Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Sox get Jonathan Herrera for Franklin Morales

Rockies Acquire Franklin Morales
    By Steve Adams [December 18, 2013 at 12:49pm CST]
    The Rockies have acquired left-hander Franklin Morales from the Red Sox in exchange for infielder Jonathan Herrera, according to Ian Browne and Thomas Harding of MLB.com (Twitter link). In a second tweet, Harding adds that minor league right-hander Chris Martin is also headed to the Red Sox.
    Not bad.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    Herrera doesn't look too bad - decent K rate with a reasonable OBP. Not bad for a utility guy I suppose. Also, I take it this isn't our Chris Martin? I'm confused. I google him and all I get is some cricket player and a pitcher who's been on our farm since 2011.

vCash
    There's a typo in that post. Chris Martin is heading to the Rockies, not the Sox.

Is this guy our backup infielder next season?
    NHL PLAYOFFS 2014

Because its The Cup.......Go get it again boys

vCash
    He's a great back-up 2B in the field. He's meh at SS, and poor at 3B with limited experience. He's around average for a MI in OBP (since he became a semi regular his corrected OBP is .314). He's got weak SLG, but that's not a major issue.

He could be the main back-up guy, or he could be a strong sub in waiting.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-18-2013 at 04:08 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Decent IF sub. Better than what we had last year until Xander came up. So if we bring back Drew in a below market deal I assume WMB is gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Decent IF sub. Better than what we had last year until Xander came up. So if we bring back Drew in a below market deal I assume WMB is gone?
    If Drew is back, then WMB must be the odd man out, the only other "out" was 1B if no Napoli - but that's done.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Great deal. Miller Breslow are the LHP in the pen and we have Britton in AAA....no room for Morales.

Plus Herrera is a very good quality UIF....good defense, plays all 3 utility positions, can hit decently against RHP.

Only real issue now is getting an OF that can play CF, but I don't see that happening unless Carp is moved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Great deal. Miller Breslow are the LHP in the pen and we have Britton in AAA....no room for Morales.

Plus Herrera is a very good quality UIF....good defense, plays all 3 utility positions, can hit decently against RHP.

Only real issue now is getting an OF that can play CF, but I don't see that happening unless Carp is moved.
    We need a RHH CF via FA or trade. Carp could get moved in ST - or kept if someone else is moved.

vCash
    With the Rockies trading for Drew Stubbs, maybe we can strike up another deal with the Rox for Brandon Barnes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    For the Mets sake, I hope WMB stays put.....lol

vCash
    I actually liked Morales. He gave this team alot of options with his versatility as a lefty reliever, spot starter (in which he threw a few unexpected gems in 2012) and even as a regular starter at times in the past.

He will be missed by me anyways, but such as life, nothing lasts forever.

Nice trade, moving on now...
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

LET'S GO HABS!!!!

vCash
    I heard the Sox were not even pursuing Stephen drew anymore

Just a rumor I heard

The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post

Just a rumor I heard
    Best chance of getting him is every ML turns a cold shoulder to him on any multi year deal, when his agent makes his final pass offer him a 2 year $19M deal and see if he bites. Trade him as soon as it suits BC.

Or go without and spend more resources for a CF or LF - or both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post

Just a rumor I heard
    I hope that is the case because then he would have to crawl to us in that scenario. We really need a SS lol and we are the most logical candidates for his services.

vCash
    Nice pickup for the team, solid option as a backup infielder.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 9-11, games this week vs. New York Yankees (3), Toronto (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast