Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Not-so-fun facts

In the last 30 years, the Raiders have ranked in the top ten in the NFL in penalties EACH year.....except for two (1999, 1990).

More often than not, they ranked in the top five. They were ranked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd numerous times.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon? Personally, I think there's a conspiracy against the Raiders.

Again, our biggest rivals are the Zebras.

NFL.com

vCash
    Actually that's not true, the Raiders were the 15th worst team last year in terms of penalties. Even better this year they are ranked as the 18th worst. So it looks like we are seeing improvement finally. If only the record improved as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    Actually that's not true, the Raiders were the 15th worst team last year in terms of penalties. Even better this year they are ranked as the 18th worst. So it looks like we are seeing improvement finally. If only the record improved as well.
    I should have clarified...number of penalties. This year we rank sixth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    I should have clarified...number of penalties. This year we rank sixth.
    I agree with you on the zebra rival. The Raiders are the most hated team in sports. We've seen our fair share of ******** calls. It happens to every team, but we seem to get a heavier dose.

vCash
    Here is another not so fun fact

2013 Oakland raiders top salaries

1) DMC - 9.7M cap figure - worthless
    2) Janikowski - 4.96M Kicker?! yes for a kicker. Atleast he is making half of those kicks
    3) Tyvon Branch - 3.9M is this guy even in the state of California?
    4) Briesel - 2.8M still not sure why we paid this guy
    5) Vance Walker - 2M thanks for showing up at camp

thats most of our money right there, well spent?

vCash
    Funny, I'm more concerned with when the penalty occurred as opposed to the number of penalties.
    We've had many critical 3rd down penalties that kept drives alive, leading to a score. We need some work on those. Are we being targeted? I'm not sure. Most of the penalties are close enough to call. I guess most teams would say the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Funny, I'm more concerned with when the penalty occurred as opposed to the number of penalties.
    We've had many critical 3rd down penalties that kept drives alive, leading to a score. We need some work on those. Are we being targeted? I'm not sure. Most of the penalties are close enough to call. I guess most teams would say the same.
    With that many penalties, there will always be calls at the worst times, too. It's unavoidable. And we're talking about 30 YEARS!

In comparison to penalty yardage.......While more telling about the actual damage done in that game, it is misleading due to plays like pass interference, which could be a 40 yard penalty and still be less damaging than a 2 yard penalty in the red zone, if you know what I mean. The point is, the raiders get picked on every year by the refs......a lot!

We're talking about a span of time which has seen numerous different coaches, players, and now even the owner. Something's wrong with this picture. I think the raiders are marked men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post

2) Janikowski - 4.96M Kicker?! yes for a kicker. Atleast he is making half of those kicks

Seems like walker is ok. But you're right, the others have been a waste of cash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle:27636301

2) Janikowski was been good for years but I agree we shouldn't be paying that much on a kicker.
    3)Tyvon Branch is a really good safety but got hurt
    5) Vance Walker is pretty decent and would love have back as depth

vCash
    Facts are watching the games lately have not been so fun. That is the not so fun facts.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    2) Janikowski was been good for years but I agree we shouldn't be paying that much on a kicker.
    3)Tyvon Branch is a really good safety but got hurt
    5) Vance Walker is pretty decent and would love have back as depth
    I am always confused on why Branch is touted as a good safety?!? At no point have I have seen this guy make any impact plays in the secondary. Not a big hitter, instincts are so-so, and seems to only be good for chasing down long plays. If he didn't have speed I'm not sure what he would have. In my opinion, he has/is one of the most over-hyped players on the roster.

vCash
    Bad calls kill the game. I am in the conspiracy boat.

For instance, the PI call on Rivera, in Denver, week 3. The Raiders are playing the best team, in Denver, and already are starting at their own 5 because of a kickoff penalty on their opening drive. they are already down by 7 and it is 3rd and 10 at our own 5. Pryor throws an out to Rivera for 15 yards. It is called back for PI against Rivera, and Rivera was 10 yards away from anyone on the route. The Raiders are forced to punt and don't get past the 50 for the whole half, suffocated with bad field position. That call single-handedly costed the Raiders the game. They already had 0 chance of to win, and the refs give Denver a 14 point handicap. Thx NFL and F U Goodell.

Then again, DA has costed us a couple of games with his dumb ***** calls. For instance, pulling McGloin out after being 3/4 with a dropped pass by a fullback in the Jets game. Don't forget that 3 bus loads of family came to see McGloin and DA pulls that crap. Def would piss me off and take the wind out of my sail. I was surprised MM played as well as he did after that (barring the INT).

In the end, the conspiracy ends with AL. If I was the NFL, I would also tell all the refs in the league to punish his franchise after suing them 3 times.

vCash
    And 12 more penalties for 73 yards against the Chargers. The very crucial one being a defensive holding penalty on Jenkins. This gave them a first down which then led to a TD that put them ahead for good.

vCash
    Agreed on Branch. He does make a ton of tackles but as far as a play maker I have not seen it to garner the hype he gets. But I do like him. But I might more like the idea of it then the actual entertainment I get from him

vCash
    Raiders buried in penalty flags! And this is AFTER I started this post.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...s-in-san-diego

I like the part where it says the Chargers declined more Raider penalties (4) than they were called for (Chargers-3 penalties total).

This is hilarious! The Raiders were flagged 16 times in this game versus the Chargers 3..........