Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cool tool for looking at next year's cap situation.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Patriots

Found this. It's pretty cool because you can play around and see what kind of cap situation the Pats will be in next year.

Just looking at it, have to think that Wilfork either gets cut or restructed. Cutting him frees up a whopping 8 mil in cap space, more than doubling the Pats cap space.

Cutting Wilfork, Connolly, Sopoaga, and A. Wilson would give the Pats $21,727,111 in cap space, with 48 players on the roster (and cutting them wouldn't hurt future cap at all).

Talib, Edelman, Spikes, and Blount are the major FAs we have this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post

Found this. It's pretty cool because you can play around and see what kind of cap situation the Pats will be in next year.

Just looking at it, have to think that Wilfork either gets cut or restructed. Cutting him frees up a whopping 8 mil in cap space, more than doubling the Pats cap space.

Cutting Wilfork, Connolly, Sopoaga, and A. Wilson would give the Pats $21,727,111 in cap space, with 48 players on the roster (and cutting them wouldn't hurt future cap at all).

I agree with restructuring Wilfork and cutting those other players. Does a great deal for us in terms of cap space.

Re0signing Talib and Edelman look like musts as long as the contract demands aren't absurd, and I want Blount back. Spikes is likely gone IMO (Mayo-Hightower-Collins) and Wendell very well might be gone as well after the poor season he's had.

vCash
    Wow that's an awesome program. Thank you for sharing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I think you could add Steve Gregory and Tommy Kelly to the list. Gregory has had a decent season overall but Duron Harmon has looked capable of bringing the same performance already and he still projects to improve with experience. We can find a cheaper backup S than Gregory. Tommy Kelly saves about $3 million to cut. Coming off an injury I'd rather try to sign another DT. Adding those guys to the list of cuts brings our cap room up to about

Randy Starks is the guy I'll be clamoring for all offseason so just get ready for it. He's played 4-3 NT, 4-3 UT, 3-4 NT and 3-4 DE for MIA. BB has gushed about him before. All round great player. I think he's an awesome fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash

Collins is still a rookie he is not going anywhere! Wilfork cut and then signed to a nee cap friendly deal. i think mankins is gone, Production is not worth the money. Those 2 cuts would save a lot of cap space. Hopefully we can win the case and retrieve Hernandez cap space

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think you could add Steve Gregory and Tommy Kelly to the list. Gregory has had a decent season overall but Duron Harmon has looked capable of bringing the same performance already and he still projects to improve with experience. We can find a cheaper backup S than Gregory. Tommy Kelly saves about $3 million to cut. Coming off an injury I'd rather try to sign another DT. Adding those guys to the list of cuts brings our cap room up to about

Randy Starks is the guy I'll be clamoring for all offseason so just get ready for it. He's played 4-3 NT, 4-3 UT, 3-4 NT and 3-4 DE for MIA. BB has gushed about him before. All round great player. I think he's an awesome fit here.

Loved what Kelly was doing pre-injury. Risky to not cut him and bank on him coming back from the injury, but hopefully they at least give him a shot. He was playing like the best player on the line early this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Collins is still a rookie he is not going anywhere! Wilfork cut and then signed to a nee cap friendly deal. i think mankins is gone, Production is not worth the money. Those 2 cuts would save a lot of cap space. Hopefully we can win the case and retrieve Hernandez cap space
    Mmmmm, Hernandez's delicsious cap space. I want.

Honestly, I would be surprised if we got that back but who knows. Huge win if we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post

I'd classify Wendell and Hooman as equally or more "major" than Blount.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post

Honestly, I would be surprised if we got that back but who knows. Huge win if we do.
    Pats waivedt him, I don't think the NFL gives us a dime. We'd have had to have kept him and then the lawyers go to work.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

I have Gregory as better than decent. He might get renegotiated but not cut. Kelly is very likely a goner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    I think he was suggesting Collins was starting at LB next yeat - not to cut him.

Mankins hit is too steep to take for 2014 IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post

there's absolutely no chance we get it back

and there's not really a point in cutting mankins unless you think you can find a better replacement for 2.5 mil

vCash

Maybe renegotiate Mankins.

i dont know how we have no chance of getting Hernandez off the cap space, his contract is not gettig paid and the patriots are lookin to retrieve his guaranteed money and signing bonus. So technically that contract would never have existed.
    Last edited by JerseyBrave; 12-19-2013 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    I feel like you guys are always talking about cap space but never want to sign anyone. Pats have managed the cap and will allow themselves to be relevant after Brady is gone but that's basically it. If a good name isn't signed every now and then I feel like this will be a team that gets in the playoffs every year and gets bounced in the first round.

vCash

I honestly see the Patriots gearing up in the offseason for one final push for a superbowl, for BB and Brady

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast