Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Week 16: Cleveland Browns @ New York Jets

GENOOOOOOO. Yes folks there still is Browns football being played.

Jordan Cameron (concussion) will not practice Wednesday.
    Cameron reported symptoms on Monday, at which point the concussion was diagnosed. It makes him highly questionable for Sunday's game against the Jets as he'll have to pass through the NFL's protocols quickly. Owners that had Cameron penciled into Week 16 lineups need to quickly scurry for alternatives as there's no real in-house option on the Browns. Delanie Walker and Tyler Eifert (if Jermaine Gresham is out) are desperation plug-n-play possibilities.
    No bueno.

Joe Haden (hip) is not practicing Wednesday.
    The Browns will see how Haden progresses as the week moves along, but he appears doubtful for the Week 16 game against the Jets. Leon McFadden filled in after Haden sustained his hip pointer last week.
    No bueno. Luckily though they are going against the Jets WR's.

Willis McGahee (concussion) has been cleared to practice and play in Sunday's game against the Jets.
    Rather just have Willis sit as he has no part of this teams future and instead give Edwin Baker 15-20 carries.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/cle/browns

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    I think the Browns should start Weeden just to remind the world what bad 1st round QBs look like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    I think the Browns should start Weeden just to remind the world what bad 1st round QBs look like.
    Your signature is the reason the Browns should draft AJ McCarron. I'm sold.
    [/B]I am a Pit Puritan.

vCash
    I see another close loss for us in this one. Can't see us being able to get much of a running game going at all against the Jets D, and with Cameron questionable I expect Flash to see a lot of double coverage. That means the game for us could rest on the shoulders of Little and Bess which doesn't fill me with confidence, especially after Campbell's performance last week.
    The only way we win this is to get some pressure on Geno and force some turnovers and let our defense win it for us.

vCash
    Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak 5m
    # Browns in shoulder pads for practice for 1st time since midseason. Chud trying to stress season isn't over.
    Good to hear. I know I say that I would like the better draft position at this time but if the Brownies could somehow win the next 2, go 6-10, 3-3 in the division and 5-7 in the AFC then that IMO would be a good improvement considering their QB carasoul this year and really help this team moving forward. Plus with the amount of assets i.e. cap space and multiple early draft picks they should still be playing to win. It will also show who really wants to be here next year IMO and who truly wants to get this thing turned around. Not out of the realm that they can win these next 2 games. If Haden is done for the year then it is going to be tough but the offense is going to have to step up then and the Pass Rush.

vCash
    Browns CB Joe Haden (hip pointer) will be a game-time decision in Week 16.
    Haden says he'll travel to New Jersey to face the Jets and "wants" to play, but the Browns won't determine his availability before a pre-game workout. The Jets aren't good enough in the passing game to capitalize on Haden's potential absence, and it's worth noting he'd allowed a touchdown in four consecutive weeks before going down. Brandon Marshall beat him last week.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Honestly, at this point of the season with only pride to play for I would just sit Haden this week. No point aggravating the hip any further plus it gives us a chance to have a good look at Mcfadden and what he has to offer us next season.

vCash

Week 16: Cleveland Browns @ New York Jets

I disagree. We're trying to change the culture and show that we no longer accept losing. Chud having them practice in pads shows that while it also shows that the seasons not over and we need to finish strong. If he can play he should play, simple as that. I'm tired of losing in order to get a better draft pick. I'd much rather us go out and win these last two games and use that momentum going into the off-season. Maybe that's just me.

vCash
    Im not saying we try and lose, but I do not see the point in aggravating an injury if Haden is not 100%. If he is fit, then great start him, but if he still has an issue then don't risk making it any worse. I also think it is a great chance to see what Mcfadden can do as the Jets have no true No.1 receiver and a poor QB, so if McFadden cant succeed against them, it will tell us a lot.

vCash
    Well another poor game all around for us, but I'm especially disappointed with our defense today. How do we give up over 200 yards rushing!! They have Geno at QB and no real threats at receiver, yet we let them rush all over us, I mean c'mon!!

On a plus note I like what I saw from Baker again, and would like to see him back next year as a rotational back. His average wasn't great today but the Jets have the best run D in the league.

With Ogs at FB, Dion Lewis, Baker and then sign Tate or draft a mid round RB, we could get a good running game going, as long as we get our QB and another receiver to get the passing game going we could have a good offense next year.