Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Gordon Hayward's Future?

Not sure what the details are, but it seems like Hayward is looking for a huge contract. Do you guys think we should match any offer? Or let him walk if the asking price is a max? Hayward is not a sure "go to" type of player but he is a really good well rounded player. I think for us to succeed, we need to keep him but at what cost is too much?

vCash
    we have to see what he gets. he isn't worth a max, but I would pay him 12 million.

vCash
    He's worth Utah money. Not max, but I see 10-12 mil per for 4 years.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I think the jazz should just let him walk if Trey Burke is going to be super good. If any current Jazz player deserves max money, it's him. The last thing I want is to be in a financial bind when it comes times to sign Burke to an extension.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    the longest contract hayward could sign this offseason is 5 years if we give him a full max and that is unlikley. so if he signs a 4 year deal from someone else burke can't sign a new contract for 3 years so whatever he signs it will not impact our ability to sign burke

vCash
    I'm willing to over pay on him if he's worth it we will know by seasons end. Whoever we draft will be on a rookie contract until Hayward expires in unless he gets a 5 yr deal. So if we need to sign Parker Wiggins or someone to a max it should be feasible.

vCash
    I wish we could kick the tires a little before the trade deadline so we knew what his value is. It would suck to loose him for nothing. I'd bet someone would give us another 1st rounder for him.

vCash
    IMO the Jazz will either trade Hayward by the deadline or they will sign him no matter the cost in the offseason. I just cannot see DL being so dumb as to let another team steal him with a posion pill contract or the Jazz just letting him walk. I think Hayward will get around 13-14 mill from the Jazz next year, just my opinion.

vCash
    44mil for 4 years.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Keep em, Portland will offer a front loaded contract and we will match, which will actually help us in the future...

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    I think the Jazz already proved that they have no interest in over paying Hayward. They put the onus on Gordon to prove he could command a big deal this season and so far Gordon has been a good all around guy but not a first or second best guy on the team. Simply put, if another team is willing to overpay I think the Jazz play smart money ball and let that team drop a bad deal around their necks.

Would I love to keep Gordon? Absolutely. But I don't think we should match anything ridiculous. (of course, most FA deals are lunacy) Hopefully Gordon will evaluate his body of work at the end of this season and want to remain with his band of brothers.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Is there a contender out there that might do something to what the Warriors did for Iguodala? Where they don't have the cap room but offer picks and expiring in a sign and trade? Hayward being the competitor that he is may be looking to put himself in a safe situation where he can go deep into the playoffs. I want him to stick around but like others have said, I don't want to overpay to keep him.

vCash
    hayward is worth more then iggy. Also hayward is restricted so we have far more leverage then what the nuggets had last season

vCash
    I think there is a 95% chance we match any offer that comes. I can see a team throw max money at him. If so, I hate to say it, but see ya later G time. He is not max money talent. Nothing personal, but if he is the "face of the franchise" that is pathetic. Gordon is supposed to lead us past Lebron or Durrant in a 7 game series? No, never, not close, laughable. Get serious, we need a real franchise player. A franchise player has to be able to take over the game when needed. The franchise player must be a perennial all-star. Otherwise we are trapped among the mediocre small market teams of the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic11 View Post
    I think there is a 95% chance we match any offer that comes. I can see a team throw max money at him. If so, I hate to say it, but see ya later G time. He is not max money talent. Nothing personal, but if he is the "face of the franchise" that is pathetic. Gordon is supposed to lead us past Lebron or Durrant in a 7 game series? No, never, not close, laughable. Get serious, we need a real franchise player. A franchise player has to be able to take over the game when needed. The franchise player must be a perennial all-star. Otherwise we are trapped among the mediocre small market teams of the NBA.
    The more I think about it, the more I think the Jazz have to sign Hayward if the team is going to be competitive. Sure he may be overpaid if someone throws a max at him but to lose a good player to possibly add a good player from the draft doesn't make us any better or a contender imo.

I hope we can land a high draft pick and resign Hayward. I would also be open to trading Kanter if we could get good vets/draft picks back if he doesn't significantly improve by the time the season is over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast