Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

lets say....(draft)

lets say that we really do tank and somehow get the first pick in the draft...who would you take and why?

If I were GM I would have to take 1 of 3 players this year, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart, Julius Randle. all in my opinion could become franchise players. Another who could work his way back up is Wiggins who was supposed to be the consensus number one overall.
    But because of the Lakers lack of a Pg I would have to put Smart above all.

*Disclaimer* I don't think we will even end up in the lottery

vCash
    Parker

vCash
    Parker or randle..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    PGs rule the league. Dante Exum or Smart. Obviously, I would trade down first to gain more assets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    PGs rule the league. Dante Exum or Smart. Obviously, I would trade down first to gain more assets.
    That's a myth. When was the last time a superstar point guard led a team to a title? How many times has it happened since 1990?

It's all about great wing players.

vCash
    I think things have changed. Lebron is a beast obviously and one of the all time greats, but Lebron is essentially the Heat's PG on offense. There are obvious exceptions, like the Pacers, but the top 5 teams in the west all have great PGs. We need to get through them to get to the finals.

Hopefully when the time comes, we'll sign Durant. There's your wing player.

Top tier PG + Durant + Kevin Love. That should be the goal by 2016.

vCash
    trading the first pick for like a top 5 pick plus that team's first rounder the year after would be pretty smart. Parker and Wiggins are going 1-2, but I think Smart can be really special. Freak athlete himself.

Reminds me of Westbrook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan4eva View Post
    lets say that we really do tank and somehow get the first pick in the draft...who would you take and why?

If I were GM I would have to take 1 of 3 players this year, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart, Julius Randle. all in my opinion could become franchise players. Another who could work his way back up is Wiggins who was supposed to be the consensus number one overall.
    But because of the Lakers lack of a Pg I would have to put Smart above all.

*Disclaimer* I don't think we will even end up in the lottery
    Whoever as long as I could sign and trade him for Kyrie Iriving.

2016: Uncle Drew-Durantula-Kalifornia Love

vCash
    Wiggins- Parker- Smart in that order. All will be superstars

vCash
    Interesting topic....but I think it could be a bit early. I want to see how these guys function once March Madness gets here. How they play after playing a tough league schedule and 30 games will give us an idea on what we might be able to expect to see from them during the stretch run.

Having said that, at this point, I'd like to see how Smart would turn out after playing two years with Kobe. Wiggins is going to be good, but he is going to need a couple more years to fully develop his skills.

As for Durante......he isnt coming. I would be completely shocked to see him leave Westbrook. Thats a dynasty in the making.

vCash
    If we have the #1 overall pick I think I'd go with Wiggins. But if we had the #3 pick, I'd go with Embiid. From What I've seen he looks like a monster, definitely could use his size down low.

vCash
    Although I do like the possibility of Jabari Parker donning the purple and Gold (LOVE his game) I've always liked great playmaking Point Guards and the Lakers havnt had one since the GOAT PG left, magic johnson.. Marcus smart is extremely different from magic, but I like his game. Reminds me a bit of russell westbrook, needs to improve his court vision and learn when the best time to shoot/pass is.. He can be coached up, perhaps magic himself would be willing to give some coaching here and there if lakers got a top PG in the draft.. Kobe could help with his scoring and magic could help his playmaking, best of both worlds..

Simple answer: I would trade that #1 overall pick for a pick somewhere between 3-5 (and future 1st) and snag marcus smart

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    In reality we'll probably wind up between 10-14

vCash
    Zach LaVine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERMANIA View Post
    If we have the #1 overall pick I think I'd go with Wiggins. But if we had the #3 pick, I'd go with Embiid. From What I've seen he looks like a monster, definitely could use his size down low.
    Wiggins like LeBron can be a MONSTER when he actual bulks up like LeBron did when he entered the league. But have to agree, Lakers will fall between 10-20 with no shot for the top 3. This year and next year is MISSION: KOBE, we all know it - get scoring record regardless of losses or championship aspirations.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast