Kidd not playing him. This is the same reason why the Clippers got rid of him.

I would love to trade for Asik...he would help us immensely on the offensive and defensive rebounds. He would be able to take those offensive rebounds and actually put them back for point unlike Evans. He also gives us some younger fresh legs for this older team.

Asik, playing center, with Blatche playing PF would be a good combo, along with Pierce as our second unit.

Depth Chart
    PG: Dwill...Livingston...Taylor
    SG: Anderson...JJ
    SF: JJ...Pierce...Kirilenko
    PF: KG...Blatche...Mirza
    C: Lopez...Asik...Plumlee

vCash
    No need to trade for Asik because it would probably mean we would have to surrender Plumlee who I think ultimately will be a better player. We need more athleticism/perimeter defense even though our rebounding is putrid Size isn't the answer.

vCash
    He shouldn't be a scapegoat. Our team is old. Can't run. That's the problem. It's tough watching games against teams led by a young star pg and a couple of other athletic guys on the wings. Put in Nene/Bynum/etc. and we get destroyed. I think Nets lose a 4 game series against these teams. It's crazy; we can play better against veteran superstar teams like the Heat but struggle mightily against young athletic teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceteawithlemon View Post
    He shouldn't be a scapegoat. Our team is old. Can't run. That's the problem. It's tough watching games against teams led by a young star pg and a couple of other athletic guys on the wings. Put in Nene/Bynum/etc. and we get destroyed. I think Nets lose a 4 game series against these teams. It's crazy; we can play better against veteran superstar teams like the Heat but struggle mightily against young athletic teams.
    Not making Reggie a scapegoat. He's just not rebounding aggressively, and when he gets an offensive rebound, he might as well not as the ball will soon belong to the opposition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    Not making Reggie a scapegoat. He's just not rebounding aggressively, and when he gets an offensive rebound, he might as well not as the ball will soon belong to the opposition.
    As right as you are, Reggie should at LEAST get 10 minutes a game. He does 2 things not one other person does on this team. He HUSTLES and REBOUNDS. That's how he contributed last year and that's what this team is missing right now

vCash
    If the nets doesnt want Evans, why will the Rockets be willing to trade Asik for him ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle86 View Post
    As right as you are, Reggie should at LEAST get 10 minutes a game. He does 2 things not one other person does on this team. He HUSTLES and REBOUNDS. That's how he contributed last year and that's what this team is missing right now
    In the minutes he's played this season, I really haven't seen much of either