Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Omer Asik Thread

Latest on him :

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
    Teams dropping out of Asik sweepstakes quickly, league sources say. Rival execs say it's a Boston-Houston deal. No Jeff Green. Bass, Lee

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
    Boston is going to have to sweeten it with a draft pick. Both sides going back and forth over which one, sources say.

Seems like he's coming here .
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash

Omer Asik Thread

We have a huge weakness in the paint. Teams get to the rim at will on us and we have no rim protectors. Asik changes all that, i like the deal

We have sully and olynk and humphries, bass can go

We have bradley, crawford, marshon brooks, lee can go.

vCash
    One thing i know - a lineup of Rondo/Bradley/Green/Sully/Asik can't score .

Other trades are going to happen for sure ,and even Asik can be traded this season.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post

Other trades are going to happen for sure ,and even Asik can be traded this season.
    I disagree. A pretty darn good complimentary lineup. Your top scorers are Sully and Green, with Bradley and Rondo right behind.

Asik compliments Sully & Olynyk's game pretty darn well. Just what the doctor ordered.

Sully/Olynyk/Hump
    Asik/Hump/Faverani

Pretty darn good rotation of bigs IMO

vCash
    Last 7 games
    Bradley:15.4
    Sullinger: 15.9
    Green:16.1
    Asik and rondo don't have to score and they will be fine and rondo is very capible scorer. Its a defensive trade. And 7 ft legit centers are very hard to come by and when you can get them you see what it will cost. In this case not that much depending on the pick lee and bass's roles can easily be filled with player's already on the roster.

vCash

Omer Asik Thread

Rondo/Pressey
    Bradley/Crawford/Brooks
    Green/Wallace
    Sully/Olynyk/Humphries
    Asik/Faverani

Good depth and better defensive and rebounding team

vCash

Who would you rather have in that line-up then...??? The C's are already 24th or 25th in the league for team scoring... And that's with Sully at the 5...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash

Omer Asik Thread

Do we really not have a game thread???

Smh

CUZ THAT SULLY TIP IN WAS CRAZY!!
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 12-18-2013 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    Bass, Lee and a pick does a lot of good things for us.

We used our MLE to sign Faverani and Pressey so we aren't allowed to go over the luxury tax threshold. We're under $1 million away from it. This deal would clears $3.3 million in salary for us this year. That gives us a little flexibility to take on a little more salary than we give out in another deal.

Looking ahead the deal clears about $4.1 million on next season's salary.

If we bring back Pressey for under $1 million and release Keith Bogans (he has a non-guaranteed contract after this year), our total salary stands at $57,759,875 for 11 players according to Spotrac's numbers. This trade shaves about $4.1 million off that number. Why is that relevant? It gives us the ability to use the full value of the trade exception we got in the Paul Pierce trade AND use our MLE. If we keep Bass and Lee using both of those would put us over the luxury tax which you're not allowed to be if you use the full MLE. So even if we don't use the salary savings to our advantage in this trade deadline, the benefit carries over to another season. And then for the following season after that it takes Courtney Lee's deal off the books and gives you bird rights on a pretty decent C.

Brandon Bass is a PF. Jared Sullinger is a PF. Kelly Olynyk is a PF. Kris Humphries is a PF (although he doesn't really factor into our future beyond this year other than in a trade). Bass gives us up to 30 minutes per game of really solid PF play. Asik brings up to 30 minutes per game of really solid PF play. We need that 30 minutes of solid C play more than we need 30 minutes of solid PF play. A front court of Sully/Olynyk at the 4 and Asik/Faverani at the 5 has major potential IMO. If Sullinger and Olynyk progress like I think they can that's a championship caliber front court IMO. Very solid overall as a unit in all areas.

Rondo coming back is going to take away minutes from every guard in the rotation at least somewhat. Courtney Lee is averaging 16.7 minutes per game. If you take away minutes from that he's barely a factor. Definitely worth giving up to improve your rotation at a more important spot. The 2015 LAC 1st round pick has minimal value. They're a really good team that's going to be picking late. An injury or some crazy situation could change that I guess but the chances are low. It's not an overly valuable piece. Combined with Lee, I think the price is well worth the upgrade swapping Bass for Asik brings to our front court (when considering how the fit compliments the games of our younger pieces for the future).

So long as Danny holds firm on making it the LAC pick and not our 2015 pick, ESPECIALLY not one of the 2014 picks (both project to be no later than 23 IMO and it's a pretty deep class) I really, really like this trade for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash

I think you are definitely underrating Sully's, Green's and Bradley's newfound abilities to score. Sure, we can't score enough to contend for a championship but Asik makes our top 10 defense even better (and more so when Rondo comes back and replaces Crawford at PG) and Asik paired with Sully will make our rebounding a lot better as well. Plus, Crawford and Humphries are decent scorers off the bench, and maybe Olynyk too, if he continues to develop.

This trade makes our team better as a whole IMO, more well-rounded with nobody playing out of position anymore (i.e. Sully, should thrive even more as a true PF).

vCash
    I don't understand most of this posts points .

We are a better defensive team with Asik , better rebounding team ,nobody is denying that .I just said that for this team to be somehow good offensively we need to make trades .Can you imagine how other team can defend us considering Rondo can't shot , and Asik is garbage in offense .

And btw if you think we can rely on offense on Green ,Bradley and Sully ,you're WRONG !

Red Auerbach

vCash
    I think we'll definitely need more scoring, and while I don't trust Rondo to shoulder the offensive load whatsoever, I'm certainly intrigued to see what he can do, especially in a season where there are ZERO expectations for us to succeed.

#BostonStrong

vCash
    If we can get Asik for Bass and Lee then do it. We'd shed some salary this year, that is important to ownership, and we shed Lee's long contract, that is important and we get the best player in the deal by far. I dont like having to include a draft pick but if it is the Clippers pick for next year I can probably live with it since it will more than likely be a 25 or worse pick.

Surprised Bass/Lee played tonight. I expect this deal done by tomorrow.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Love this deal for the Celtics assuming it's the LAC pick and not a 2014 first rounder. Since it's pretty clear that the Celtics aren't tanking, you might as well start wheeling and dealing role players for guys that can help us long term like Asik. He's not the best offensive center in the world, but he has decent hands and can defend well.

Honestly, I don't think it'll help us a ton this year. Bass and Lee provide a bit more on this team than Asik would, but long term, it's a good move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    Love this deal for the Celtics assuming it's the LAC pick and not a 2014 first rounder. Since it's pretty clear that the Celtics aren't tanking, you might as well start wheeling and dealing role players for guys that can help us long term like Asik. He's not the best offensive center in the world, but he has decent hands and can defend well.

Honestly, I don't think it'll help us a ton this year. Bass and Lee provide a bit more on this team than Asik would, but long term, it's a good move.
    We need a Center, Asik fills that role perfectly. I think he'll help Boston win more than Bass + Lee will.

And Asik is only under contract for this year and next, so it's not really a long term move.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast