Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you think Forte is a top tier back?

I'm pretty sure most would agree that the top tier of RBs right now in no order is AP, Charles, Lynch, and McCoy. Do you think Forte belongs in this group, or do you think he's just under them?

I don't think the guy gets nearly enough credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

vCash
    I still keep Foster in pretty high regards personally. I think Bush is up there too somewhere (not in the upper tier). I have him in the 6-8 range.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Forte is a top 5 RB. Considering everything he brings, running, blocking, and receiving, he may even be higher.

vCash
    Forte and Josh Gordon have carried me to the SB this year in fantasy so he's the best in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Forte is a top 5 RB. Considering everything he brings, running, blocking, and receiving, he may even be higher.
    Who would you take him over, assuming the top 5 are:

AP, Lynch, McCoy, Charles, Foster
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Forte and Josh Gordon have carried me to the SB this year in fantasy so he's the best in my book.
    I have to depend on Cousins this week.

I also need for Brees/Graham/Colsten to go ham on Carolina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Who would you take him over, assuming the top 5 are:

AP, Lynch, McCoy, Charles, Foster
    I could easily see him over Foster(as much as I love the guy, I think he's a bit overrated), but definitely not the other 4.

The NFL is in a weird position right now though, there's a ton of backs(not unlike QBs) that have had a very successful first 2 seasons of their career, and another few that have brokeout this year(Bush, Moreno), that 6-15 is damn near wide open.

I'm also in the Fantasy superbowl, the matchup is -

Me/him

Luck/Brees
    T. Smith(or Welker depending)/Wright
    Bryant/Marshall
    Charles/Stacy
    Murray/Vereen
    H. Miller/Bennet
    Folk/Scobee
    Pats/kansas city
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I'm pretty sure most would agree that the top tier of RBs right now in no order is AP, Charles, Lynch, and McCoy. Do you think Forte belongs in this group, or do you think he's just under them?

I don't think the guy gets nearly enough credit.
    I think he's elite. Maybe not an elite "runner" but he's also a fantastic blocker, and receiver.

Very underrated back. If he's not in the top 5 he's close.

vCash
    I think elite you might say Charles/AP/Lynch/Mccoy

Then maybe have Forte the front of that second tier of ugys or at the bottom of the elite guys.

vCash
    Really hoping he hits 2K scrimmage. I think he should break quite a lot more tackles and he's not the most reliable in short yardage or even inside runs. But he's as complete as they come and one of the best at making defenders miss in one on one situations. I've always kind of felt he is replaceable but at the same time I'll be sad to see him go. He was a very good pick from the Angelo era that's for sure. The best offensive player he drafted and a real gem of a find.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I could easily see him over Foster(as much as I love the guy, I think he's a bit overrated), but definitely not the other 4.

The NFL is in a weird position right now though, there's a ton of backs(not unlike QBs) that have had a very successful first 2 seasons of their career, and another few that have brokeout this year(Bush, Moreno), that 6-15 is damn near wide open.

I'm also in the Fantasy superbowl, the matchup is -

Me/him

Luck/Brees
    T. Smith(or Welker depending)/Wright
    Bryant/Marshall
    Charles/Stacy
    Murray/Vereen
    H. Miller/Bennet
    Folk/Scobee
    Pats/kansas city
    I still have Foster over him, and possibly Bush.

vCash
    One of the most underrated players in the NFL.... He's top 5 and an elite back imo..

vCash
    I'd take a HEALTHY Foster over Forte. But I'd actually take Forte of Marshawn Lynch due to him being so versatile. He's my # 5 back. 1. AP 2. Mccoy 3. Charles 4. Foster 5. Forte

vCash
    He is easily a top tier back and the stats over the past 5 years back it up. He's 3rd in total yards this year right behind Mccoy and Charles and I think he's 3rd overall in the past 5 years as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    I'd take a HEALTHY Foster over Forte. But I'd actually take Forte of Marshawn Lynch due to him being so versatile. He's my # 5 back. 1. AP 2. Mccoy 3. Charles 4. Foster 5. Forte
    Lynch would be my odd man out IF I was forced to include Forte.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast